Windows 10: 2 Monitor up with Laptop - right monitor cutoff

Discus and support 2 Monitor up with Laptop - right monitor cutoff in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have a new set-up with my laptop and 2 monitors/screens. I have managed to get everything working although the right monito is cut-off where I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mahagen, May 29, 2018.

1. mahagen Win User

2 Monitor up with Laptop - right monitor cutoff

Hi,

I have a new set-up with my laptop and 2 monitors/screens. I have managed to get everything working although the right monito is cut-off where I can only see half the taskbar. The view on my laptop is fine, although I keep it closed and just use the two monitors. Both monitors have matching settings and are identical and brand new out of the box.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

:)

mahagen, May 29, 2018
  2. Prabhavathi Patil Win User

Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 29, 2018
  3. kaylieantoinette Win User
    second monitor on windows 10 laptop will not stay on

Display car driver is not listed in programs. (Step 2)

The drive was successfully updated (Step 1): NO JOY. The monitor still will not remain ON.

kaylieantoinette, May 29, 2018
Thema:

2 Monitor up with Laptop - right monitor cutoff

1. 2 Monitor up with Laptop - right monitor cutoff - Similar Threads - Monitor Laptop right

2. Laptop-Monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop-Monitor: Hi I just got a new system to play a game on and I want my laptop to become its screen how do I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/laptop-monitor/902b9ba3-9e04-480d-9260-7d3cdaf4d6ac
  3. Setting up an additional monitor to laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting up an additional monitor to laptop: I am attempting to set up an additional monitor to my laptop for work so I can see two different screens at once. I hooked the new monitor up via an HDMI cord to the laptop, went to display in settings but it won't let me change anything. It keeps showing me the same thing...
  4. Hook up of 2 monitor to laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hook up of 2 monitor to laptop: I have an HP laptop running windows 10. I want to hook up an HP monitor to run as a second screen for work. The monitor came with a high speed USB cable. When I plug it into the laptop the screen on the monitor lights up with the HP logo and then goes black. When I do get...
  5. display only on monitor 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    display only on monitor 2: Setting up new monitor. selected display on monitor 2 only by mistake. Now cannot get back to laptop display screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/display-only-on-monitor-2/cb0576fc-21e4-48d0-8e2c-c72bedc4452f
  6. 2 Monitor up with Laptop - cutoff 2nd Monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    2 Monitor up with Laptop - cutoff 2nd Monitor: Hi, I have a new set-up with my laptop and 2 monitors/screens. I have managed to get everything working although the right monito is cut-off where I can only see half the taskbar. The view on my laptop is fine, although I keep it closed and just use the two monitors. Both...
  7. Blurry on Monitor 2

Blurry on Monitor 2: Hi, This is a clean Windows 10 installation. OS: W10 Home GPU driver: AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series Monitor 2: Dell ST2410 This happens approx after 30 min. W10 has been installed. Before, opening FF would be crystal clear, or any other application, for...
  8. External Monitor and Laptop Monitor Screen Resolution Issue

External Monitor and Laptop Monitor Screen Resolution Issue: I have a dell laptop that has 1920x1080 resolution. However, i connect it to an external monitor that has 1920x1200 resolution. Basically almost everything i do is on my external monitor which acts as my main primary screen. Thus i do sometimes open some windows or drag a...
  9. Laptop to Monitor Resolution

Laptop to Monitor Resolution: I usually have my laptop plugged into my monitor, but the laptops resolution is smaller than my monitors resolution. my laptop is making my monitor display 1366x 768 when it should be 1920x 1080. Please help. 31537
  10. 2 monitors

2 monitors: Why does anyone need 2 monitors in Windows 10? Can't you split the screen? 49590