2 Monitor up with Laptop - right monitor cutoff

Discus and support 2 Monitor up with Laptop - right monitor cutoff in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Hi, I have a new set-up with my laptop and 2 monitors/screens. I have managed to get everything working although the right monito is cut-off where I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mahagen, May 29, 2018.

1. mahagen Win User

Hi,

I have a new set-up with my laptop and 2 monitors/screens. I have managed to get everything working although the right monito is cut-off where I can only see half the taskbar. The view on my laptop is fine, although I keep it closed and just use the two monitors. Both monitors have matching settings and are identical and brand new out of the box.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

:)

mahagen, May 29, 2018
  2. Prabhavathi Patil Win User

Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 30, 2018
  3. kaylieantoinette Win User
    second monitor on windows 10 laptop will not stay on

Display car driver is not listed in programs. (Step 2)

The drive was successfully updated (Step 1): NO JOY. The monitor still will not remain ON.

kaylieantoinette, May 30, 2018
Thema:

2 Monitor up with Laptop - right monitor cutoff

2 Monitor up with Laptop - right monitor cutoff - Similar Threads - Monitor Laptop right

1. 2 Monitor up with Laptop - cutoff 2nd Monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    2 Monitor up with Laptop - cutoff 2nd Monitor: Hi, I have a new set-up with my laptop and 2 monitors/screens. I have managed to get everything working although the right monito is cut-off where I can only see half the taskbar. The view on my laptop is fine, although I keep it closed and just use the two monitors. Both...
  2. External monitor is not working with my Windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    External monitor is not working with my Windows 10 laptop: I have a small HP laptop with Windows 10. Everything works except I cannot get an external monitor to work. The external monitor used to work with this laptop. I know the external monitor and HDMI cable still work because I tried with a different computer. With my Windows 10...
  3. No display on laptop's external monitor-Monitor recognized but blank

in Windows 10 Support
    No display on laptop's external monitor-Monitor recognized but blank: After the recent Windows 10 update, my wife's laptop no longer displays on the external monitor. All was well before the update. I am comfortable that Windows sees the monitor because clicking on Display Settings shows two displays. If I unplug the HDMI cable, only one...
  4. Different resolution for laptop screen/external monitor?

in Windows 10 Support
    Different resolution for laptop screen/external monitor?: Hey everyone, I recently bought an external monitor for my laptop and I would like to use both of the screens in extended mode. The problem is that my laptop's screen resolution is 1366x768 and the external monitor's resolution is 1440x900. How do I change the...
  5. Close laptop lid - external monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Close laptop lid - external monitor: I have a laptop monitor and an external monitor and set things up so the display is extended On my old Windows 10 laptop, when I shut the lid of the laptop, all the windows on that screen would just move to external monitor. My new laptop (Asus) does not do this and the...
  6. Laptop won't let me make external monitor main display

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop won't let me make external monitor main display: My Acer Aspire ES-15 Windows 10 laptop won't let me make my external monitor the main display. I can find the option, but the tickbox is greyed out. 98956
  7. Shortcut: to keep Start on laptop screen, Desktop on Monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut: to keep Start on laptop screen, Desktop on Monitor: I have a Surface Book with an external monitor, the other day I made a typo and found my Start screen on my laptop's screen, and my Desktop screen on the monitor. I loved it! Apparently, Win10 has an option that forces the Start screen to remain on the laptop while...
2 Monitor up with Laptop - right monitor cutoff solved