Windows 10: 2 network drives missing in action

Discus and support 2 network drives missing in action in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We have 2 desktops, 2 convertibles and an hp tablet. We started with total mess network wise - tried most of the fixes and none really helped. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by exscentric, Jan 3, 2016.

1. 2 network drives missing in action

We have 2 desktops, 2 convertibles and an hp tablet. We started with total mess network wise - tried most of the fixes and none really helped. I removed homegroup and started over making sure ALL units were in homegroup and still had problems. After many tries of fixes etc. I discovered two of the units were in different workgroups???? on how that happened.

We are finally able to see all computers on all the computers but are left with two network drives which show up as media units but never show up and available in the computer area on all computers. Both show up fine on my desktop but never on any of the other units.

Have rebooted, checked settings and have no idea what to check now.

We have used networking of some sort for years and depend on it - have been without it now for way too long.

:)

exscentric, Jan 3, 2016

2. Farmville 2 missing for action..

Thanks for your reply Justin.. but nothing worked.. the icon is still missing.. and I cannot play the game..

EvanKharsyntiew, Jan 3, 2016
  3. Farmville 2 missing for action..

Hello, EvanKharsyntiew.

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We're glad to help you!

I understand that you are unable to find Farmville 2 in your app list. Have you tried to perform a soft reset? If not please do so.

You can perform the soft reset by having your phone turned on. Then, press and hold the
    volume down
    2 network drives missing in action [​IMG]
    and
    Power
    2 network drives missing in action [​IMG]
    buttons until your phone vibrates and restarts. Note that
    you should not touch the device screen during this process (not even when the 'slide down to power off' prompt appears). After performing soft reset try to open your apps.

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks!

Justin Sor, Jan 3, 2016
  4. pbcopter Win User

2 network drives missing in action

I had the same issue and running these two commands resolved the issue until Microsoft provides an update to fix it. This has been reported many times to Windows 10 feedback.
    sc.exe config lanmanworkstation depend= bowser/mrxsmb10/nsi
    sc.exe config mrxsmb20 start= disabled

Notes

• You must run these commands at an elevated command prompt.
    • You must restart the computer after you make these changes.
    Reference:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2696547

pbcopter, Jan 3, 2016
  5. Worked just fine! My wife is very happy! Thanks much!!

exscentric, Jan 3, 2016
  6. pbcopter Win User
    You're most welcome.

Happy New Year!!

pbcopter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

2 network drives missing in action

1. 2 network drives missing in action - Similar Threads - network drives missing

2. Network 2 and NAS drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network 2 and NAS drives: I have recently had to install a new router. Windows 10 now indicates that my network is Network 2 and denies me access to my WD NAS drives and their attached USB hard drives. I should be grateful for any advice....
  3. Network 2 and NAS drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network 2 and NAS drives: I have recently had to install a new router. Windows 10 now indicates that my network is Network 2 and denies me access to my WD NAS drives and their attached USB hard drives. I should be grateful for any advice....
  4. Network 2 and NAS drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Action Centre working but Quick Actions shortcuts are missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action Centre working but Quick Actions shortcuts are missing: Surface Book running Windows 10. Action Centre working fine but I can see the quick actions shortcuts that were normally visible. Going to System Settings and trying to edit the quick Action settings just opens the Action Centre and is of no help. [ATTACH]...
  6. Action Center is missing...

Action Center is missing...: Hey can you guys help me because i disabled Action Center from Winaero Tweaker and i uninstalled it. I was so dumb to forget that i disabled the Action Center. Please help me...
  7. Missing: 1 harddrives and 2 DVD drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing: 1 harddrives and 2 DVD drives: I am running Windows 10 and I am missing a G harddrive and 2 DVD drives from the configuration. Can anyone help me to get them back. I had this problem before but thought I would start a fresh inquiry. I just noticed that the DVD drives do appear in My PC but not in File...
  8. Quick actions missing from action center

Quick actions missing from action center: Quick actions suddenly disappeared from action center. I tried resetting windows as last resort after trying sfc, chkdsk and DISM. But still there are no quick actions in the Action Center. Action center opens normally and all notifications are displayed after windows reset...
  9. action center icon missing

action center icon missing: Missing icon for action center after update Windows 10 August 17, 2018 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_action/action-center-icon-missing/2fd34ca9-7616-4d98-911a-a034cc7bfba7
  10. Open With... action missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Open With... action missing: Hi my windows 10 missing "open with" function and I use it all the time need it back *Huh For example:I have a photo.jpeg > Right click > Shows "Open With..." > and "Open With..." again (when I click does nothing(*)) (*)It was supposed to open a dialog window asking...