Windows 10: 2 Off "C" drives

Discus and support 2 Off "C" drives in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have two SSDs both of which are mounted on separate "C" Drives.....W8.1 on one and W10 on the other. To create extra space on W10 have decided to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dencal, Jun 21, 2016.

1. dencal Win User

2 Off "C" drives

I have two SSDs both of which are mounted on separate "C" Drives.....W8.1 on one and W10 on the other.
    To create extra space on W10 have decided to format the W8.1.
    Have tried changing the drive letter in W8.1 so that I can open with W10 in order to format W8.1....drive letter change not possible, format greyed out.
    Neither M$ Disk management or CCleaner could perform this task.
    Any ideas would be appreciated.

:)

dencal, Jun 21, 2016
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Jun 21, 2016
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it 2 Off "C" drives :(

oh gawd wat to do ? 2 Off "C" drives :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram 2 Off "C" drives :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx 2 Off "C" drives :)

musum, Jun 21, 2016
  4. RWOne Win User

2 Off "C" drives

It shouldn't matter, the win 10 OS when booting will assign drive letters to both, and the one that it boots from will be C:

Boot it up with your 10 and the extra ...

RWOne, Jun 21, 2016
  5. dencal Win User
    I can boot up separately with each but when I connect the two together it only recognises W10.

dencal, Jun 21, 2016
  6. RWOne Win User
    What does disc management show for the extra drive when booted into 10?

You should be able to reformat, allocate space, etc.

RWOne, Jun 21, 2016
  7. dencal Win User
    As stated already extra drive W8.1 does not appear when booting from W10.
    I must emphasise I only wish to format W8.1.

dencal, Jun 21, 2016
  8. DooGie Win User

2 Off "C" drives

Have you tried booting into safe mode with command prompt on the Windows 8.1 drive and run a format command?

DooGie, Jun 22, 2016
  9. CountMike New Member
    CountMike, Jun 22, 2016
  10. dencal Win User
    Reasoning on my part suggests you cannot remove an O/S while it is operational.
    Have finally solved the problem, or rather M$ solved it.
    As already stated each SSD worked perfectly on their own.
    After trying to get either to recognise the other.....at the third attempt Windows started to correct faults on W8.1 then started to correct faults on W10.....from there it was easy to change the disk letter on W8.1 to "E" then restart the computer with W10 to format W8.1.
    My Thanks to all who replied.

dencal, Jun 22, 2016
  11. DooGie Win User
    Happy to hear you got it sorted out dencal *Smile

DooGie, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

2 Off "C" drives

1. 2 Off "C" drives - Similar Threads - Off drives

2. I turned OFF bitlocker , I can access the info in both drives, but just keep saying decripting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I turned OFF bitlocker , I can access the info in both drives, but just keep saying decripting: this has been going on since yesterday , windows is up-to-date as of 03/17/2024 , I read a ton of similar complaints in here going way back to 2014, is Bitlocker this BUGGY still ? any ideas if this will ever end ? and anyway to increase the process in process lasso to high...
  3. I turned OFF bitlocker , I can access the info in both drives, but just keep saying decripting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I turned OFF bitlocker , I can access the info in both drives, but just keep saying decripting: this has been going on since yesterday , windows is up-to-date as of 03/17/2024 , I read a ton of similar complaints in here going way back to 2014, is Bitlocker this BUGGY still ? any ideas if this will ever end ? and anyway to increase the process in process lasso to high...
  4. How do I boot off a recovery drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I boot off a recovery drive?: So I've got this laptop ASUS X54C and it had Windows 10, so I want to install Windows 7 on it. I knew that on almost every computer theres a Recovery partition. But this one had it blank. So I formatted it, found a image of Recovery drive on archive.org and burned it to...
  5. How do I boot off a recovery drive?

How do I boot off a recovery drive?: So I've got this laptop ASUS X54C and it had Windows 10, so I want to install Windows 7 on it. I knew that on almost every computer theres a Recovery partition. But this one had it blank. So I formatted it, found a image of Recovery drive on archive.org and burned it to...
  6. Microsoft Edge is driving me nuts. I hate it! How do I get it OFF my computer???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge is driving me nuts. I hate it! How do I get it OFF my computer???: I hate my desktop screen constantly changing. How do I get Microsoft Edge OFF of my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-is-driving-me-nuts-i-hate-it-how-do/6726ea4f-48d4-4632-b57d-b982e9d50156
  7. Microsoft Edge is driving me nuts. I hate it! How do I get it OFF my computer???

Microsoft Edge is driving me nuts. I hate it! How do I get it OFF my computer???: I hate my desktop screen constantly changing. How do I get Microsoft Edge OFF of my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-is-driving-me-nuts-i-hate-it-how-do/6726ea4f-48d4-4632-b57d-b982e9d50156
  8. Why is Onedrive deleting/moving stuff off my actual hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Onedrive deleting/moving stuff off my actual hard drive?: That's it. That's the question. Onedrive is a back up resource, it shouldn't be DOING this. Okay so to actually summarize; I got a new PC for Christmas and it came with Windows 11. Which means it comes with Onedrive. Okay neat. I go about my day. About a week ago I noticed...
  9. Why is Onedrive deleting/moving stuff off my actual hard drive?

Why is Onedrive deleting/moving stuff off my actual hard drive?: That's it. That's the question. Onedrive is a back up resource, it shouldn't be DOING this. Okay so to actually summarize; I got a new PC for Christmas and it came with Windows 11. Which means it comes with Onedrive. Okay neat. I go about my day. About a week ago I noticed...
  10. Why does One Drive appear in my address bar when saving a file when I have OneDrive turned off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does One Drive appear in my address bar when saving a file when I have OneDrive turned off?: Using Windows 11 Home/64.OneDrive is turned off. I store everything in my computer's hard drive and a USB connected drive.When I Save a document, or SaveAs a file or document, the address line shows OneDrive in the thread.Please help me know how to remove this from...