Windows 10: 2 Onenote windows at once?

Discus and support 2 Onenote windows at once? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi, is there any way to open 2 Onenote windows at once in Windows 10? I really miss this feature (along with the screen clipping that also seems to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by kcer, Apr 16, 2016.

1. kcer Win User

2 Onenote windows at once?

Hi, is there any way to open 2 Onenote windows at once in Windows 10? I really miss this feature (along with the screen clipping that also seems to have disappeared or moved)

:)

2. Missing option to sync OneNote Mobile

Problem solved by starting from scratch...

1. On the Windows Mobile device, go to ActiveSync and delete all partnerships with computers (under the "Options" menu)

2. On the Windows Computer, in Windows Mobile Device Center (WMDC), delete the partnership.

3. Uninstalled OneNote Mobile on the mobile device

4. Uninstalled OneNote on the computer

5. Uninstalled Windows Mobile Device Center.

Then I reinstalled:

1. Install OneNote

2. Install Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1

3. Plug in device

4. When prompted, install OneNote Mobile

5. In WMDC, I created a partnership to the device. Now OneNote shows up as a sync option and after the first sync, the "OneNote Mobile" notebook was created as expected.
    2 Onenote windows at once? [​IMG]

Dale Koetke [MSFT], Apr 16, 2016
  3. Windows 10 notes should open One Note 2016

1. OneNote 2016 is the default program

2. If I open the OneNote (Windows App) I am forced to enter a Microsoft account and it will change my Login method from Windows Login to Microsoft Live Login.

I don't want this.

Martin Richter, Apr 16, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

If you mean the desktop version and not the universal app, you can still do it.
    Here I have 2 instances of OneNote open(in this case I just re-clicked the start menu icon again after the 1st instance was finished opening).
    Use the system tray icon or *Start + Shift + S for a screenshot(bottom right in picture).

Cliff S, Apr 16, 2016
  5. kcer Win User
    Thanks! This is the version I have:

I take it this is the universal version? Can it still be done?

6. Cliff S New Member
    I just fiddled around with it, and it seems you can only open up one instance, and no, there is no screenshot option for the app.

You can use Windows snipping tool(make sure it's set to also copy the screenshot to the clipboard, then just paste the snip. Same thing if you use a 3rd party tool like PicPick.

Cliff S, Apr 16, 2016
  7. Winuser Win User
    I just tried opening two OneNote windows on my computer. With OneNote I can only open one window. With OneNote 2016 I can open multiple windows.

Winuser, Apr 16, 2016
  8. kcer Win User

Where is the .exe file for Onenote? I just checked program files (x86)/Microsoft Office/Onenote and there was no .exe there

9. Cliff S New Member
    It's a universal app so it's not in Program Files or Program Files(x86). It's somewhere in the Windows folder and/or Program Data and/or AppData, I can't remember at the moment.

Cliff S, Apr 16, 2016
  10. It sounds like you may need the "bundled with Office" version to do what you want.

DeaconFrost, Apr 17, 2016
  11. Cliff S New Member
    Nope he doesn't.
    OneNote is a standalone too and absolutely free for quite a while now.

Go here: Download OneNote

Cliff S, Apr 18, 2016
  12. I know there's a free version...it's been bundled with Windows for a while now, at least back to 8.1. Someone said earlier they weren't able to get the free version to be opened twice, so that may be a limitation of the free version (Post #5).

DeaconFrost, Apr 18, 2016
  13. Cliff S New Member

I'm not talking about the Universal app, I mean the desktop version. It's exactly the same one as, the one you get with Office. I've been using it since Windows 7.(without having Office)

Cliff S, Apr 18, 2016
  14. So does the free downloaded version allow opening of multiple Windows?

DeaconFrost, Apr 19, 2016
  15. Mystere Win User
    There are two free versions. One is a desktop app, one is a Universal app. You get the universal app through the Windows Store. You get the Free desktop app by downloading and installing it.

The desktop version supports more functionality than the Universal one.

Mystere, Apr 19, 2016
Thema:

1. 2 Onenote windows at once? - Similar Threads - Onenote once

2. How to change text from all uppercase and lower case in windows 11 onenote

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change text from all uppercase and lower case in windows 11 onenote: So i use one note extensively and i cannot find an option to select a text and make it all caps or all lowercase, and it is absolutely frustrating cuz i use this to emphasize important thinfs in my notes and helps me to retain the information better visually....
  3. How to change text from all uppercase and lower case in windows 11 onenote

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change text from all uppercase and lower case in windows 11 onenote: So i use one note extensively and i cannot find an option to select a text and make it all caps or all lowercase, and it is absolutely frustrating cuz i use this to emphasize important thinfs in my notes and helps me to retain the information better visually....
  4. OneNote for Windows 10 - reassignment of email account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneNote for Windows 10 - reassignment of email account: I have an old email linked to my OneNote for Windows 10, how do I reassign that to my new email?On my laptop, I have two Notebooks : Personal and WorkMy Personal Notebook is linked to an old email account that I no longer have access to. How can I change this Notebook to my...
  5. OneNote for Windows 10 - reassignment of email account

OneNote for Windows 10 - reassignment of email account: I have an old email linked to my OneNote for Windows 10, how do I reassign that to my new email?On my laptop, I have two Notebooks : Personal and WorkMy Personal Notebook is linked to an old email account that I no longer have access to. How can I change this Notebook to my...
  6. OneNote for Windows 10 - reassignment of email account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. How do I turn the sort feature off in OneNote, so I can drag and drop documents? Or, is...

How do I turn the sort feature off in OneNote, so I can drag and drop documents? Or, is...: How do I turn the sort feature off in OneNote, so I can drag and drop documents? Or, is there another fix if the drag and drop feature stopped working? I have a new Surface Pro and Windows 10, and I can no longer drag and drop into OneNote. I've reinstalled, etc. with no...
  8. OneNote not syncing pages once they have been moved

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OneNote not syncing pages once they have been moved: Hello,I am trying to get assistance with issues with OneNote. I have been moving pages into sections, during the move most of them were going fine. Then 3 have not been able to move. They have now been duplicated and now I can no longer access them where I receive an error...
  9. OneNote not syncing pages once they have been moved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneNote not syncing pages once they have been moved: Hello,I am trying to get assistance with issues with OneNote. I have been moving pages into sections, during the move most of them were going fine. Then 3 have not been able to move. They have now been duplicated and now I can no longer access them where I receive an error...
  10. OneNote not syncing pages once they have been moved