Windows 10: 2 out of 3 successful

Discus and support 2 out of 3 successful in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; First 2 installs went off without a hitch 3rd is proving to be a pain in the neck. I am up to 8 attempts after doing various things like using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Pipepro, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Pipepro Win User

2 out of 3 successful

First 2 installs went off without a hitch 3rd is proving to be a pain in the neck. I am up to 8 attempts after doing various things like using the tweaking.coms All-in-one repair tool, Anti-virus scans which did produce some malware. On the first 6 tries I would get to 32% of features and drivers before crashing and restoring old OS which is Windows 7. I got to 68% on the 7th try, same results. On the 8th try I made it all the way to configuration and crash. Because I experienced the same screen flash I determined it has to be the onboard Intel graphics drivers (Gateway All-in-one with touchscreen). No updates available so I guess I will have to wait. I have read everything I can, it seems drivers are at the root of many failures especially Asus , AMD based, Nvidia graphics, now add Intel graphics to the list.

:)

Pipepro, Aug 12, 2015
  2. Mark_W. Win User

Only 2 out of 3 email notifications working

Hello Rose b:

Thank you for responding and adding some clarity to your situation. I think what may be happening is that there is a misunderstanding about the lock screen notifications. It looks like it allows for notifications to 3 emails and not infinite emails put
    into the three slots. This may come down to determining which three accounts you would most like to see the lock screen notifications for.

The best way to test if this is what is happening it so first, unlink the Microsoft account and POP3 account that make up slot one. Once you have done this, go to settings > emails + accounts > tap and hold your Microsoft account > select sync. Send an
    email to one of the POP3 accounts that are in slot 2. Do you now get a notification on the lock screen?

If you still do not get notifications to tile 2, please unlink the three accounts that make up tile 2 and then sync your account. Again send a test email to the accounts that now make up your three email slots.

If you do need to set the lock screen email slots again, you may need to remove accounts and readd them to the phone. The first slot will be for the Microsoft account. The next two will be associated with next accounts added to the phone.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Mark W.

Mark_W., Aug 12, 2015
  3. Mark_W. Win User
    Only 2 out of 3 email notifications working

Hello Rose b:

Thank you for posting to the forum regarding your email notification question. It sounds like you are looking for the phone to do something it currently is not set up to do. At this point we would suggest you provide your feedback and suggestion here,

http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Mark W.

Mark_W., Aug 12, 2015
  4. badrobot Win User

2 out of 3 successful

Are you upgrading? or clean installing?

badrobot, Aug 12, 2015
  5. My advice, clean install Windows 7, then upgrade. Or do a factory reset, etc. It sucks but if its full of malware it can cause all kinds of issues on an upgrade. Or if it has corrupted system files as the result of removing malware. Backup what files you don't want to lose first.

alphanumeric, Aug 12, 2015
  6. badrobot Win User
    I was just about to say to do a reset but I don't know if he's upgrading or doing a clean install.

badrobot, Aug 12, 2015
  7. Antilope Win User
    I agree with a clean install of Windows 7. I've done that on a couple of systems with success. Also, try to load only the most generic drivers. On one system I had an NVIDIA card, but I allowed Windows 7 to load a generic VGA driver and after the Windows 10 upgrade, then I loaded the NVIDIA drivers. Saved a lot of grief.

Antilope, Aug 12, 2015
  8. Pipepro Win User

2 out of 3 successful

I am upgrading, I will try a clean install of Windows 7 and try again, I backed up the system to discs before attempting the upgrade. I still think it is a graphics driver issue, I searched for drivers without success. TYVM
    My 1st two upgrades were on other computers in my home that were successful.

Pipepro, Aug 12, 2015
  9. For me, graphics drivers were upgraded/installed after logging in the first time. On my laptop, after I log in for the first time, my screen flashes, I here the beeps for new hardware detected, and the get a ccc requires your attention. On my desktop, when I log in, only the one monitor works at low resolution., then the NVidia drivers are updated and all three work.

alphanumeric, Aug 12, 2015
  10. Pipepro Win User
    I upgraded the chipset drivers and I was successful. Thanks all for your help.

Pipepro, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

2 out of 3 successful

1. 2 out of 3 successful - Similar Threads - successful

2. How can I add her successfully back on the safety and not have those pop up messages? 2....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I add her successfully back on the safety and not have those pop up messages? 2....: Hi,I have Safety family installed on my Microsoft account organizer as well as my daughters member and the app on my phone. As my daughter wanted to buy a program she sent a request of approval. I then have received it and i was diverted to a payment option. I then added an...
  3. How can I add her successfully back on the safety and not have those pop up messages? 2....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I add her successfully back on the safety and not have those pop up messages? 2....: Hi,I have Safety family installed on my Microsoft account organizer as well as my daughters member and the app on my phone. As my daughter wanted to buy a program she sent a request of approval. I then have received it and i was diverted to a payment option. I then added an...
  4. Windows Configuration Update KB5035942 successfully installed and seems to be re-installing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Configuration Update KB5035942 successfully installed and seems to be re-installing...: I am running Windows 11 Pro version 23H2, build 22631.3447 on my personal Lenovo desktop and anywhere from several days ago to possibly a week ago I had been working on my computer and went to do some other things. When I came back, I could tell that the machine had re-booted...
  5. Windows Configuration Update KB5035942 successfully installed and seems to be re-installing...

Windows Configuration Update KB5035942 successfully installed and seems to be re-installing...: I am running Windows 11 Pro version 23H2, build 22631.3447 on my personal Lenovo desktop and anywhere from several days ago to possibly a week ago I had been working on my computer and went to do some other things. When I came back, I could tell that the machine had re-booted...
  6. How can I successfully install the April 2024 cumulative update KB5036892 for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I successfully install the April 2024 cumulative update KB5036892 for Windows 10?: I update successfully with automatic updates every month, usually with no problem. But this month, the cumulative update KB5036892 will not install. This is the message I get:Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later. Error...
  7. How can I successfully install the April 2024 cumulative update KB5036892 for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I successfully install the April 2024 cumulative update KB5036892 for Windows 10?: I update successfully with automatic updates every month, usually with no problem. But this month, the cumulative update KB5036892 will not install. This is the message I get:Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later. Error...
  8. How can I successfully install the April 2024 cumulative update KB5036892 for Windows 10?

9. update show in history as successfully downloaded but cntinues to try to download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    update show in history as successfully downloaded but cntinues to try to download: How can i reset update history so the update loop stops? Or is there more than one 23 H 2? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-show-in-history-as-successfully-downloaded/2971498d-bba9-48ea-b9ac-e1ddec20f9de
  10. update show in history as successfully downloaded but cntinues to try to download

update show in history as successfully downloaded but cntinues to try to download: How can i reset update history so the update loop stops? Or is there more than one 23 H 2? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-show-in-history-as-successfully-downloaded/2971498d-bba9-48ea-b9ac-e1ddec20f9de