Windows 10: 2 questions about Windows build numbers

Discus and support 2 questions about Windows build numbers in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The command Winver shows what your current Windows build number is. Mine is 10240 because I installed the first available "production" version - the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bbinnard, Sep 23, 2015.

1. bbinnard Win User

2 questions about Windows build numbers

The command Winver shows what your current Windows build number is. Mine is 10240 because I installed the first available "production" version - the so-called RTM (Release to Manufacturing) version. But what about subsequent versions/build numbers:

1. Does applying all available updates make my 10240 build the same as newer ones?

2. Would it make more sense to download newer build ISO files and re-install/update my older build #?

:)

bbinnard, Sep 23, 2015

2. Ringer loudness

I was afraid of that.

O/K, another question about the volume build up.

Does the build up occur in time or the number of rings?

That is, does the volume build to maximum in a specified number of seconds or number of rings?

Thanks

frankh---01, Sep 23, 2015
  3. error message

HOME

version 1607

build so 14393.693

LorenzoPoveromo, Sep 23, 2015
  4. 2 questions about Windows build numbers

Hi

As I understand it the version will update as it goes along for regular users.
    If you are in the Insider Program you will get them first but everyone will get them eventually (hopefully without the bugs).

I haven't heard anything about when the next retail build version will come out.

I searched but didn't find anything other then the general explanation of how it works.

When is the next Windows 10 build scheduled for release?

Mike

MikeHawthorne, Sep 23, 2015
  5. Ztruker Win User
    There are no newer released builds yet, just two Insider builds, 10532 and the current 10537.

If I remember correctly (doubtful with my memory) then applying all updates is not the same as downloading and installing the latest ISO. Updates are always going to be ahead of the ISO as far fixes (and new features) are concerned.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

2 questions about Windows build numbers

1. 2 questions about Windows build numbers - Similar Threads - questions build numbers

2. Question about Windows Insider Builds

in Windows 10 Customization
    Question about Windows Insider Builds: If I have a Windows Insider Build version of Windows 10, can I go back to the last stable version of Windows 10 while keeping my files and/or apps after the first ten days of usage of the Insider Build version?...
  3. Question about Windows Insider Builds

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question about Windows Insider Builds: If I have a Windows Insider Build version of Windows 10, can I go back to the last stable version of Windows 10 while keeping my files and/or apps after the first ten days of usage of the Insider Build version?...
  4. Question about Windows Insider Builds

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Question about Windows Insider Builds

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  6. Question about Windows Insider Builds

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Questions about M.2 Memory

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Questions about M.2 Memory: Hi I'm investigating what M.2 memory is all about and what is involved in getting it up and running. I've already learnt a lot in just browsing various websites that explain what it is. At present though, my husband seems to be having problems running Trainz on his PC and...
  8. Question about insider builds...

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about insider builds...: I’m currently on 18298 im downloading the iso for 18290... gonna install it... question 1: when i install 18290 will i have to update to 18298 sinceI’m in the insider build program question 2: if I install 18290 and stop to receive insider builds, can I re enable insider...
  9. 2 Questions about Disk & Defragmentation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2 Questions about Disk & Defragmentation: First of all, I'll show situation with screenshot: [img] 1. Why I have so many recovery partitions on my SSD? Is it okay? Or should I do something to change it? 2. It seems Defragmentation schedule was on weekly and all disks were checked by default. My question is...
  10. 2 Questions about 'Fast Startup'

in Windows 10 Support
    2 Questions about 'Fast Startup': I got 2 questions about Fast Startup: - Should I turn off Fast Startup? I heard that keeping it on is bad for your PC. - Is it true that one should reduce the size of the hibernate file if you use Fast Startup? 61569