Windows 10: 2 Router Profiles

Discus and support 2 Router Profiles in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 2 router profiles- one Private for configuring router page, printing, etc.- the other a Guest profile for intrnet surfing only.- no configuring,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AmateurITGuy, Aug 17, 2017.

1. 2 Router Profiles

I have 2 router profiles- one Private for configuring router page, printing, etc.- the other a Guest profile for intrnet surfing only.- no configuring, no printing , etc.

both have the same ssid but different passwords.- I want to use the guest profile just for testing restriction settings for now and later for guests when visiting---

so my question is how do I setup two network profiles for the different router profiles on a single user account.. or will I just need to setup a second user account to hold and use the guest profiles password? I'd like to use 2 network profiles using the same ssid but different passwords on a single user profile. (however when I manually setup a network connection with the other password it says. - 'the network name(ssid) is already in use. would you like to change It (no,i don't-that would change the ssid) or reset the current' (no, i don't-that would reset the first Private password to the second Guest password)... even though i'm trying to make a completely different second network profile for the guest...without getting rid of the first.
    Hop i'm explaining this correctly, any thoughts?

:)

AmateurITGuy, Aug 17, 2017
  2. noxscash Win User

router status

why do i have 2 router profiles named netgear56 and only 1 router? one shows it's connected to the internet and the other shows it's secured. i'm lost!

noxscash, Aug 17, 2017
  3. shed4 Win User
    windows 10 will not "forget" and old wireless profile.

I tried restarting the laptop, and also stopping and restarting Wifi services, without success. After the Wifi restart, I was able to see the old profile in the list under "manage known networks". When I deleted the old profile, however, it reappeared
    again within a few seconds in the list from the task-bar network icon. Note also that the old profile appears on both laptops on our network, and cannot be deleted on either of them. Both are Windows 10, and our desktop PC is also Windows 10.

I also ran the router manufacturer's software on the desktop computer where the new router is connected, and on both 2 laptops on the home network. The old profile does not appear on any of the computers using router software.

shed4, Aug 17, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

2 Router Profiles

This is more for techsupport forum.

cereberus, Aug 17, 2017
  5. bro67 Win User
    The Guest is exactly that. It is a Public portal that can be locked from seeing the Private side of the network and require a Passphrase if you wish. The private network is that. It does not allow for outside access through the Public side. Basically you have two WiFi connections on a single device. The better the device, the better the choice is that you can restrict guests to only use the 2.4ghz radio or have the 5ghz also available. I have never activated the Guest profile on my A/P, because there is zero reason to give someone that access.

bro67, Aug 18, 2017
  6. I think i'm a having hardware or maybe (router firmware) to sotware(win 10) problem in syncing the two router firmware profiles with the software network profiles

maybe a better way to explain it is... I'm trying to sync the two so I can switch between profiles on-the-fly (but can't make the second software profile) in other words I want to disconnect the main profile on the 'available networks page' and switchover and connect to the guest profile and check settings(without having to retype the two password everytime, I switch back and forth(every 5 min. or so while I check settings as this would be tedious to enter passwords every switch
    ... or maybe I'm just off my rocker and this can't be done)...yes, no, maybe so !?

Secondly maybe it would just be easier to ask, can one computer be running as guest off the router while i'm running private off the router? bcz iswear I was running youtub vids while on private but then my cousin stops by and says' hey, its says secure 'whats your password?', so I gave him the guest password and we were both running at the same time ).me with full permissions and him restricted.) and so now I want to be able to switch myself over to guest on the fly with a click.(through the firmwares passwords saved in the network profiles.)- I don't want the standard win 10 switch to guest bcz that doesn't use a password as far as I know and isn't configureable like the router is. (my speculation) )

GEEZ..all this and I'm not even drunk!... I better stop babbling or I might confuse the thread worse.

AmateurITGuy, Aug 18, 2017
  7. bro67 Win User
    Again you have to tell your router how to allow Public to have access to the Private side. There is no syncing of the profiles, because it is how you set up to allow the VLAN that makes up the Public side, to be allowed if you wish to access the Private side. I would suggest downloading the manual on your gateway and read through it, because it will walk you through if it has the ability of letting the Public to see the Private side.

Also your computer has zero to do with how the router is set up, unless you only connect to the Public Side and try to access the Private side, without allowing the two sides to interact.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

2 Router Profiles

1. 2 Router Profiles - Similar Threads - Router Profiles

2. Slow Wi-Fi on PC, Faster on Phone's Hotspot Despite Same Router Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow Wi-Fi on PC, Faster on Phone's Hotspot Despite Same Router Connection: I'm using network adapter. I'm experiencing slow Wi-Fi connection on my PC when connected to my router, but the connection is faster when I use my phone's hotspot, even though both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network from the router. Any insights on why this might...
  3. My internet not working I cannect my ethernet cable through router to desktop but in router...

My internet not working I cannect my ethernet cable through router to desktop but in router...: My internet not working on my desktop I connected my ethernet cable to router it's light blinking but not connected on my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-internet-not-working-i-cannect-my-ethernet/d50a06b3-1c9f-496a-bdf3-9a1bc3d56ba6
  4. Can not detect any router signal. How to solve this issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not detect any router signal. How to solve this issue?: Hi. I have faced a problem that my laptop can not detect any router signal. I updated my network driver but did not get any solutions. I provide a picture. This picture does not show any preferred band option. How to solve this issue windows 10?...
  5. Can not detect any router signal. How to solve this issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not detect any router signal. How to solve this issue?: Hi. I have faced a problem that my laptop can not detect any router signal. I updated my network driver but did not get any solutions. I provide a picture. This picture does not show any preferred band option. How to solve this issue windows 10?...
  6. Can not detect any router signal. How to solve this issue?

7. I can’t get my computer to find my router after updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t get my computer to find my router after updates: My computer can’t find my router after updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-get-my-computer-to-find-my-router-after/1ee65e33-1fe7-4310-9b23-ff2ded5b9de4
  8. I can’t get my computer to find my router after updates

I can’t get my computer to find my router after updates: My computer can’t find my router after updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-get-my-computer-to-find-my-router-after/1ee65e33-1fe7-4310-9b23-ff2ded5b9de4
  9. Unable to find my home router wifi on windows pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to find my home router wifi on windows pc.: My laptop Lenovo G50-80 detects every wifi, except my home internet. Specs: Windows 10 Home Single Language8GB RAMIntelR CoreTM i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20 GHz ProcessorI have checked with my internet provider and there are no blocks/issues on their end. Looking for...
  10. Unable to find my home router wifi on windows pc.

Unable to find my home router wifi on windows pc.: My laptop Lenovo G50-80 detects every wifi, except my home internet. Specs: Windows 10 Home Single Language8GB RAMIntelR CoreTM i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20 GHz ProcessorI have checked with my internet provider and there are no blocks/issues on their end. Looking for...