Windows 10: 2 Shutdown Buttons

Discus and support 2 Shutdown Buttons in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Whenever i go to shutdown my Windows 10 PC I have 5 selections, not 3, And 1 of them is 2 Shutdown buttons, 1 is Normal Shutdown and the other is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bilko367YT, Jul 21, 2018.

1. 2 Shutdown Buttons

Whenever i go to shutdown my Windows 10 PC I have 5 selections, not 3, And 1 of them is 2 Shutdown buttons, 1 is Normal Shutdown and the other is Update and Shutdown. What's going on here? The last time I had this issue and hit Update and Shutdown my PC had boot looped.

:)

Bilko367YT, Jul 21, 2018
  2. Marby Rey Win User

SHUTDOWN BUTTON !!

Hi,

To create shutdown button shortcut, kindly follow these steps.

• Right-click on the desktop, select New and then choose Shortcut.
    • In the shortcut location box, enter the command for shutdown shutdown.exe -s -t 00.
    • Click Next, then type the name of this shortcut.
    • Click Finish.
    • Right-click the shortcut on the desktop, then select Pin to taskbar.

Let us know the outcome.

Marby Rey, Jul 21, 2018
  3. Shutdown -i says access denied.

Hi Lucian,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if there is change in power settings.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• When you say that "shutdown -I", how exactly have you shutdown the computer? Have you tried to shutdown the computer by typing command "shutdown -I" in the command prompt?
    • Have you tried to shutdown using power button in the Start Menu?

I suggest you to try to shutdown the computer by following below steps and check if the same issue occurs or not.

1. Click on Start Menu.

2. Click on Power button and then click on Shut down.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jul 21, 2018
  4. Vinodh.V Win User

2 Shutdown Buttons

ShutDown button in desktop (Win-10)

Hi Marcel,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

You can create shortcut for Shutdown, restart and sleep by following the below steps:

• First right-click on the desktop, choose New and then Shortcut.
    • In the shortcut location box, you’ll need to enter the correct command, which I’ve listed for you below.
    • For Shutdown type the below command:
    Shutdown.exe -s -t 00

• For Restart type the below command:
    Shutdown.exe -r -t 00

• For Sleep type the below command:
    rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0

After you click Finish, you should now have a new icon that you can double-click to immediately shutdown, restart, or lock your computer.

Hope this information helps, for further assistance please reply.

Vinodh.V, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

2 Shutdown Buttons

1. 2 Shutdown Buttons - Similar Threads - Shutdown Buttons

2. My PC wont shutdown, taskbar wont show, power button wont work, settings wont load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC wont shutdown, taskbar wont show, power button wont work, settings wont load: Yo my pc wont shut down I tried through windows and even the button on the case but it wont work Settings doesnt load And i had a black screen Now home button doesnt work, task bar wont show up, and wallpaper is just black I have 2 lights on my case next to the power button...
  3. My PC wont shutdown, taskbar wont show, power button wont work, settings wont load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC wont shutdown, taskbar wont show, power button wont work, settings wont load: Yo my pc wont shut down I tried through windows and even the button on the case but it wont work Settings doesnt load And i had a black screen Now home button doesnt work, task bar wont show up, and wallpaper is just black I have 2 lights on my case next to the power button...
  4. PC suddenly shutdowns leaving a blinking power button light

PC suddenly shutdowns leaving a blinking power button light: When i was playing roblox for 1 hour or longer my pc just shuts off when i checked i noticed my pc is blinking i rebooted it it did not work i thought it was my dvd-rw drive i ejected nothing happened so does someone help me with this?...
  5. PC suddenly shutdowns leaving a blinking power button light

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC suddenly shutdowns leaving a blinking power button light: When i was playing roblox for 1 hour or longer my pc just shuts off when i checked i noticed my pc is blinking i rebooted it it did not work i thought it was my dvd-rw drive i ejected nothing happened so does someone help me with this?...
  6. Help: My PC won't shutdown or restart. I had to press the power button 5-10 seconds to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help: My PC won't shutdown or restart. I had to press the power button 5-10 seconds to...: Hello,I'm having trouble with my PC not shutting down or restarting correctly. There's this instance that I've waited for 30 minutes for it to finish restarting/shutting down but it's still on the process of doing so.I've tried restoring it to a point where it still functions...
  7. Help: My PC won't shutdown or restart. I had to press the power button 5-10 seconds to...

Help: My PC won't shutdown or restart. I had to press the power button 5-10 seconds to...: Hello,I'm having trouble with my PC not shutting down or restarting correctly. There's this instance that I've waited for 30 minutes for it to finish restarting/shutting down but it's still on the process of doing so.I've tried restoring it to a point where it still functions...
  8. Help: My PC won't shutdown or restart. I had to press the power button 5-10 seconds to...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  9. Computers freezes randomly at startup only shutdown button to restart works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computers freezes randomly at startup only shutdown button to restart works: Hello,During the last months I found a problem with five computers in our company: when they log into Windows the system stops and we have to press shutdown button to restart neither control+alt+delete worksThis problem occurs randomly. Sometimes is one of these five...
  10. Computers freezes randomly at startup only shutdown button to restart works

Computers freezes randomly at startup only shutdown button to restart works: Hello,During the last months I found a problem with five computers in our company: when they log into Windows the system stops and we have to press shutdown button to restart neither control+alt+delete worksThis problem occurs randomly. Sometimes is one of these five...