Windows 10: 2 Task Scheduler questions

Discus and support 2 Task Scheduler questions in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A shortcut address of Task Scheduler is %windir%\system32\taskschd.msc /s. 1. What does the /s do? 2. How can I make a shortcut to open Task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tcebob, May 13, 2017.

1. tcebob Win User

2 Task Scheduler questions

A shortcut address of Task Scheduler is %windir%\system32\taskschd.msc /s.

1. What does the /s do?

2. How can I make a shortcut to open Task Scheduler to Task Scheduler Library/XUAC (or other subdirectory)?

:)

tcebob, May 13, 2017

2. CompatTelRunner.exe in Windows 10

I found this link that pointed out what it was and what to do about it (answer #2 from annon) from this link:

Windows Disk I/O 100% at boot for 20 Minutes

Basically it's part of MS' Application Experience. It's started from Task Scheduler and you can disable it. The path in Task Scheduler in Windows 10 was:

Task Scheduler Library / Microsoft / Windows /Application Experience

I found three tasks in that category and I disabled two of them. I disabled the ones labeled 'Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser' and 'ProgramDataUpdater'.

ThomasJohnson-977, May 13, 2017
  3. AlMason Win User
    What is USER_ESRV_SVC_WILLAMETTE?

The issue is that we do not know what
    function this scheduled task is performing!

1. What is it's purpose?

2. If disabled will it have consequences, and if so what consequences? Positive or negative?

It triggers the following program to start:

"C:\Windows\System32\Wscript.exe" //B //NoLogo "C:\Program Files\Intel\SUR\WILLAMETTE\ESRV\task.vbs"

3. Do we need this scheduled task, or is it for Windows, Microsoft, or Intel's benefit....and what benefit is that?

If you will kindly answer these questions, weas a user community, will have a clearer understanding of why we are or should run this scheduled task.

Thank you in advance.

AlMason, May 13, 2017
  4. 2 Task Scheduler questions

Hi tcebob

Found this on stackoverflow.com

%SystemRoot%\system32\taskschd.msc /s
    Older versions of windows had a splash screen for the MMC control panel and the /s switch would suppress it. It's not needed but doesn't hurt either.

Sorry can't answer part two.

Ken

Caledon Ken, May 13, 2017
  5. tcebob Win User
    Thanks, Caledon Ken. I deleted the /s and it works just fine. And I saved 765 bytes per command!

tcebob, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

2 Task Scheduler questions

1. 2 Task Scheduler questions - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler questions

2. Task Scheduler question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler question: I am not getting any answers for the Task Scheduler question and I don't think I will ever get it. Do you think re-posting the question will help? I don't know what to do....
  3. Task Scheduler question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler question: I am not getting any answers for the Task Scheduler question and I don't think I will ever get it. Do you think re-posting the question will help? I don't know what to do....
  4. Task Scheduler and question on authorities

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task Scheduler and question on authorities: I have a few issues with my new PC - unfortunately HP have not been useful. I have a batch job to robocopy from my D drive to my W drive network connected. The program sits in my C drive Desktop. When I run the batch file directly it works fine. When I put it in Task...
  5. Task scheduler and Onedrive (uninstalled) question.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task scheduler and Onedrive (uninstalled) question.: [ATTACH] scheduler Is it normal to still have a schedule for it even if it's not installed anymore? submitted by /u/wiseude [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lpl8o3/task_scheduler_and_onedrive_uninstalled_question/
  6. Task Wizard Scheduling question

Task Wizard Scheduling question: Hi everybody I have set up a scheduled task to shut down my computer every day in the middle of the night while on a Skype call with a significant other. I was wondering, does that damage my laptop in any way because the skype call is still ongoing when the command executes...
  7. Win Task Scheduler noob question

Win Task Scheduler noob question: Hello, I would like to start a specific sound file (mp3) with the VLC media player at a predefined time. I already managed to tell the Task Scheduler to open the player, but I dont know how to tell him that the sound file should be opened within the player. I tried to enter...
  8. Task Scheduler question.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler question.: I would like to run a helper app when another app is run How do i do this with Task Scheduler? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-scheduler-question/b970ab0f-1a97-4526-a547-74e638e07d5c
  9. Task Scheduler Question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Scheduler Question: One of my desktops will not let me schedule a task using my Microsoft Account. Instead, it shows the Desktop account assigned under System Name in System Information. I am signed in with MS Account and it is the ONLY user showing under Control Panel Users, but Task Scheduler...
  10. Task scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task scheduler: I have created a task that will run once every night 01:00 on my Windows machine. It worked OK before upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Now it doesn't. When I try to run it manually from Task Scheduler following error occurs: Task Scheduler service is not available. Task...