Windows 10: 2 tries to wake up laptop

Discus and support 2 tries to wake up laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After the latest upgrade to Windows 10 Creators, my trusty T500 Thinkpad has (re-)developed an issue with waking from sleep. It wakes fine but then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by redart, Jul 31, 2017.

1. redart Win User

2 tries to wake up laptop

After the latest upgrade to Windows 10 Creators, my trusty T500 Thinkpad has (re-)developed an issue with waking from sleep.

It wakes fine but then goes back to sleep almost immediately. On the second attempt it wakes properly and stays awake. Video attached - apologies for poor quality. [youtube]luK8ZZWnKfs[/youtube]

Had the same issue when Win10 first came out and I upgraded from Win7. Managed to eventually fix that problem but can't recall what I did at the time. Power settings are for sleep only, no hibernate. The event log shows :-

2 tries to wake up laptop [​IMG]

Anyone else having this issue?.

:)

redart, Jul 31, 2017

2. Laptop tries to wake from sleep while lid is closed.

Hi Taylor,

Sorry for the delay in response and inconvenience caused.

I would also suggest you to do a clean boot and check if any third party apps are causing the issue.
    Placing the computer in a clean boot state can reduce software conflicts and help identify the root cause of the issue.

Please refer the link below for clean booting steps:

Placing your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Disclaimer: Once you are done with the troubleshooting, perform the steps in "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot "to reset computer as usual.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Jul 31, 2017
  3. Laptop tries to wake from sleep while lid is closed.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I will definitely help you with the issue but let me ask you some question to gather more information:

1) Since when are you facing the issue?

2) Have you made any changes prior to this issue?

Meanwhile try the method below and see if it helps:

Power troubleshooter

The issue might have caused due to issues with power management.

The power troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix any incorrect power settings. Refer to these steps to run this troubleshooter:

1. Select search and type Troubleshooting.

2. Click on Troubleshooting and select the view
    all option on the left pane.

3. Click on Power troubleshooter and follow the prompts.

Hope this helps.

If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Jul 31, 2017
  4. redart Win User

As a side-note I have a second Thinkpad (T410s) which has now also gone through the enforced Creators upgrade. It wakes up OK. Anyone have any suggestions for why this might be happening or what I can try in the way of troubleshooting ?

redart, Aug 4, 2017
Thema:

1. 2 tries to wake up laptop - Similar Threads - tries wake laptop

2. Laptop restarts when I try to wake it up after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop restarts when I try to wake it up after sleep: I have an HP ProBook 450 G0 and for a while I've been unable to wake it up after sleep since it just restarts when I try. I'm pretty sure I've updated all of my drivers. Anyone know what the cause for that might be?...
  3. Laptop restarts when I try to wake it up after sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop restarts when I try to wake it up after sleep: I have an HP ProBook 450 G0 and for a while I've been unable to wake it up after sleep since it just restarts when I try. I'm pretty sure I've updated all of my drivers. Anyone know what the cause for that might be?...
  4. Waking up my laptops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Waking up my laptops: Hello,When I go to Device Manager > USB port and try to turn on the ability for my wireless mouse/keyboard to turn on the laptop, this option is grayed out and unavailable. Is this a security issue? It's a pain to have to open the laptop and turn it on each time rather than...
  5. Waking up my laptops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Waking up my laptops: Hello,When I go to Device Manager > USB port and try to turn on the ability for my wireless mouse/keyboard to turn on the laptop, this option is grayed out and unavailable. Is this a security issue? It's a pain to have to open the laptop and turn it on each time rather than...
  6. Wake up laptop with mouse

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wake up laptop with mouse: Im using a HP Zbook laptop and a logitech MX master 3 mouse, I cannot get the mouse to waken the laptop, anyone offer any help please? 183555
  7. Wake up laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wake up laptop: Hi all, I have a Xiaomi mi Notebook pro (i7/16gb) and I was wondering if i could turn on the laptop (with a closed lit) by plugging in a usb c hub. I am trying to do it by using WOL (wake up on lan) but I just want to power it on by plugging it in and without using another...
  8. MS Laptop 2 not waking up after a night of sleeping

MS Laptop 2 not waking up after a night of sleeping: I have a Surface Laptop 2 (i5/8Gb/256Gb) and it's working fine until I go to sleep and close it down for an extended period of time. In the morning (in 8-10 hours) I put up the screen and it's not reacting, so I should press the Power button. MS logo turns up and computer...
  9. Surface Book 2 Wake-up

Surface Book 2 Wake-up: My Surface book started deep sleep problem. Solved by unplugging my 25" HP monitor - TaDaa! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-book-2-wake-up/65001748-2d86-44e9-a47b-678b7cb620ea"
  10. Laptop Crashes sometimes while trying to wake up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Crashes sometimes while trying to wake up: I bought this laptop 2 weeks ago, it is a HP Pavillion Notebook. For about a week now, maybe even since when I got it, the laptop sometimes fails to wake up from sleep. The screen stays black, gets slightly lit up to gray, then the computer and goes through all that comes...