Windows 10: 2 tries to wake up laptop

Discus and support 2 tries to wake up laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After the latest upgrade to Windows 10 Creators, my trusty T500 Thinkpad has (re-)developed an issue with waking from sleep. It wakes fine but then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by redart, Jul 31, 2017.

1. redart Win User

2 tries to wake up laptop

After the latest upgrade to Windows 10 Creators, my trusty T500 Thinkpad has (re-)developed an issue with waking from sleep.

It wakes fine but then goes back to sleep almost immediately. On the second attempt it wakes properly and stays awake. Video attached - apologies for poor quality. [youtube]luK8ZZWnKfs[/youtube]

Had the same issue when Win10 first came out and I upgraded from Win7. Managed to eventually fix that problem but can't recall what I did at the time. Power settings are for sleep only, no hibernate. The event log shows :-

2 tries to wake up laptop [​IMG]

Anyone else having this issue?.

:)

redart, Jul 31, 2017

2. Laptop tries to wake from sleep while lid is closed.

Hi Taylor,

Sorry for the delay in response and inconvenience caused.

I would also suggest you to do a clean boot and check if any third party apps are causing the issue.
    Placing the computer in a clean boot state can reduce software conflicts and help identify the root cause of the issue.

Please refer the link below for clean booting steps:

Placing your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Disclaimer: Once you are done with the troubleshooting, perform the steps in "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot "to reset computer as usual.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Jul 31, 2017
  3. Laptop tries to wake from sleep while lid is closed.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I will definitely help you with the issue but let me ask you some question to gather more information:

1) Since when are you facing the issue?

2) Have you made any changes prior to this issue?

Meanwhile try the method below and see if it helps:

Power troubleshooter

The issue might have caused due to issues with power management.

The power troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix any incorrect power settings. Refer to these steps to run this troubleshooter:

1. Select search and type Troubleshooting.

2. Click on Troubleshooting and select the view
    all option on the left pane.

3. Click on Power troubleshooter and follow the prompts.

Hope this helps.

If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Jul 31, 2017
  4. redart Win User

As a side-note I have a second Thinkpad (T410s) which has now also gone through the enforced Creators upgrade. It wakes up OK. Anyone have any suggestions for why this might be happening or what I can try in the way of troubleshooting ?

redart, Aug 4, 2017
Thema:

1. 2 tries to wake up laptop - Similar Threads - tries wake laptop

2. Where are the settings for waking up my laptop?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Where are the settings for waking up my laptop?: I have Windows 10. When my laptop goes to sleep, the only way to wake it up is with the power button. Is there a setting to wake it up with my mouse or hitting keys?...
  3. Laptop is on, but the screen can't wake up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop is on, but the screen can't wake up: Hi, The screen on my laptop Fujitsu Lifebook U904 suddenly turned black when I took it off the docking. For a while, I could use an extern display to see the screen of the laptop. I tried to find out of it searching around on the internet and came over advice to go into the...
  4. external devices wake up my laptop

external devices wake up my laptop: My laptop wake up every day at 3:00 a.m , although i have set it up the windows’10 maintentance at 9:00 p.m.So I found out that occurs to the connecting external devices.WD my passport and usb stick of my mouce.I noticed that the problem...
  5. MS Laptop 2 not waking up after a night of sleeping

MS Laptop 2 not waking up after a night of sleeping: I have a Surface Laptop 2 (i5/8Gb/256Gb) and it's working fine until I go to sleep and close it down for an extended period of time. In the morning (in 8-10 hours) I put up the screen and it's not reacting, so I should press the Power button. MS logo turns up and computer...
  6. Surface Book 2 Wake-up

Surface Book 2 Wake-up: My Surface book started deep sleep problem. Solved by unplugging my 25" HP monitor - TaDaa! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-book-2-wake-up/65001748-2d86-44e9-a47b-678b7cb620ea"
  7. Laptop Crashes sometimes while trying to wake up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Crashes sometimes while trying to wake up: I bought this laptop 2 weeks ago, it is a HP Pavillion Notebook. For about a week now, maybe even since when I got it, the laptop sometimes fails to wake up from sleep. The screen stays black, gets slightly lit up to gray, then the computer and goes through all that comes...
  8. Wake Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Wake Up: How do I wake up Windows 10 if it goes into Hibernate or sleep after a period of in activity*Zip 41209
  9. Using Mouse to Wake up Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Using Mouse to Wake up Laptop: I am using Windows 10 and would like to use my mouse to wake it up when in sleep mode It would be appreciated if someone can kindly assist me 41520
  10. Laptop reboots after trying to wake it from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop reboots after trying to wake it from sleep: I have a huge problem with my ASUS laptop ( ROG G501JW ). I had unrelated problems with Windows 10 most likely caused by malware infection that had me use "Reset PC" option that basically performs fresh Windows 10 installation as far as settings go. After performing it I...