Windows 10: 2 User names on logon screen all of a sudden

Discus and support 2 User names on logon screen all of a sudden in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I just recently reinstalled Windows 10 Pro from scratch 2 days ago. All of a sudden I noticed yesterday evening I have 2 usernames on the logon screen.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by SageCA, Aug 23, 2015.

1. SageCA Win User

2 User names on logon screen all of a sudden

I just recently reinstalled Windows 10 Pro from scratch 2 days ago. All of a sudden I noticed yesterday evening I have 2 usernames on the logon screen. It normally boots directly into Windows (I turn off requiring password on NETPLWIZ screen). But now it comes up with Invalid User Name and/or Password. After I clear the error, it presents me with 2 usernames to logon with:

Stuart Moroz (this one has no options below where you type the password)
    (stmoroz@msn.com)

and

Stuart Moroz (this one has 2 options, local or MS Account. This one I think is the one that got added somehow)

How did I end up with 2? and how do I get it to boot directly into Windows again? Thanks for any/all assistance.

:)

SageCA, Aug 23, 2015

2. Windows 10 Logon Screen

My Logon Screen in Windows 10 shows the following:

User Name 1

User Name 2

User Name 3

User Name 4

User Name 5

Password

Password

Password

Password

Password

where "User Names" are the people who have profiles on the machine. It actually says "Password" once for each user. The Control Panel verifies the 5 users listed on the screen. How do I get rid of "Password?"

TimothyApessos, Aug 23, 2015
  3. bigburn2 Win User
    different logon screen for different users windows 10

I have windows 10 with two users with one user the logon screen (the screen displaying user name and asks for password) one user has a static screen so that every time you logon you get the same screen the other changes every time I logon. How can I change
    it sp that both have different images when ever I logon ?

bigburn2, Aug 23, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Sage, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

It sounds like you may not have entered the password correctly when setting up netplwiz to have Windows sign in to the account automatically at startup.

Start over with netplwiz to select the account and enter the password again to see if that may sort this for you.

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup

Brink, Aug 23, 2015
  5. SageCA Win User
    Yeah, in NETPLWIZ I checked the box to require password and then unchecked it, retyped my password and now it logs in automatically, thanks.

SageCA, Aug 23, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. 2 User names on logon screen all of a sudden - Similar Threads - User names logon

2. Show all domain users in the logon screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Show all domain users in the logon screen: Hey!I have a Windows 10 PC that is part of a domain and has multiple Microsoft Entra ID accounts installed.How can I display all of those accounts in the Windows Logon screen?Right now it only shows the last account that logged in, but typing the email every time I need to...
  3. Show all domain users in the logon screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Show all domain users in the logon screen: Hey!I have a Windows 10 PC that is part of a domain and has multiple Microsoft Entra ID accounts installed.How can I display all of those accounts in the Windows Logon screen?Right now it only shows the last account that logged in, but typing the email every time I need to...
  4. Show all domain users in the logon screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Change logon screen user name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change logon screen user name: My Huawei Matebook D14 had a major problem fixed under warranty but involved reformat or replacement of SSD and reinstallation of Windows 10 Home. All OK now except that the user name is Huawei instead of my name. I would like to correct this. Presume that it needs editing of...
  6. 2-in-1 not rotating screen all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2-in-1 not rotating screen all of a sudden: Hello I need helps! I bought the Samsung Galaxy Book Flex and my screen was rotating automatically for the first few days and now it won't. I've checked drivers, auto-rotate is not locked, display settings are fine. Anyone have an idea what else I can troubleshoot? submitted...
  7. All user names not on Sign-In Screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All user names not on Sign-In Screen: Split from this thread. Hi can any one help me to solve this issue with my pc. I'm using windows 10 pro. On my pc welcome screen not showing multiple user name to log in. I added users as my family members in account sitting. But user name not display on welcome screen....
  8. Two identical user names on logon screen - why?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two identical user names on logon screen - why?: Noticed that I am not the only one facing this issue after a fresh install. One way or the other it will be solved, but I wonder why it is showing up in the first place? Somewhere along the setup there is a screen that says: "Who's going to use this PC? - What name do you...
  9. The user name or password is incorrect at logon screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    The user name or password is incorrect at logon screen: Hi, I've installed Ubuntu side by side with Windows 10. After selecting to boot windows from grub bootloader I get a logon screen with the message: [img] When I press enter the logon process goes as usual I enter my password and login. How can I disable this...
  10. Logon Screen shows 2 users but there is only 1 user

in Windows 10 Support
    Logon Screen shows 2 users but there is only 1 user: On a friends laptop which was given to him, on the startup/logon screen he sees 2 names. His own and the previous owner. He said he deleted the user account for the previous owner and if I go to users, it only shows him as the sole user as administrator. If I use the...