Windows 10: 2 weeks old Win10 PC getting a yellow exclamation error then BSOD

Discus and support 2 weeks old Win10 PC getting a yellow exclamation error then BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer was updated 2 weeks ago with no problems So far this has happened twice a get a yellow exclamation mark on the task bar when I click it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FSNWRMH, Sep 21, 2015.

1. FSNWRMH Win User

2 weeks old Win10 PC getting a yellow exclamation error then BSOD

My computer was updated 2 weeks ago with no problems
    So far this has happened twice a get a yellow exclamation mark on the task bar when I click it to see what is wrong I get a grey lit screen with the mouse only responding
    no other way makes PC respond other than restarting using power off . I have done scannow and got some corrupt files .Other than that I don't have any error code to go off since whenever I click the exclamation my pc becomes unresponsive and both the times I was away from my pc so I don't know really what happened . Can anyone please help me . I have uploaded the files needed. Thanks alot

:)

FSNWRMH, Sep 21, 2015

2. Non Nokia CA-42 cable

Thanks Manta

How do i check if the pc sees the cable, should it see it even before i connect a phone? if i look in device manager i get a yellow question mark beside 'other devices'and under that a yellow question mark with an exclamation mark against usb - serial controller
    C, these both appear as soon as i connect the cable to the phone

Any advise welcome as this has now taken several hours, 2 phones and 3 pc's to try to get to work

Thanks

paulprior---01, Sep 21, 2015
  3. Error message "there are no more files"

I cannot "print screen" but I am getting same error message...a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in it and text that says: There are no more files. This has been happening for about a week or so for me. I have read other comments and suggestions
    and have tried to "uninstall" ASUS Data Security Manager. I keep restarting and then going back to see if program was uninstalled, but it is still there.

DottieWalls, Sep 21, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi FSNWRMH,

Welcome to the 10forums.

I see you have KMSpico and KMSnano.
    I assume you have used them for activating Office and Windows without license?

5. FSNWRMH Win User
    yes I have used them before but now my office is not active . is this causing the problem. I will remove them now and see. my windows is a registered copy

FSNWRMH, Sep 21, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Please remove KMSpico and KMSnano and the programs that have been activated with these programs.
    Further,
    Please check {windows partition}\windows\minidump and check if there are any dump files saved.
    The zip is empty of dump files.
    Please make sure your pc is configured for small dump files How to configure minidump | Windows 10 tutorial

7. FSNWRMH Win User
    I have removed those programs. I have done the configurations but there is no minidump folder in the windows folder. Thanks for your help

FSNWRMH, Sep 21, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

Windows should make that folder automatically when you have a BSOD.
    Please create a new folder, name it Minidump and set the configuration for small dumps.
    When you have a new bluescreen, there should be a minidump saved in the Minidump folder each time there is a bluescreen.

9. FSNWRMH Win User
    it wasn't actually a screen of death just the screen went grey as soon as I clicked the yellow exclamation and became unresponsive. I will create the file and watch out if it happens again. is there anything else I should do in the mean time. Thanks a lot for your efforts

FSNWRMH, Sep 22, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
    According to the title of the thread you had a BSOD?

11. FSNWRMH Win User
    yes sorry don't know how to explain it was black the light was there on the pc. the pc was unresponsive no error code nothing once I could access my mouse if I replugged it. other than that couldn't use alt tab or ctrl alt del to do anything. I have made the changes to create a minidump and removed the programs ill see if they reappear and then upload a minidump file. is there anything else I can do for now like upload anything else? thanks a lot

FSNWRMH, Sep 22, 2015
  12. axe0 New Member
    Your issue is more performance related, but lets see if removing the programs helps.

13. FSNWRMH Win User

ok ill just watch out for another reoccurrence and see if a mini dump file is created. thanks a lot for your time and help

FSNWRMH, Sep 22, 2015
  14. axe0 New Member
    There won't be a dump file created if you don't see a screen like below
    Attachment 38940

15. FSNWRMH Win User
    ok I didn't get any screen like that just the yellow exclamation on the task bar and when I click that the pc goes dead. any idea what that could be ?

FSNWRMH, Sep 22, 2015
Thema:

1. 2 weeks old Win10 PC getting a yellow exclamation error then BSOD - Similar Threads - weeks old Win10

2. YELLOW EXCLAMATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    YELLOW EXCLAMATION: hello.from.yesterday appears a YELLOW EXCLAMATION in win defender. I do not what it is https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yellow-exclamation/85b0ab30-0d84-46af-879c-8e4bd320168a
  3. YELLOW EXCLAMATION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    YELLOW EXCLAMATION: hello.from.yesterday appears a YELLOW EXCLAMATION in win defender. I do not what it is https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yellow-exclamation/85b0ab30-0d84-46af-879c-8e4bd320168a
  4. Windows Defender Yellow Exclamation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Yellow Exclamation: The Windows Defender notification icon has the yellow exclamation mark. But, for the life of me I can't find anything wrong. And, of course, Windows doesn't elaborate. Any ideas, James...
  5. Getting a BSOD error on a 2 week old desktop WinDBG suggests something wrong with rtwlanu.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting a BSOD error on a 2 week old desktop WinDBG suggests something wrong with rtwlanu.sys: My 2-week old desktop showed me a BSOD error today while I was browsing the web. Happened 2 times in quick succession. Ran the minidump file on WinDBG and it spat out rtwlanu.sys What should be my next step? Is this surely the fault of the network driver or can it...
  6. I get a yellow exclamation over my network icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I get a yellow exclamation over my network icon: So ive had this issue for quite some time and its really been a frustrating few months and nothing is working. What will happen if my laptop with windows 10 on it will very frequently decide to stop using internet. At this point it shows a yellow icon over my Wifi icon. Ive...
  7. Week old pc. Daily BSOD

Week old pc. Daily BSOD: Hey, I've bought a pc built for me and on the second day it started to experience bsod's. Mostly during gaming but also a few times during youtube or browsing. I've also had freezes where i'm forced to restart my pc. So far i've only tried to uninstall latest gpu drivers and...
  8. yellow exclamation mark device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    yellow exclamation mark device manager: I installed 1903 win 10 home now in device manager pci other device has yellow mark I have already installed chipset software it was not there in 1809 version 140644
  9. 2 BSOD's in 2 weeks

2 BSOD's in 2 weeks: Installed W10 Pro on a freshly built system in January. In July, I got 2 BSODs. Can someone assist me with figuring out what happened and how to resolve it? 1. POOL_CORRUPTION_IN_FILE_AREA. I got this when I was doing drive cleanup. Bug Check String :...
  10. Yellow exclamation mark on wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Yellow exclamation mark on wifi: Hello, From past 2 days i got yellow exclamation mark on wifi (saying no internet access). I have changed wifi dongle. But problem remains same. I tried everything like resetting network adaptor , some command on command prompt, repair windows with iso file, and at last i do...