Windows 10: 2 Win10 comps running same progm, UAC popup on one but not other?!

Discus and support 2 Win10 comps running same progm, UAC popup on one but not other?! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have 2 desktops with 64-bit Windows 10 Home installed. On both computers, the UAC settings are the same -- the highest setting (always notify when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by turtles, Jun 22, 2016.

1. turtles Win User

2 Win10 comps running same progm, UAC popup on one but not other?!

I have 2 desktops with 64-bit Windows 10 Home installed. On both computers, the UAC settings are the same -- the highest setting (always notify when apps try to install stuff or when I make changes). On both computers, I install the same program (FujiXerox Docuworks 8.05) from the same CD with the same licence number (because that licence works for 5 computers).

On one computer (let's call it CompA), the Docuworks Viewer (dwviewer.exe) runs without needing admin rights, while on the other computer (let's call it CompB), that same program (dwviewer.exe) requires admin rights.

Strangely, when I copy that program (dwviewer.exe !) to another folder on CompB, the UAC requirement to run the program is dropped. In another folder, there is no UAC popup when I run that program -- it opens directly without asking for the admin password.

e.g.
    on CompA, the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Fuji Xerox\DocuWorks\bin\dwviewer.exe" does not require an admin password to run.
    on CompB, the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Fuji Xerox\DocuWorks\bin\dwviewer.exe" requires an admin password to run.
    on CompB, the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Fuji Xerox\DocuWorks\dwviewer.exe" does not require an admin password to run.

I do not understand why this is so or how to troubleshoot this at this moment.

What I know is that when I open a file from within Docuworks Desk (dwdesk.exe), it will require "C:\Program Files (x86)\Fuji Xerox\DocuWorks\bin\dwviewer.exe" to run, and on CompB, that means I get a UAC popup.

I want to fix the current situation so that I do not need CompB users to key in the admin password each time they want to run "dwviewer.exe" from clicking files within "dwdesk.exe".

Please help. I would appreciate it very much.

:)

turtles, Jun 22, 2016

2. Forced shutdowns and restaring over when using Flash Player game

This happens after the latest patch installed. I have 2 comps using win10 but one is 32bit and another is 64bit. Both had the same problems after the patch, but after 2 days the one running in 64 bits now back to normal, however the one running win10 32bit
    still have the problem.

My graphic drivers are up to date.

BudimanAliasim, Jun 22, 2016
  3. curly1959 Win User
    4 computers, 2 active networks?

ok, I hope I can explain this. I have 4 computers that I am trying to network/homegroup. I feel I have tried everything. Unjoining and closing down all of them then turning on one at a time and trying to network them. But upon further investigation I think
    it is a netowrk issue and don't know how to fix. Here is what I have:

Comp1 = Win10, shows active network "Network 2 private network"

comp 2 = Win10, shows active network "Network 3 private network"

comp 3 = Win10, shows active network "Network 3 private network"

comp 4 Win 7 Ultimate, shows active network "Network 2 home network"

all comps are Ethernet wired.

I have tried google search, but come up with nothing close to my situation.

Any help would be appreciated.

Oh, I run a netgear router R7000 with a dlink switch, and a time warner modem.

curly1959, Jun 22, 2016
Thema:

2 Win10 comps running same progm, UAC popup on one but not other?!

1. 2 Win10 comps running same progm, UAC popup on one but not other?! - Similar Threads - Win10 comps running

2. Multiple Comps with the same account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple Comps with the same account.: I have been using the same Microsoft 10 account on my Desktop Comp, and two Laptops. I have someone who wants to use my one laptop, but my question is, if this person deletes the account on the one like completely gets rid of my account on the one laptop, will it remain on...
  3. Running same account on 2 computers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Running same account on 2 computers: I have a windows laptop which is linked to my microsoft account. The windows activation status says it is activated through my account. I am planning to buy a Surface Pro and give this laptop to my younger brother. Before that I want to remove my account from this laptop so...
  4. Win10 doesn't run, but with same HDD on other PC it does

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 doesn't run, but with same HDD on other PC it does: Hey together, so my problem is the following: My PC (the one I've listed under specs) has Windows 7 running on an SSD. My father has the exact same PC specs, just his GPU is a GTX 560 and he's got no SSD, but had Win7 running on a 1TB HDD. Now my father asked me to upgrade...
  5. UAC Popup window for Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    UAC Popup window for Microsoft Store: Hi, I wondered if it possible to enable UAC for Microsoft Store. I want users in my organization to access the store and click Install, but will have to enter Administrative privilege. I did a test - i logged in with a simple user and i managed to download Instagram app....
  6. Not seeing other comps on LAN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not seeing other comps on LAN: I've set up a new comp on home network and would like to share files. It can see one other (of 3) and all of them can see it. How can I get the others added under Network? Is it beacuse it can't see them, or because they're not letting themselves be seen ? Thanks for any...
  7. Run 2 VPN's at Same Time?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Run 2 VPN's at Same Time?: Hello again, guys. I'm wondering if running 2 VPN apps at the same time is acceptable or beneficial. I'm using the Opera browser, which has its own built-in VPN, plus I also have Tunnel Bear VPN installed, but not running at same time with Opera. I reserve Tunnel Bear for...
  8. UAC popups even when uac is disabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC popups even when uac is disabled: As always the first thing i do on a windows installation is disable that damn UAC, i don't need windows to add another popup "are you sure you want to run this" when i myself click on an executable to run it. Now, for some weird reason on Windows 10, even with uac disabled it...
  9. I can install Windows 10 on 2 comps with one license?

in Windows 10 Support
    I can install Windows 10 on 2 comps with one license?: I just bought one license, burned it to a disk and installed it on a new Firecuda drive. Just for the heck of it, today I wiped the drive on my other smaller desktop and installed it without entering a license. They both work fine, but I thought it was only good for one...
  10. .exe popup on my win 10 comp

in Windows 10 Support
    .exe popup on my win 10 comp: To whom it may concern I'm having thin .exe error popping up on my comp really frequently...... can I get some advice on how to get rid of it? thanks in advance 28520