Windows 10: 2 Windows 10 Installs, 2 Hard Drives, 1 PC

Discus and support 2 Windows 10 Installs, 2 Hard Drives, 1 PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I'm sure this is easy and obvious but I can't find an easy guide of what I need to do. Basically my current set up is a Win 10 PC with the OS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Matt777NX, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Matt777NX Win User

2 Windows 10 Installs, 2 Hard Drives, 1 PC

Hi,

I'm sure this is easy and obvious but I can't find an easy guide of what I need to do.

Basically my current set up is a Win 10 PC with the OS on an SSD, another SSD and a HDD. I want to add another HDD with a new Win 10 Licence so I can have the option of which to boot off on start up. I know I need to buy a new Win10 licence so I just want to understand how to do it.

Is it a simple case of creating a bootable Win10 media with my new licence, disconnecting my current OS SSD and installing and then reconnecting? There's got to be more to it than that, surely? Will I have to change the boot order every time I boot up? Do I have to spend money on something like Easy BCD?

I suspect my motherboard might be relevant so it a Gigabyte Z97P-D3.

Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated and unfortunately using a separate user account with a single Win 10 install isn't suitable for, admittedly, petty reasons.

Thanks

:)

Matt777NX, Aug 10, 2018

2. Samsung M3 portable hard drive not getting recognised on Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for your response with the current status of the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information

• Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the external hard drive on the computer?
    • Are you logged into the Administrator Account while assigning the driver letter to the external hard drive?

I recommend you to follow the steps below to update all the pending Windows updates and also try to reinstall the hard drive driver in the Device Manager. Check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update all the pending Windows updates in the computer and check if it helps.

1. Click on Start Menu.

2. Then select Settings.

3. Choose Update & security >
    Windows Update
    >Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Step 2: I recommend you to uninstall and reinstall the Hard drive as suggested in the previous post. Also you can run Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

Step 3: Then try to boot the computer in safe mode and check if the hard drive is getting recgonized in it or not.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Please get back to us with an update on issue in connecting External hard drive into Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 10, 2018
  3. KainXS Win User
    2 hard drives vs 1

I got asked a weird question by someone I know, are two hard drives better than one large hard drive, i really don't know if the difference can be seen because I have 2 hard drives so. . . . . . *Wtf :wtf:

I have a 75GB raptor and a 400GB ide but i've never thought of that before, the lady who asked me said she was going to buy a new pc and does alot of work editing videos and had the choice of a pc with 2 sata hard drives or 1

what do you guys think

KainXS, Aug 10, 2018
  4. 2 Windows 10 Installs, 2 Hard Drives, 1 PC

Windows 10 won't boot with another hard drive

Hi Bobby,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide details.

1) On which hard drive, you are trying to install Windows 10?

2) What is the size of the drive, where you are trying to install Windows 10?

I would suggest you to perform Check Disk on your hard drive and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the below commands.

Cskdsk [drive letter]: /f /r

Reply to us with the status of your issue, we will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

2 Windows 10 Installs, 2 Hard Drives, 1 PC

1. 2 Windows 10 Installs, 2 Hard Drives, 1 PC - Similar Threads - Installs Hard Drives

2. transfering all files from 2 hard drives to 1 hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    transfering all files from 2 hard drives to 1 hard drive: the C-Drive is the one i have windows installed onmy current pc has 2 hard drives and the pc i am about to get has only one.a bunch of programs have the program installed on the D-Drive while the config/save files are on the C-Drive.because copying everything takes for ever...
  3. Only 1/2 of my hard drive is available

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Only 1/2 of my hard drive is available: I upgraded my gaming PC's hardware and software. I add (2) 500GB disks from a system I wasn't using anymore. One disk was a Windows10 x32 system disk and had 4 partitions , one partition was 'Reserved'. I deleted all the partitions but when I was done I only show 298GBs...
  4. How to image 2 hard drives with raid 1

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to image 2 hard drives with raid 1: I am replacing old hard drives before they go bad. Hard drives are 8 years old. I have made many single hard drive images with macrium reflect but never with 2 drives and raid 1. Wanted to get some input on how to do it or point me in the right direction to find out how....
  5. 1 PC 2× Windows?

1 PC 2× Windows?: Hey, I have a new PC on which I have reinstalled everything (Windows, new key). Now I want to drag some data from my old Hdd to my new one. My question is what happens when I connect the old harddisk, will there be any problems because Windows is installed on both? 1 PC...
  6. Installing 2 windows 10 on 1 laptop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing 2 windows 10 on 1 laptop.: I have purchased a laptop with windows 10 home preinstalled, and have been using it since a year. Recently I purchased a new windows 10 enterprise license and received a new product key for it. So the question is if I uninstall my current win 10 home, and install enterprise....
  7. 2 Drives now 1!

2 Drives now 1!: I have 2 identical 500GB drives. They showed up as 2 separate drives until recently. Now the second drive is showing up as part of my C: drive. What did I do and how can I get it back to show as 2 drives? The second drive shows up as "Healthy Recovery Partition" in Disk...
  8. windows 10 2 drive letters for 1 drive

windows 10 2 drive letters for 1 drive: I upgraded my computer a LOT. AMD Threadripper 1950x with msi x399 board. 16g memory. GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1650 NEW PROBLEM My E: drive, an old 1T Seagate has a twin drive, F:, showing in My Computer. It is ALMOST exactly the same as the E:. FreeFileSync shows just a few...
  9. 2 active hard drives with only 1 working windows installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2 active hard drives with only 1 working windows installation: After a SSD drive with my W10 installation dying on me I had to reinstall everything. After installing the new drive and working through the installation I now get a selection with to instances of W10 on every boot. I must select either "Windows 10 on drive 1" or simply...
  10. RAID 1 Recognized as 2 Hard Drives

RAID 1 Recognized as 2 Hard Drives: My custom build is now about a year old. Whe n I first set it up, I configured hardware RAID 1 and the fresh windows install worked perfect. Now after a few upgrades the drives are not seen as a RAID anymore but 1 separate drives. Funny thing is when I mounted on a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 2 windows installs one pc

2. msi board installs win 10 on 2 hdds

3. two hard drives with windows installs