Windows 10: 2 Windows Defender notification icons running at startup?

Discus and support 2 Windows Defender notification icons running at startup? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello-, This is a fairly new PC and i'm not sure if I ever noticed this before but anyone know or see this before? 2 Windows Defender instances... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by 22Green, Jun 17, 2018.

1. 22Green Win User

2 Windows Defender notification icons running at startup?

Hello-,

This is a fairly new PC and i'm not sure if I ever noticed this before but anyone know or see this before? 2 Windows Defender instances running at startup?

I installed Emsisoft about a month ago I don't believe that wouldn't have anything to do with it. I only have one Defender icon running also...

If I right click on either entry they both point to this file same location: MSASCuiL

Thanks

:)

22Green, Jun 17, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Jun 18, 2018
  3. Razz Win User
    Windows Defender wants to run at startup

Upon further investigation, I notice that what's in the startup is the Windows Defender Notification Icon (MSASCuil.exe).

What I'm still not clear on is what's stated within the highlighted bit on the top image below.

The bottom image shows the Windows Defender Notification Icon (MSASCuil.exe) within the Startup.

2 Windows Defender notification icons running at startup? [​IMG]

2 Windows Defender notification icons running at startup? [​IMG]

4. Naki Win User

GPU-Z Program Icon Submission

Suggestion to have an option to change Notification Area icon this way too.
    Suggestion to finally have proper separate Options window like most (all?) Windows programs do.

Thema:

1. 2 Windows Defender notification icons running at startup? - Similar Threads - Defender notification icons

2. Windows Defender Security Notification Icon missing?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Security Notification Icon missing?: I noticed that my Windows Defender Security Icon is missing from the system tray on the taskbar for the past few months. Havent installed any other antivirus. What Ive checked:Task manager startup: Windows Defender Security Notification Icon enabledTaskbar "choose what icons...
  3. Windows Defender Security Notification Icon missing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Security Notification Icon missing?: I noticed that my Windows Defender Security Icon is missing from the system tray on the taskbar for the past few months. Havent installed any other antivirus. What Ive checked:Task manager startup: Windows Defender Security Notification Icon enabledTaskbar "choose what icons...
  4. Windows Defender Security Notification Icon missing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Security Notification Icon missing?: I noticed that my Windows Defender Security Icon is missing from the system tray on the taskbar for the past few months. Havent installed any other antivirus. What Ive checked:Task manager startup: enabledTaskbar "choose what icons appear": Windows defender security...
  5. windows defender different notification icons

windows defender different notification icons: i have always seen the windows defender shield icon when i download stuff that i know isn't malware but today i tried to download something and it gave me a defender notification that looked like a pit bull in front of a laptop and i cant find anything about it i remember...
  6. Defender notification icon removed from the startup apps and icon not showing in the taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender notification icon removed from the startup apps and icon not showing in the taskbar.: I installed the update KB5010342 yesterday on my windows 10, 21H2. After that, defender icon notification is removed from the startup apps and as well as from the taskbar. Please help!!...
  7. Defender notification icon removed from the startup apps and icon not showing in the taskbar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender notification icon removed from the startup apps and icon not showing in the taskbar.: I installed the update KB5010342 yesterday on my windows 10, 21H2. After that, defender icon notification is removed from the startup apps and as well as from the taskbar. Please help!!...
  8. Defender notification icon removed from the startup apps and icon not showing in the taskbar.

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Windows Defender wants to run at startup

Windows Defender wants to run at startup: Since a very recent reinstall of Windows 10, Windows Defender now keeps wanting to be part of Start-up..In the past it seems to me that it was only activated if your anti-virus protection was off or if none was installed. Now it seems as if the intention of Windows Defender...
  10. Windows Defender notification area icon

Windows Defender notification area icon: I like to see the Windows Defender notification area icon, so I've set my PC to show that item. However, is there a way to turn off the exclamation point item in that icon that says I haven't run a scan in a while? My last scan was 4 days ago and I don't want to be hounded to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender notification icon startup

2. windows security notification icon startup

3. windows defender notification icon in startup

4. both msascuil and windows defender notification icon in startup,
  5. windows security notification icon at startup,
  6. windows security notification startup,
  7. 2 windows defender notification in startup,
  8. windows defender notification icon startup multiple entries,
  9. why do i have 2 window defender notification icons opened,
  10. why are there two windows defender notification icons in the start up,
  11. windows defender start up notification,
  12. Windows Defender notification icon in startup twice,
  13. MSASCuiL.exe Windows Defender notification icon,
  14. windows defender notification icon two,
  15. Why would I have two Windows Defender notification icons in my Startup Manager?