Windows 10: 2007 Outlook prompts for password after yahoo change password

Discus and support 2007 Outlook prompts for password after yahoo change password in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello, I just changed my Yahoo email password, and signed in via IE and works fine. Then I went into my Outlook 2007 Yahoo email account and changed... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by imk, Sep 22, 2016.

1. IMK
    imk Win User

2007 Outlook prompts for password after yahoo change password

Hello,
    I just changed my Yahoo email password, and signed in via IE and works fine.
    Then I went into my Outlook 2007 Yahoo email account and changed the password.
    However when I try to send/receive email from outlook on the Yahoo account it pops up requesting the password.
    I have removed the account and set it up again but problem is the same.
    Any ideas please?
    Many thanks

:)

2. My windows outlook email stop working today for my yahoo email

Today the email from yahoo stop updating twice.

I have been checking with the email for months with no issues.

Today the software at first it would close the program when I select the yahoo account.

I changed the password in outlook since the server has been using my network password and I enter the email account password and it started working.

The program changed to the network password and it stop working again.

The program does not let me change the password to the account password and the program keeps changing it back since it shuts down as soon as I select the yahoo account.

My Hotmail email works fine from outlook.

My yahoo email works fine on the yahoo site.

Where is my problem? On outlook? Or did yahoo change something in the login ? Or did att change something?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Luis A Gonzalez, Sep 22, 2016
  3. After changing password, Outlook 2010 Mail POP3 on my two laptops no longer can access Yahoo Mail account. Though web-based Outlook Mail works fine.

Thank you for your suggestions to help with the MS Outlook log-in issue.

Separate from the ideas presented previously, the issue was resolved here by using Yahoo's new Security password set-up procedure. These are new procedures, and they worked effortlessly. The procedures set up new passwords for each type of device being
    used with the single Yahoo email account via MS Outlook. Again, the passwords were different, depending on the type of device being used by the user to access the single Yahoo email account (via Outlook) (see below).

For instance, in my case, I have one Yahoo account, but several devices to access that one account. I was prompted to set up one password for use with the desktop/ laptop computers which use Outlook (program on the computers), and I was prompted again to
    set up another password for use with the account's web-based email. There are additional options, as well.

Problem solved.

Margr Murray, Sep 22, 2016
  4. IMK
    imk Win User

Call sky was a sky id synchronization problem.. Fixed

Thema:

1. 2007 Outlook prompts for password after yahoo change password - Similar Threads - 2007 Outlook prompts

2. outlook and emclient password prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    outlook and emclient password prompt: Hello everyone, Having got fed up with outlook driving me mad with the password prompt, I have downloaded emclient. I want this one now and it seems that emails are coming in but when I try to send, I get. An attempt to connect to your email address failed. This could be...
  3. Outlook not updating Yahoo password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Outlook not updating Yahoo password: I"ve chatted with Outlook support and Billing support and ended up being told to email support, which I did. No answer. I changed my Yahoo password in Yahoo. I can not change it in Outlook. This is not an app or Mail or 365. This is a bought and owned Outlook 2016. Any of the...
  4. Yahoo password change and login prompts

in Browsers and Email
    Yahoo password change and login prompts: I'm trying to help someone with an Iphone 8+. It all started with trying to send a webpage to email from Safari. It says you need to login to Yahoo before it can proceed. But Yahoo is already logged into. At the same time numerous unauthorized account key login confirmation...
  5. Windows 10 - Outlook 2007 Enter Network Password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Outlook 2007 Enter Network Password: I am running Windows 10 with Outlook 2007 for my emails. When I open my emails through Outlook I keep getting the Enter Network Password box pipping up. Even thought the password is entered and the save password box ticked it keeps recurring. I have found a solution...
  6. Outlook 2007 password problem

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2007 password problem: My Outlook 2007 regularly, but not always, asks me for the password even whilst it downloads or sends emails. I either cancel the pop up or accept and sometimes the pop up box goes away and at other times it stays. It does not seem to affect the send and receive but its a...
  7. Yahoo password

in Browsers and Email
    Yahoo password: I have tried to set up my yahoo email account on windows 10. Says the account is set up, but wont sync. When I go to account settings it has a different password. I have deleted the account and tried to start over, many times. Same results every time. Change my yahoo account...
  8. Outlook 2007 keeps prompting

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2007 keeps prompting: Hi there We have this Windows 10 machine. On this machine, we have a multiple profiles about 6 of them running on this Outlook 2007. On particular profile, the user kept prompting username and password even though we ticked the password. What we have done so far for...
  9. password in outlook in 2007

in Browsers and Email
    password in outlook in 2007: Yesterday I changed the password in Outlook 2007 for greater reliability, but forgot to check the option to save the password. Today, the whole day I can not remember it and do not know how to recover. Advise who knows some way? 51187
  10. Yahoo Password Change Question

in Browsers and Email
    Yahoo Password Change Question: Hey all. Im having issues logging into my primary gmail account as i posted this in my other thread. The thing is i have my account and password but apparently google doesn't let me in my account because the recovery email address i type is incorrect. I dont know how this is...