Windows 10: Create Indexing Options Shortcut in Windows 10

Discus and support Create Indexing Options Shortcut in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Create Indexing Options Shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create an Indexing Options Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information By default,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Create Indexing Options Shortcut in Windows 10

How to: Create Indexing Options Shortcut in Windows 10

How to Create an Indexing Options Shortcut in Windows 10

Create Indexing Options Shortcut in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information By default, Windows will use the file properties, and file contents you want indexed.

Indexing Options allows you to make changes to all the search indexing settings in an easy to use UI.

This tutorial will show how to create or download a shortcut that opens Indexing Options in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:

EXAMPLE: Indexing Options

OPTION ONE [/i] To Download Indexing Options Shortcut
    1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .zip file below.
    Indexing_Options_shortcut.zip

Download
    2. Save the .zip file to your desktop.

3. Unblock the .zip file..

4. Open the .zip file, and extract (drag and drop) the shortcut to your desktop.

5. You can assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.

6. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .zip file if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Create Indexing Options Shortcut
    1. Right click or press and hold on an empty area on your desktop, and click/tap on New and Shortcut.

2. Copy and paste either location below into the location area, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshots below)
    *Arrow rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL srchadmin.dll

OR

*Arrow explorer shell:::{87D66A43-7B11-4A28-9811-C86EE395ACF7}

3. Type Indexing Options for the name, and click/tap on the Finish button. (see screenshot below)
    NOTE: You could name this shortcut anything you would like though.

4. Right click or press and hold on this new shortcut on your desktop, and click/tap on Properties.

5. Click/tap on the Shortcut tab, then click/tap on the Change Icon button. (see screenshot below)

6. In the line under "Look for icons in this file", copy and paste the location below, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    %SystemRoot%\System32\srchadmin.dll

7. Select the icon highlighted in blue above, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot above)
    NOTE: You could use any icon that you would like instead though.

8. Click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

9. You can assign a keyboard shortcut to it, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jan 24, 2018
  2. Drone Win User

Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

^ Not a problem *Smile Create Indexing Options Shortcut in Windows 10 :)

Some tips:

How To Delete Recovery Partition - Windows 10

How to Create a Password Reset Disk on Usb in Windows 10

How to Create a USB recovery drive in Windows 10

How to change the Windows 8/8.1/10 indexing options (advanced searching)?

win + r -> control.exe srchadmin.dll -> ok

Drone, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

Keyboard shortcuts to open programs:

Create a shortcut on the desktop to whatever program you want. Right click -> Properties and fill in the field there. Sadly the shortcut needs to remain on the desktop, but you can hide it.

Fun fact: If you had keyboard shortcuts for programs pinned to your Windows 7 start menu, those shortcuts still work when you update to Windows 10.

Frick, Oct 26, 2019
  4. NovatoN Win User

Windows 10 not displaying search results for indexed shortcuts in a folder.

Thanks Deepika,

I had tried running this troubleshooter before, but I've just run it again with "Files don't appear in search results" and "My problem isn't listed above" ticked, and it comes up with "Issue not present" against all potential issues, and "Troubleshooting
    couldn't identify the problem", even after troubleshooting as an administrator.

I'd be glad of any other suggestions please!

NovatoN, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Windows 10 not displaying search results for indexed shortcuts in a folder.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to search files on your computer, we will help you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the below troubleshooting steps and check:

Method 1: Run Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

If you're having problems locating specific files, folders, or other items on your computer, try using the Search and Indexing troubleshooter to fix the problem. It makes sure that the Windows Search service is running, and checks to see whether you
    have the correct permissions to search all the directories on your computer.

Follow the steps given below to run Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search box from the desktop.

• Select the Troubleshooting option.

• Select View All option and select the
      Search and Indexing

• Click on Next to perform the Search and Indexing troubleshooter and follow the steps.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Creating Shortcuts with Batch File

Threw a program together quick for you. It is attached with source in the other. Use it in place of your VBScript.

It supports:
    CreateShortcut [save shortcut] [path to run]
    CreateShortcut [save shortcut] [path to run] [icon index]
    CreateShortcut [save shortcut] [path to run] [icon file]
    CreateShortcut [save shortcut] [path to run] [icon file] [icon index]

If "icon index" is missing, it assumes 0. If "icon file" is missing it assumes "path to run." It doesn't presently support arguments to be added to the shortcut nor modifying the working directory (always assumes same directory as "path to run").

Requires .NET Framework 4.0 to run. Will run natively on 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Create Indexing Options Shortcut in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Create Indexing Options

2. Indexing options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Indexing options: how to reset the index settings back to factory default? In the modifying section, I have selected all the folders which give me more than the required results all the time. I am not asking how to rebuild it, but to reset only indexes. Please provide a solution. Try...
  3. CREATING SHORTCUTS IN WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    CREATING SHORTCUTS IN WINDOWS 10: WITH WINDOWS 8 AND PRIOR VERSIONS I HAVE ALWAYS ENJOYED CREATING A DESKTOP SHORT CUT FOR EASY ACCESS. I AM SEEKING ADVICE ON HOW TO CREATE THESE IN WINDOWS 10. I AM ABLE TO DO THIS WITH SOME WEBSITES BUT NOT ALL. QUITE OFTEN I END UP WITH THE CHOICE OF SAVING AS A...
  4. create shortcuts in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    create shortcuts in windows 10: I have a new harddrive and before could create shortcuts to save icons on desktop but this new hard drive will not let me do it and had windows 10 before. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-shortcuts-in-windows-10/9fc8aeae-3ece-406b-adcf-5ecbd3991e61"
  5. Windows 10 Indexing Options Drive Missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Indexing Options Drive Missing: I recently installed Windows 10 on a computer containing 3 internal and 8 external hard drives. Although all the drives show up in Disk Management and File Explorer, one of the internal drives isn't listed under "Indexing Options" so I can't get the files indexed. Since I...
  6. Indexing Options internals

in Windows 10 Support
    Indexing Options internals: Dear friends hallo, One day I noticed that the processes responsible for indexing were taking up too much process power. I noticed that this happened because I transferred my e-book collection to my PC. Windows was trying to index the contents of these massive pdf files....
  7. Create Connect shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Connect shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Connect shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Connect Wireless Display and Audio Devices shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can connect a wireless display or Bluetooth audio device to your PC. Miracast is a wireless...
  8. Create Search Shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Search Shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Search Shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Search Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows 10 offers you many ways to search for files. One way is in File Explorer. This tutorial will show you how to create or download a Search shortcut...
  9. Create Settings shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Settings shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Settings shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Settings shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information Most of the settings you'll want to change in Windows 10 are in Settings. Settings is organized into the separate System, Devices, Network & Internet,...
  10. Create Advanced Startup Options Shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Advanced Startup Options Shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Advanced Startup Options Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information Advanced startup includes the options below and more: Start recovery (aka: Windows RE or WinRE), troubleshooting, and diagnostic tools. Boot from a disk (ex: USB or DVD) or device (UEFI...