Windows 10: 24 Bit FLAC HQ music to 16 Bit for CD type player ??

Discus and support 24 Bit FLAC HQ music to 16 Bit for CD type player ?? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there I have a load of 48 bit high quality FLAC music files which I want to copy for some people who can only play on standard audio type... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, Sep 23, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

24 Bit FLAC HQ music to 16 Bit for CD type player ??

Hi there

I have a load of 48 bit high quality FLAC music files which I want to copy for some people who can only play on standard audio type equipment which means a Max of 16 bit CD quality audio. Any decent software around that can do this -- I know it can easily be done with studio grade software but I want something free and easy

(ITunes can do it but I loathe iTunes and wouldn't go near them for love nor money !!).

BTW if you use things like PLEX / amazon fire stick etc 48 bit music won't play - or won't be transcodable either in the server application. As for Blu tooth speakers -- well to any decent audiophile blu tooth is essentially a 4 letter word when talking about quality --wifi beats blu tooth hands down --not even oin the same UNIVERSE. Blu tooth OK for phones etc but tht's it. !!!!

BTW if you hve access to HQ speakers (and I mean really High quality ones) the 24 bit sound makes a HUGE difference - even with standard 16 bit CD sound which isn't too bad either. !!! However I do need to transcode some of my files to 16 bit so anybody whose got some decent software suggestions on this -- would be grateful.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Sep 23, 2016

2. Video playback freezes Windows 10

Yes, I was in this location. Here are the options I have:

P65-C1

- 16 bit, 32000 Hz (FM Radio Quality)

- 16 bit, 44100 Hz (CD Quality)

- 16 bit, 48000 Hz (DVD Quality)

- 24 bit, 44100 Hz (Studio Quality)

- 24 bit, 48000 Hz (Studio Quality)

SPEAKERS

- 16 bit, 44100 Hz

- 24 bit, 44100 Hz

- 16 bit, 48000 Hz

- 24 bit, 48000 Hz

HEADPHONES

- 2 channel, 16 bit, 44100 Hz

- 2 channel, 24 bit, 44100 Hz

- 2 channel, 16 bit, 48000 Hz

- 2 channel, 24 bit, 48000 Hz

Not sure if this is because of my drivers or hardware, but seems to me that it might be because of my hardware? But it seems clear from this help thread that the issue is with Windows 10.

toastedzen, Sep 23, 2016
  3. play FLACs from NAS

Thanks for the info, paulheu.

The Plex player option looks interesting. For several years I have been streaming from my FLAC music library on a PC at home to SlimDevices/Logitch Squeezebox players when I visit other people's houses. The uplink speed from my house isn't yet sufficient
    to reliably stream 96kHz/24-bit FLAC files (~3Mbps) so I have the server set to transcode on the fly to 320kbps MP3 for players on the Internet. For streaming to a mobile device or a remote hi-fi for this is perfectly acceptable, and I don't need to maintain
    a shadow music library in AAC or MP3 format. However, Plex seems to require you to sign up for a service in order to stream from your home to the Internet. Admittedly it looks like it's free, but why should you need to go through them at all to get at your
    own music?

The FLAC player seems to get mixed reviews, but most are positve. There's no mention of whether it will handle hi-res FLAC files as well as the standard 44.1kHz/16-bit ones, but assuming it does then it might do the job for me if they can update it to play
    from internal memory and the micro-SD card (at the moment it appears to only play from Skydrive). However, I like to keep the amount of third party software installed on my machines to an absolute minimum. I notice that this package seems to come from an
    outfit with no address or phone number and Russian connections, and that doesn't make me want to rush out and get it.

Since FLAC is the most popular lossless music format, and lossless is the future (or the present for a lot of people), wouldn't it be so much easier for everyone if Microsoft or Nokia just made the Lumias play FLAC straight out of the box?

I'll keep watching this thread...

moopig---01, Sep 23, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, any use?

24 Bit FLAC HQ music to 16 Bit for CD type player ?? [​IMG]

dalchina, Sep 23, 2016
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

thanks @dalchina

downloaded from the German site as other downlinks were riddled with "Installers" - other programs etc -- one has to be really careful these days getting the CORRECT program when using a lot of links !!!!

German site OK though (and you can install in English).

24 Bit FLAC HQ music to 16 Bit for CD type player ?? [​IMG]

I can see why people get all sorts of unintentional stuff installed on machines these days -- you need to be really careful before you actually click download !!!.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Sep 23, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Indeed... deception has never been so prevalent.

Its home page is indeed German, but you can of course try
    xmedia recode site:majorgeeks.com
    e.g.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. 24 Bit FLAC HQ music to 16 Bit for CD type player ?? - Similar Threads - Bit FLAC music

2. Unsupported 16-Bit Application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unsupported 16-Bit Application: For the last couple of weeks this message Unsupported 16-Bit Application \AppData\Local\Temp\ErrorReport.exe has been coming on my computer. Everytime I try to close it it only keeps on popping back up. How can I get rid of this popup once and for all?...
  3. Audio bit rate does not stay on 24 bit, it changes to 32 bit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio bit rate does not stay on 24 bit, it changes to 32 bit: hi, im using win 10, installed the driver for my audio interface m-audio m-track 2x2 and the audio bit rate does not stay in 24 bit 48000 but it changes automatically to 32 bit 48000my problem is that my mic does not work on 32 bit, audio output is finso how do i force...
  4. Audio bit rate does not stay on 24 bit, it changes to 32 bit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio bit rate does not stay on 24 bit, it changes to 32 bit: hi, im using win 10, installed the driver for my audio interface m-audio m-track 2x2 and the audio bit rate does not stay in 24 bit 48000 but it changes automatically to 32 bit 48000my problem is that my mic does not work on 32 bit, audio output is finso how do i force...
  5. Audio bit rate does not stay on 24 bit, it changes to 32 bit

6. Running 16 bit apps on 64 bit system.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Running 16 bit apps on 64 bit system.: Is it definitely possible, although the results are mixed. You just downloadthis VM made by Leecher1337 on github, run install.bat and restart. Try running your app again....
  7. 16 bit system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    16 bit system: Hi I am trying to turn my windows 10 pc to a 16 bit system so I can play old pc video games on it. This website tells you what to do to make a 16 bit system. https://www.groovypost.com/howto/enable-16-bit-application-support-windows-10/ In to website it says Configure...
  8. 24-bit on Speakers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    24-bit on Speakers?: Thank you for stopping by here, So my Problem is: I have a Logitech G933 Gaming Headset, and i want to change the Sample rate of my audio, Altough i can only have 16-bit, I cant change it to 24 bit. What i can switch to 24 Bit is the Digital Output, but the Logitech G933...
  9. Flac (24bit) to Flac (16 bit) decent converter program

Flac (24bit) to Flac (16 bit) decent converter program: Hi folks I've some music that I want to leave as FLAC but the rubbish phone I've got won't play FLAC @24 bits but will handle FLAC at @16 bits. Any decent programs around to convert to 16 bit. Note I'm using decent headphones so I don't want some mushy mp3 sound played...
  10. 16 bit programs on 32 bit windows 10...

16 bit programs on 32 bit windows 10...: hi... i installed vdm on my 32 bit windows 10 to run 16 bit windows programs have all the dlls in the windows system folder rebooted... and the programs still won't run... says something is missing... any ideas why? 44312

Users found this page by searching for:

1. goodmans cd radio cassette player 16 bit converter cd keeps stopping