Windows 10: 24 hours - It was a long haul

Discus and support 24 hours - It was a long haul in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I bought a re-furbished tablet. Its a nice little guy made by ASUS. Its got a 10.5" screen and comes with an attachable keyboard. It was on sale for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by storageman, Mar 15, 2018.

1. 24 hours - It was a long haul

I bought a re-furbished tablet. Its a nice little guy made by ASUS. Its got a 10.5" screen and comes with an attachable keyboard. It was on sale for a price that I couldn't turn down.

The 24 hours started this way. It came with a uninstalled "Windows 10 1607 14393.315". At power up, it started installing. It finally got done in about 1hr. But then the revenge of the Windows Update struck. It started downloading some large CU's. Since I was busy I never wrote down the KB #'s but their were a bunch of them. That took about 10 hrs with all the re-boots and since I wasn't just sitting there answering question, some wait time is also included. Finally it settled down. I initially decided that I would try to not install 1709, since in a few short weeks we all will be seeing a new release. Wrong decision. It insisted on downloading 1709 and it didn't care how many times you cancelled the download Note this is Home version. So after messing around for a couple of hours with this, I decided to boot from my trusty 1709 USB and perform an upgrade install. Well It didn't go for that. It said I had to do a clean install. Since Couldn't find any specialized drivers on the ASUS support section, I had to cancel it. Note: that the install that was started from my USB, inverted the screen and the mouse pad, was out of orientation 90 degrees and it didn't respond to any touch screen operations. Finally I got it canceled after about 1.5 hours - LOL !

After several recoveries and re-boots I finally got back to where I was before. And I let it download 1709. The big problem was after all of the previous updates, it kept running out of room on the download (note its only got a 64gb SSD). So it was running many clean operations as it was moving along. that took almost 6 hours to down load. I should of shut down the internet and cleaned the SSD up before allowing this to happen.

After finally downloading 1709 it started to install. That took almost 3 hours. So the elapsed time from first power up, it was 18 hours. I decided to shut it down right then and there.

Next morning I powered it up and of course WU is complaining because its now at 1709 16299.15 ! So 3 hours later and a couple CU's its now at 1709 16299.309. I'm happy. I take a look at whats left on the 64gb drive and there is 11g available. Ran cleanup which took almost 3 hours.

Now I have a happy machine, its drive has 37gb available and its up to date.

Just wanted to share this experience and relate that the smaller slower machines that are really down level are a bitch to get updated.

Enjoy !!*Smile

:)

storageman, Mar 15, 2018

2. windows 10 activation error: 0xC004C003

Thanks, cfed02, it looks a long haul. As you say, you spent hours on this and had to know the steps and get them in the right order!

I will need good luck.

Best wishes

Vincent

Vincent_919, Mar 15, 2018
  3. KJG73 Win User
    Windows 10 stuck in restart screen

It somehow corrected itself after 24 hours. Not sure if it was a update that took that long. But I was able to log back in after letting windows run for 24 hours.

KJG73, Mar 15, 2018
  4. 24 hours - It was a long haul

Just wait a few more weeks for our new Windows release. Then you can go through all of this again. *Smile

Masterchiefxx17, Mar 16, 2018
Thema:

24 hours - It was a long haul

1. 24 hours - It was a long haul - Similar Threads - hours was long

2. The screen on time is 24 hours.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The screen on time is 24 hours.: Hello. When I turned on my laptop today, I found that the screen on time was 24 hours. Last night I decided to turn off fast startup 1 time, holding down the shift. Tonight I found a very long screen on time. Tell me is it okay?...
  3. The screen on time is 24 hours.

The screen on time is 24 hours.: Hello. When I turned on my laptop today, I found that the screen on time was 24 hours. Last night I decided to turn off fast startup 1 time, holding down the shift. Tonight I found a very long screen on time. Tell me is it okay?...
  4. 24 hour clock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    24 hour clock: The bug riddled Windows 11 cannot seem to even support a 24 hour clock. While civilians use the AM/PM the military uses 24 hour time. Windows 11 cannot so this so its time to stuff it in the stockade....
  5. 24 hour clock

24 hour clock: The bug riddled Windows 11 cannot seem to even support a 24 hour clock. While civilians use the AM/PM the military uses 24 hour time. Windows 11 cannot so this so its time to stuff it in the stockade....
  6. 24 hour clock.

in Windows 10 Customization
    24 hour clock.: I am trying to change the format for time from AM/PM to using the 24 hour clock. I have gone to settings but this is not offered as an option for setting time display. How or can I make this happen?...
  7. 24 hour clock

24 hour clock: I am using Windows 10 Pro and can't find the setting for using the 24 hour clock. I am getting only AM/PM. I work in the Fire/EMS/Rescue field and all our times are 24 hour based. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thank you...
  8. 10 BSOD in 24 hours

in Windows 10 Support
    10 BSOD in 24 hours: Windows version 1909, HP Spectre x360 Alright, so I should preface this by saying I know next to nothing about the internal workings of a computer. It took me over an hour to set up windbg, including having to figure out why the tutorial commands weren't working (TIL:...
  9. 24 hour clock

24 hour clock: How so I change my clock to 24 hour time in windows 10 ? I am a nurse and I think and function in 24 hour clock time. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/24-hour-clock/29c261f8-f080-45c4-b623-c85ff5634165
  10. 24 hour clock on lockscreen

24 hour clock on lockscreen: I pretty much have resolved all my niggling little issues with Windows 10.....I however can not seem to get the clock on the lockscreen to show as 24 hour clock. I have it set to 24 hour clock everywhere else but the lockscreen. In fact even in the preview for the lockscreen...