Windows 10: 250mg recovery partition ?

Discus and support 250mg recovery partition ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Okay this last install of 9926 installed without the 250mg recovery partition that prior builds have produced ? Anyone else seeing this ? I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ThrashZone, Feb 3, 2015.

1. 250mg recovery partition ?

Hi,
    Okay this last install of 9926 installed without the 250mg recovery partition that prior builds have produced ?
    Anyone else seeing this ?
    I have since removed the build I had enough looking at it....
    But found that interesting the recovery partition was not installed
    The drive had no partitions on it I did the custom install and deleted it it was just one large unallocated space :/

Possibly 10 just isn't showing it anymore show hidden folders, files and drives was selected
    Even show hidden system files.. was but nothing in disk management :/

:)

ThrashZone, Feb 3, 2015

2. Recovery partition

Thank you.

searcher5050, Feb 3, 2015
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Recovery partition

I don't know what "operationally usable" means. If you want to see whether you can boot from it, start a recovery. You can always cancel before the recovery commences.

If you've never touched your recovery partition - haven't tried to change it or move it - I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't work as intended.

Personally, I don't use recovery partitions and never have. Instead, I make daily image backups and store them on an external hard drive.

BulldogXX, Feb 3, 2015
  4. Saltgrass Win User

250mg recovery partition ?

How about including a picture of your Disk Management window?

Saltgrass, Feb 3, 2015
  5. Hi,
    Unfortunately I've already removed 9926 so an image is not possible *Sad
    Just seeing if anyone else has a clean install on a separate hdd to review and see if the reserved partition exists or not ?
    cheers.

ThrashZone, Feb 3, 2015
  6. Edwin New Member
    Maybe Windows installs one if it feels like it! *sarc

250mg recovery partition ? [​IMG]

It always puts a 350MB Reserve on mine.

Edwin, Feb 3, 2015
  7. Thank you yes 350mg *Smile
    That's funny I never realized what that really meant *Tongue
    Every install has produced one,
    Come to think of it I just re-installed win-8 and it didn't produce a reserve partition either :/
    That was to a new ssd same deal drive options deleted the partition created in diskpart..
    Very weird but I guess Wolfgang @whs got his way on my install finally *Tongue

ThrashZone, Feb 3, 2015
  8. 250mg recovery partition ?

I believe if the drive is already partitioned with one partition, and you don't do a custom install, you'll just get the one partition. If you go custom, it will automatically add the other system partitions.

Something else I noticed is if your PC doesn't have UEFI BIOS the first partition is a 350 MB System Reserved. If it is a UEFI BIOS the first partition is a 300 MB Recovery Partition, and a 100 MB EFI partition is also added. My desktop PC is legacy BIOS and my laptop is UEFI.

EDIT: I have not had an install where the extra system partitions were not added. I always do a custom install though, and delete the system partitions and Windows partition during my clean installs. I almost always have data on a separate drive/partition that I don't want wiped out or Windows installed to by accident.

alphanumeric, Feb 4, 2015
  9. How many MB are in a mg? *Tongue

10. Dude Win User
    Here is my disk management ss, I installed on my 8 drive first and picked up some partitions, then used a separate drive

250mg recovery partition ? [​IMG]

11. Dual boot? Windows 10 installed with Windows 8.1 drive connected?

12. Dude Win User
    Dual boot? Windows 10 installed with Windows 8.1 drive connected? Yep, dual boot. Had them both on the SSD at first, then added another drive for 10. The ss is from when I'm booted into W8

13. Dude Win User

In this formula B=g

14. Dual boot? Windows 10 installed with Windows 8.1 drive connected? Yep, dual boot. Had them both on the SSD at first, then added another drive for 10. The ss is from when I'm booted into W8 The Dual Boot changes things, as far as partitions created and used. As far as I know anyway.

15. Okay I rechecked 8.1 and it does have the 350mb *Tongue had to use mini tool to actually see it possibly 10 hides it too ?
    But then again I couldn't even find disk management in 8.1 I hate that nasty os.

ThrashZone, Feb 4, 2015
Thema:

1. 250mg recovery partition ? - Similar Threads - 250mg recovery partition

2. Recovery partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery partition: Hi, I want to see what's inside this partition.And can I format it like with the Windows 11 installation media?How can I explore this partition? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-partition/69a1d18e-cc4c-40cd-a22d-4304ded8c1ff
  3. Recovery partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery partition: Hi, I want to see what's inside this partition.And can I format it like with the Windows 11 installation media?How can I explore this partition? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-partition/69a1d18e-cc4c-40cd-a22d-4304ded8c1ff
  4. Partition Recovery

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Partition Recovery: Hi! I recently came upon this post: Data lost on my backup drive -Minitool disk recovery that discussed what appears to be a problem similar to one I'm experiencing with my WD MyBook 2TB external hard drive. The drive suddenly disappeared from File Explorer...and when I...
  5. Recovery partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovery partition: Hi all, After recent Windows updates my disk0 C: has now only 16GB of space. disk1 D: has 850 GB. Is there a way to move some of this from D: to C: ?? Thanks John https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-partition/8efef761-2f1d-49e8-85a6-3e4b4fade16f
  6. Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery Partition: Please read through to the bottom. I have 2 questions there. This is in relation to comments on threads https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unused-11gb-recovery-partition/24a7cbbe-960a-490f-b916-e07eba32281e and...
  7. recovery partition

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    recovery partition: A friend asked this and I didn't have an answer, mainly because I use Macrium reflect and image the whole drive. He was playing around with an Acer Desktop and deleted the recovery partition. His only other computer is an Hp laptop. Both latest Win 10 versions. The Laptop has...
  8. Recovery Partition

Recovery Partition: A while ago I installed windows on my Samsung SSD drive and its Recovery Partition was created on the second HDD internal hard drive. After a Force Shutdown, the SSD drive failed and I had to replace it with another Kingston SSD drive. It was not possible to recover...
  9. recovery partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    recovery partition: My hp laptop suddenly threw up a twirling recovering disc image. Now many of my apps like Edge and others don't work. When I look at disc management I see my C drive has a recovery partition. How do I make use of this?...
  10. RECOVERY PARTITION

RECOVERY PARTITION: What will happen if I reformat recovery partition? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/recovery-partition/aefc4c41-c484-430f-9ea2-9161022514d1