Windows 10: 2GB external hdd backup is recognized as only 260mb drive...

Discus and support 2GB external hdd backup is recognized as only 260mb drive... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a 1.8 GB backup (G) hdd that is showing up in this computer as 260mb (see screen shot) When I opened it up in in Disk Management it diagrams... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by provlima, Mar 6, 2018.

1. provlima Win User

2GB external hdd backup is recognized as only 260mb drive...

I have a 1.8 GB backup (G) hdd that is showing up in this computer as 260mb (see screen shot)
    When I opened it up in in Disk Management it diagrams the drive into 2 partitions

The first partition is unlabeled and shows as 260mb and the second partition
    shows as 1863 GB.

How can I restore this drive to be recognized by my laptop in its correct near 2GB size

How can I get mylaptop to recognize the backup hdd as its true 1863 GB size???

2GB external hdd backup is recognized as only 260mb drive... [​IMG]
    Attached Thumbnails

:)

provlima, Mar 6, 2018
  2. RonLeckie Win User

Creating an image fails with an 0x807800c5 error.

trying to create an image on my Lenovo 320s laptop. Hdd has a 260mb healthy EFI partition, a118gb drive C: A1000mb healthy recovery partition. External backup hdd has a 1000mb healthy recovery partition, a 260mb healthy EFI partition, a 1000mb healthy
    OEM partition, a 916gb healthy primary partition (D2GB external hdd backup is recognized as only 260mb drive... :) and a healthy recovery partition. It appears to copy the EFI partition, then fails with the 0x807800c5 error. Further information states that 'The mounted backup volume is inaccessible. please retry the
    operation 0x8078004f' I assume this simply means 'Try again'. Have tried to create the image in Backup and restore (Windows 7) and selected drive D: as the backup device. Any help will be appreciated.

Ron.

RonLeckie, Mar 6, 2018
  3. RH060 Win User
    Windows Backup is too large.

I am trying to run the File History on a Windows 10 Pro system. I have a 240Gb SSD for programs (C) using 61.5Gb of space and my files are stored on a 1Tb HDD (B) using 476Gb of space. I am trying to back it up to a 2Tb external HDD. I have run the backup
    once and my external HDD had 1.45Tb worth of backup. I go explore into the backup and find everything has been saved in triplicate. I quick format the external HDD and try again. I include only my B: drive and exclude my C: drive and all other offerings. In
    short, only backup the B: drive. However, Windows is still telling me my backup size will be 1.45Tb. I have run the system file checker (sfc /scannow) in admin mode. Everything is fine. I have heard good things about the Windows 10 backup but I'm not experiencing
    them, yet. So my questions are:

• How can I reset the size of the backup?
    • How do I get it to recognize that I only want to backup the 476Gb of data from drive B?
    • Will incremental backups happen when running properly or will I get continuous full backups?
    I have taken a system image of drive C: and don't want it included in the file history backup.

Thank you for considering this.

RH060, Mar 6, 2018
  4. CountMike New Member

Your Disk 2 has or had an OS, probably windows on it so EFI partitions was left over and now is useless. G: partition on same disk has gone to RAW state for some reason, do you have anything important on it ? If not you can just initialize/format it and merge with that EFI partition.

CountMike, Mar 6, 2018
  5. rezpower Win User
    As the drive seem to function correctly and is recognized by disk management, in case you have any important data on it, you can probably recover it easily with a recovery software. If you don't have anything important then simply delete all partitions and re-partition your un-allocated space to a new partition.

rezpower, Mar 6, 2018
  6. jumanji Win User
    jumanji, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. 2GB external hdd backup is recognized as only 260mb drive... - Similar Threads - 2GB external hdd

2. External drive backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External drive backup: Hello all, How do I backup windows 10 unto a hard drive? What am I looking for and cant see my dive displayed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-drive-backup/ecc6172e-9317-4fa9-8755-7ee6726e446f
  3. External HDD not recognized only on my Win10 pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External HDD not recognized only on my Win10 pc: Hello everyone, I recently assembled a computer for me with a Ryzen 5 3600, mboard Asus A520M-Plus, GTX-1060 with the latest version of Win10. Every usb peripheral that I’ve connected so far is working but one specific external HDD is not. It’s a WD Passport bought two years...
  4. Windows 10 Backup and Restore not recognizing WD External HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Backup and Restore not recognizing WD External HDD: I've recently upgraded from a Windows 7 Toshiba Satellite to a Windows Lenovo Legion Y540 -15IRH. I have a vast gaming library and file structure, so I wanted it all copied from old to new computer. I made a backup of my Toshiba on the WD my passport and attempted to use...
  5. OneDrive or External HDD for backup?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    OneDrive or External HDD for backup?: I'm trying to keep subscription costs and/or hardware costs down, so I would like to find a backup strategy that doesn't involve both, or at least doesn't cost too much. I would like to do daily / weekly incremental backups, and image my drive once a month or so. From what...
  6. Windows backup to external hard drive doesn't recognize external drive.

Windows backup to external hard drive doesn't recognize external drive.: Need to rebuild my OS, but I'd llike to do a full backup before I proceed. But the built in Windows 10 backup doesn't recognize my Seagate Desktop Drive. Google searches only brought up windows forums saying to check your drivers, although it works fine in explorer. Are...
  7. USB port will only recognize external HDD

USB port will only recognize external HDD: Alright, I'm struggling with this one, all of my searching only gives problems where people cannot get their external hard drive to show up, but I have the opposite problem. After plugging in an external HDD, then removing it (I "safely remove"ed it, which i think is...
  8. Backup to external HDD on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backup to external HDD on network: My PC OS is Windows 10 v17763. The OS is installed on a SSD drive. D, E and F SATA drives are also on the computer. The PC is connected by Ethernet to a Netgear Nighthawk R7800 router by ethernet. A 4Tb external HDD is connected to the Netgear router by USB. This drive is...
  9. backup on external hdd on router

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    backup on external hdd on router: i have an external hdd on my router and i want to make a system image backup there, but i can't find it when i have to choose a network location. what should i do?...
  10. 2GB external HDD backup is recognized as only 259 mb by my laptop??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2GB external HDD backup is recognized as only 259 mb by my laptop??: I have a 1.8 GB backup (G) hdd that is showing up in this computer as 260mb (see screen shot) When I opened it up in in Disk Management it diagrams the drive into 2 partitions The first partition is unlabeled and shows as 260mb and the second partition shows as 1863 GB....