Windows 10: 2nd drive not showing in my computer but boots up

Discus and support 2nd drive not showing in my computer but boots up in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was a Bombardier in the Hawaiian Army, sorry. *Sad But you are right, all replies removed. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AddRAM, Apr 5, 2018.

1. AddRAM Win User

2nd drive not showing in my computer but boots up

I was a Bombardier in the Hawaiian Army, sorry. *Sad

But you are right, all replies removed.

AddRAM, Apr 5, 2018
  2. mcgoo Win User

So i have cloned w10 onto another disk,and when i press f12 it will boot to it,It shows up on disk management,is healthy activite patition,How do i get it to show on my computer? 3 drives,two to boot to and one is for back up.
    It was showing fine,now its not i have checked the cables and they are also fine.

:)

mcgoo, Apr 14, 2018
  3. Windows 10, stuck at black screen with loading spinning circle

This past week, I've been dealing with the spinning circle. Wanted to post my findings and add something strange that was a temporary fix for some computers at my company.

The computers that would not boot all have a 2nd hard drive in them. (usually the boot drive is SSD, and the 2nd drive is a mechanical drive). Unplugging the 2nd hard drive lets the computer boot up, just like it should.

I don't know why that is, I'm still trying to figure it out. My only wild guess right now, is that these used to be Windows 7 computers that were upgraded to 10, and had Windows Backup set to back up to the 2nd hard drive.

Dave19871987, Apr 14, 2018
  4. 2nd drive not showing in my computer but boots up

second hard drive not showing

had problem with new laptop being stuck in repair mode, reinstalled windows 10 now 2nd hard drive does not show in device manager or disk mgmt.

no way to reassign drive letter, dive not showing. Restarted computer and went to boot menu or bios menu. Drive is listed there. When windows boots up, it disappears.

DEATH BY SWEETP, Apr 14, 2018
  5. mcgoo Win User
    2nd drive not showing in my computer but boots up [​IMG]

2nd drive not showing in my computer but boots up [​IMG]

mcgoo, Apr 14, 2018
  6. You have to assign the partitions a letter using Disk Management, then they will show up in File Explorer.

slicendice, Apr 14, 2018
  7. Cliff S New Member
    *Thumbs

Cliff S, Apr 14, 2018
  8. mcgoo Win User

Thanks for all the quick replies and thats it sorted...

mcgoo, Apr 14, 2018
  9. *Thumbs

slicendice, Apr 14, 2018
  10. cereberus Win User
    Afaik, it is marked active as it is a legacy bios installation and being active does not mean that it is the one currently in use, but is the partition containing necessary boot files. UEFI does not require active partitions.

cereberus, Apr 14, 2018
  11. Lol

Why are you guys bombarding with all these comments and questions. It's the OPs own concern what he has and where.

The first post also suggests that he's working on disk clones so all System drives would be active, no matter if it's stuck internally to a SATA port or put in an USB-enclosure.

What comes to the second recovery partition...well Windows sometimes decide to do that when it thinks the one available does not have enough space.

slicendice, Apr 14, 2018
Thema:

1. 2nd drive not showing in my computer but boots up - Similar Threads - 2nd drive showing

2. My C/Boot Drive does not show up on defragment drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My C/Boot Drive does not show up on defragment drives: Hi, recently I've been noticing that whenever I start my computer, it always does an automatic disk checking. Everything works as normal but when I went to defragment my drives, my C drive does not show up on there however it does show up on file explorer and I can still...
  3. My C/Boot Drive does not show up on defragment drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My C/Boot Drive does not show up on defragment drives: Hi, recently I've been noticing that whenever I start my computer, it always does an automatic disk checking. Everything works as normal but when I went to defragment my drives, my C drive does not show up on there however it does show up on file explorer and I can still...
  4. My C/Boot Drive does not show up on defragment drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bitlocker not showing up for 2nd drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bitlocker not showing up for 2nd drive?: So, I successfully encrypted one of my external HDDs. Today, I was planing to encrypt my 2nd external HDD but the option is not showing up. How can I activate it? submitted by /u/noobatanything [link] [comments]...
  6. Boot drive from my old computer won't show up as external drive

Boot drive from my old computer won't show up as external drive: Windows 10 version 1903 I recently decided to finally upgrade my Windows 7 system to Windows 10. I bought a new SSD, removed my old SSD, and installed Windows 10 on the new one. This way I'd be able to go back to my old system if I forgot to back something up or just didn't...
  7. My 2nd hard drive shows up in device manager but does not show up in disk management.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My 2nd hard drive shows up in device manager but does not show up in disk management.: How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-2nd-hard-drive-shows-up-in-device-manager-but/20dbfc90-2335-42f1-8dee-7b1c0abd58b4"
  8. DVD Drive not showing up on my computer.

DVD Drive not showing up on my computer.: I have an HP Notebook with Windows 10. I recently purchased a USB DVD drive just to watch movies on my laptop, as it does not have an internal DVD drive. When I plug it in, the drive itself responds: the light flashes and the disc spins, as one would expect, but I get...
  9. My computer is not showing the screen on boot up.

in Windows 10 Support
    My computer is not showing the screen on boot up.: When I power on my iView maximus 2, it does not show a screen. I was in the bios disabling some stuff because I did have some other problems, I disabled the internal graphics driver by accident*Sad. How can I re-enable that with a black screen and I can't see anything....
  10. 2nd Drive shows 100% usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    2nd Drive shows 100% usage: Hi, I'm a new member and hope you can help me with this problem. Am using Windows 10 64bit with 8 gig of ram , M5A97 R2.0 m/b with Amd FX 6300 six core cpu. 1st drive western digital green 640gb with operation system 2nd drive western digital blue 2gig with tv shows. 3rd...