Windows 10: 2nd hard drive in CD bay has no volumn label but healthy @ WIndows 10

Discus and support 2nd hard drive in CD bay has no volumn label but healthy @ WIndows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; DELL E6410 CD bay hard drive, I used an used windows format 2.5" hard drive, at power on an option Intel menu can choose mirror or non-mirror and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lastguy, Nov 5, 2016.

1. lastguy Win User

2nd hard drive in CD bay has no volumn label but healthy @ WIndows 10

DELL E6410 CD bay hard drive, I used an used windows format 2.5" hard drive, at power on an option Intel menu can choose mirror or non-mirror and it remains in non mirror mode.
    Windows 10 computer management shows it as disk1 healthy, but no drive letter assigned to so file explorer cannot show it. There is unknown device but device manager can't find driver to update. thanks for help.

:)

lastguy, Nov 5, 2016

2. windows 10 professional not finding one of two internal hard drives

I am not aware of any secondary storage controller. This computer was configured and is now 5 months old. It has one flash drive and one internal hard drive with an empty bay for another internal hard drive. When another hard drive is placed into the
    empty second bay it is found by the bios. But it may or may not be detected by administrative command prompt diskpart followed by list part, start right click then disk management, or file explorer. I just checked device manager and only two disk drives
    appear:

HGST HTS721010A9E630 and

LITEON CX1-JB256-HP

The HGST driver is Microsoft with driver date 6/21/2006 and driver version 10.0.14393.0

The LITEON driver is Microsoft with driver date 6/21/2006 and driver version 10.0.14393.0

So they both have the same Microsoft driver.

Action then scan for hardware changes did not display the second internal hard drive.

Windows 10 professional was updated yesterday and today.

This is the copy and paste of the administrative command prompt diskpart then list disk:

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.14393]

(c) 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>diskpart
    Microsoft DiskPart version 10.0.14393.0
    Copyright (C) 1999-2013 Microsoft Corporation.

On computer: DESKTOP-U8NPIR1
    DISKPART> list disk
    Disk ### Status Size Free Dyn Gpt

-------- ------------- ------- ------- --- ---

Disk 0 Online 238 GB 1024 KB *

Disk 1 Online 931 GB 931 GB

DISKPART>

There are two 931 GB internal hard drives and list disk only displays one internal hard drive.

Disk Management displays:

Disk 0 Basic 238.46 GB Online 450 MB Healthy (Recovery Partition);

99 MB Healthy EFI System Partition; (C2nd hard drive in CD bay has no volumn label but healthy @ WIndows 10 :) 237.15 GB NTFS Healthy (Boot, Page File, Crash Dump, Primary Partition); 785 Healthy (Recovery Partition)

Disk 1 Basic 931.51 GB Online 931.51 GB Unallocated

CD-ROM 0 DVD (D2nd hard drive in CD bay has no volumn label but healthy @ WIndows 10 :) No Media

file explorer then this PC displays:

Local Disk (C2nd hard drive in CD bay has no volumn label but healthy @ WIndows 10 :)

185 GB free of 237 GB

BD-RE Drive (D2nd hard drive in CD bay has no volumn label but healthy @ WIndows 10 :)

questions_, Nov 5, 2016
  3. NilsJul Win User
    Win10 BOOTMGR is missing after update

So I did a diskpart then list volume command and found this

Volume ###
    Ltr
    Label
    Fs
    Type
    Size
    Status
    Info

J

DVD-ROM
    0 B
    No Media

K
    CDROM
    CDFS
    CD-ROM
    4892 KB
    Healthy

C
    System Rese
    NTFS
    Partition
    100 MB
    Healthy

F
    Data 0
    NTFS
    Partition
    931 GB
    Healthy

D
    System Rese
    NTFS
    Partition
    100 MB
    Healthy

G
    Data 2
    NTFS
    Partition
    931 GB
    Healthy

E
    ESD-USB
    FAT32
    Removable
    29 GB
    Healthy

H

Removable
    0 B
    No Media

I

Removable
    0 B
    No Media

I don't see Data 1 my other harddrive. The os that it found was win7 from my old pc. When I got my current pc I put my old harddrive and it had no problems. It never mistook it as the boot drive and boot in to my old win7. The other
    hard drive (the missing Data 1 partition) is the hdd that has the win 10 and is not listed.

NilsJul, Nov 5, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

Post image of disks from disk management.

Also, try updating your sata atapi controllers from device management. You may have to put old dvddrive back temporarily of it does not work.

cereberus, Nov 5, 2016
Thema:

1. 2nd hard drive in CD bay has no volumn label but healthy @ WIndows 10 - Similar Threads - 2nd hard drive

2. External Hard Drive/New Volumn

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Hard Drive/New Volumn: This is further to the issue that I was in having with ejecting my external hard drive and getting the message that it could not eject because another program was using the drive.I have discovered that a while back I had made a volume with the letter E within the drive that...
  3. External Hard Drive/New Volumn

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Hard Drive/New Volumn: This is further to the issue that I was in having with ejecting my external hard drive and getting the message that it could not eject because another program was using the drive.I have discovered that a while back I had made a volume with the letter E within the drive that...
  4. external hard drive bay for ATA drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external hard drive bay for ATA drive: Hi, I am not sure if this is the right place for this post or not. I have an external hard drive bay for SATA drives. It is just a stand, and I can swap out any SATA drive that I want to quickly, and read the contents on my computer. But the interface won't connect to my...
  5. After cloning, Recovery partition isn't labeled as such or labeled as "healthy"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After cloning, Recovery partition isn't labeled as such or labeled as "healthy": Hello, I cloned an existing C: drive SSD to a larger SSD Crucial 500GB NVMe to Crucial 2TB NVMe using the Acronis Disk Clone software that came with the new SSD. Seems to have worked, Windows boots, etc. However, the partition on the cloned drive that used to be labeled...
  6. 2nd hard drive constantly restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    2nd hard drive constantly restarting: Every few seconds one of my other hard drives non-C sounds like it is trying to start but fails and tries again. Access/opening/saving to these drives seems fine. They are used for extra image storage and one is a scratch drive for Photoshop. This had been a problem at 2...
  7. 2nd hard drive not showing win 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2nd hard drive not showing win 10: I'm trying to take a sata hard drive (with existing data) from an older win 10 machine and add it as a second drive on newer win 10 machine (also sata). First time I've done it. I've watched YT videos on how to configure the 2nd drive but it's based on the 2nd drive showing...
  8. DVD / CD labels

in Windows 10 Support
    DVD / CD labels: Didn’t know where to ask this question so here goes if it’s in the wrong section please feel free to move it. A friend of mine has just given me a loD of the circular cd labels,don’t know what make they are. So thought of looking for some software so maybe use some of...
  9. Use Vmware on 2nd hard drive

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Use Vmware on 2nd hard drive: I have 2 hard drives and both are 500gb. First hard drive have installed Windows on it and all the programs. If i was to install Vmware on my second hard disk and then install windows on it, would i get better performance? My host OS would be running on first hard...
  10. Hard drive healthy but cannot be accessed by Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive healthy but cannot be accessed by Windows 10: I have been having on start up my F drive being "repaired" but it cannot be accessed by Windows. Computer Management lists the disk as F: and as healthy! But the file system as RAW. There is also in addition the F: and C: an unidentified Volume with no file system which has a...