Windows 10: 2nd Monitor, HDMI, Causing Crash BSOD

Discus and support 2nd Monitor, HDMI, Causing Crash BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When powering on 2nd monitor, a Sony flat screen, system crashes with BSOD and SYSTEM_THREAD_..... (atimdag.sys) error message. Using AMD's latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lemke, Sep 22, 2015.

1. lemke Win User

2nd Monitor, HDMI, Causing Crash BSOD

When powering on 2nd monitor, a Sony flat screen, system crashes with BSOD and SYSTEM_THREAD_..... (atimdag.sys) error message.

Using AMD's latest Win10 drivers, also tried the Beta release. No change. Uninstalled drivers and reinstalled. No change. ANy ideas? Radeon 5670 supposed to be WIn 10 compatible.

Thanks all!

:)

lemke, Sep 22, 2015

2. I've got 2 monitors, and when i plug the second one in, both of them go black.

ok, what is main monitor connected with

HDMI, VGA, DVI ???

and you say 2nd is HDMI card out to HDMI monitor in ?

seahawks65, Sep 22, 2015
  3. HDMI output not working, 'video_tdr_failure igdkmd64.sys' error when restart with cable inserted

I just tried this, it prevented the BSOD crash when starting with the HDMI cable plugged in, but there is still no display on the second monitor through the cable, although it seems to think that there is a signal (no 'no signal' message, and device manager
    shows two monitors connected).

JohnASmith, Sep 22, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

5. lemke Win User
    sysinfo file is, I believe, attached. If anyone is willing to investigate, I will be extremely grateful.

Attachment 39469

lemke, Sep 25, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Please remove the Catalyst Control Center and install only the drivers (choose custom / advanced to prevent software installation)
    Check here for driver updates

Code: 1: kd> lmvm atikmdagstart end module name fffff801`6f7e0000 fffff801`70cea000 atikmdag T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys Image path: atikmdag.sys Image name: atikmdag.sys Timestamp: Mon Aug 03 21:57:16 2015 (55BFC79C) CheckSum: 014A1F5B ImageSize: 0150A000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

7. lemke Win User
    Thanks Axe. Removed everything AMD, and used ccleaner to remove residuals. Verified replacement of basic MSoft driver for display adapter. Did custom AMD install. Unfortunately no change. STill got BSOD when powering sony flatscreen.

Thanks for your help!

[/quote]

lemke, Sep 25, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

Please use the tool again and upload the zip file

9. lemke Win User
    New zip attached. Thanks!

lemke, Sep 26, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
    Are you using AMD Gaming Involved?

Crashes are caused by an AMD Video driver
    Code: 2: kd> lmvm atikmdag start end module name fffff800`a0030000 fffff800`a153f000 atikmdag T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys Image path: atikmdag.sys Image name: atikmdag.sys Timestamp: Sat Aug 22 04:10:03 2015 (55D7D9FB) CheckSum: 014A3688 ImageSize: 0150F000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

Thema:

1. 2nd Monitor, HDMI, Causing Crash BSOD - Similar Threads - 2nd Monitor HDMI

2. 2nd monitor crashing PC

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    2nd monitor crashing PC: Recently, for no reason, started getting freezes and crashes. Freezing all day out of nowhere..."no reason" at all. Nothing different. everything updated. finally i unplugged the 2nd monitor and no crashes... 1060 GTX 3gb. I started having problems 3 or 4 weeks ago when I...
  3. Adding 2nd Monitor is causing PC to crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Adding 2nd Monitor is causing PC to crash: I recently added a new monitor to my gaming PC set up, and now it occasionally will crash the entire PC. Could this be a power supply issue or something else?...
  4. HDMI 2nd Display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI 2nd Display: For some reason my 2nd display, HDMI, isn't connecting. The computer can't detect it. What next? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-2nd-display/054c4bb4-ff71-410c-9e9e-d1d8715d35b8
  5. 2nd SSD installation causing BSOD

2nd SSD installation causing BSOD: Hello, I have a new Dell Inspiron 15 7591 laptop. The laptop has room for two M.2 NVMe PCIe 3x4 drives, one of which has been filled by the SSD that came with the laptop, and an additional space for a 2.5" Sata hard drive therefore giving me 3 drives for storage. This...
  6. 2nd Monitor usage causing audio oddity?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2nd Monitor usage causing audio oddity?: My issue is that ever since that I plugged in a 2nd monitor, my earbuds that I plug into the jack have been having issues where the audio doesn't really seem to know which earbud to play on. Sometimes the stereo works as normal but more often than not both L and R audio will...
  7. HDMI port suddenly no longer sending signal to 2nd monitor?

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDMI port suddenly no longer sending signal to 2nd monitor?: Hi everyone, I have a HP Pavilion G6 running on Windows 10 with a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series built in graphic card. Is there a detect HDMI feature in Windows 10? Oddly the system stopped sending the signal to the 2nd monitor. I don't recall any settings...
  8. BSOD after connecting 2nd monitor

BSOD after connecting 2nd monitor: I have had the same error (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION) popping up for over a month. I have had a tech out 3 times changing the video card, PSU, fan, motherboard, and memory, have been on the phone with Microsoft techs multiple times as well. I have checked the drivers with driver...
  9. External HDMI Monitor causing a Bad_Pool_Header crash

External HDMI Monitor causing a Bad_Pool_Header crash: Has anyone had any experience of a external HDMI monitor causing a system crash? 41239
  10. Having an issue with 2nd monitor using hdmi

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Having an issue with 2nd monitor using hdmi: I'll certainly check that setting. I'm just a bit confused to why it would work with VGA but not HDMI?