Windows 10: 2nd monitor slow to wake up.

Discus and support 2nd monitor slow to wake up. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Lenovo B50 with W10. After a recent upgrade (a forced windows upgrade) this problem began. Not a W10 install but a periodic Windows upgrade. Prior to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by DEUCEDOG, Apr 14, 2017.

1. DEUCEDOG Win User

2nd monitor slow to wake up.

Lenovo B50 with W10.
    After a recent upgrade (a forced windows upgrade) this problem began. Not a W10 install but a periodic Windows upgrade. Prior to the upgrade there were no issues.

I have dual monitors and the #2 monitor takes 5+ minutes to wake up. It does this both from either a boot up or from a sleep wake up. Just a blank (dark) screen. Once it decides to wake up everything works normally.
    Is there a setting somewhere to 'fix' this?

:)

DEUCEDOG, Apr 14, 2017

2. Dual monitor wont turn on after opening laptop

Hi,

I have recently connected my old PC monitor to my laptop using a DVI to HDMI cable.

It initially didnt work when I connected it but I opened the Intel Graphics Settings menu - clicked and multiple displays - detect and it then turns on the 2nd monitor and it works fine.

When I close my laptop (so putting it to sleep) it puts the 2nd monitor to sleep (which is fine) but when I open it again it doesnt wake the 2nd monitor up and I have to repeat the whole process again.

How do I change the settings so when I close the laptop it puts the 2nd monitor to sleep but when I open the laptop it automatically wakes the 2nd monitor up without me having to go through the Intel Graphics Setting menu.

Thanks for your help.

Ben Kilbride, Apr 14, 2017
  3. 2nd Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 setup

Good Day,

I have Windows 10, Dell inspiron 1520 laptop and a second Dell monitor. Everything is working fine the laptop and the second monitor till the laptop goes to sleep. After waking up the laptop the its turning back "ON" but the issue is that second monitor
    stay on sleep mode. The only way to turn it back "ON" is to restart the laptop again.

Any suggestion to fix this problems.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

JustinMathieu1823, Apr 14, 2017
Thema:

2nd monitor slow to wake up.

1. 2nd monitor slow to wake up. - Similar Threads - 2nd monitor slow

2. 2nd monitor set up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd monitor set up: When attempting to connect 2nd monitor to pc running a hdmi cable from 2nd monitor to a dvi/hdmi adapter on computer I lose video display on the 1st monitor? How can this be fixed?Thank you.pm...
  3. 2nd monitor set up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd monitor set up: When attempting to connect 2nd monitor to pc running a hdmi cable from 2nd monitor to a dvi/hdmi adapter on computer I lose video display on the 1st monitor? How can this be fixed?Thank you.pm...
  4. monitor waking up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    monitor waking up: So this has been happing a for a while now. My monitor keeps waking up as if someone moved the mouse. I just built a new pc but this problem was also happening on my old pc too. Is there any way view what caused this? I checked event viewer but found nothing. The computer is...
  5. Monitor will not wake up

Monitor will not wake up: Win10 to latest update. My desktop is set to turn off display after 1 hr but the PC stays running cameras on PC. Before latest updates the display would turn off and with a wiggle of mouse, would wake up. Not anymore. I have to force shutdown of PC because it won't wake...
  6. Slow screen wake up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow screen wake up: so recently i noticed something weird with my laptop. when i try to wake the screen from screen timeout it take a long time to respond, it show black screen for like 10-20 sec and then go to main screen. My laptop is ROG gl553vd i put my windows on m.2, 16gb of ram. with m.2...
  7. Slow wake up

Slow wake up: I have a toshiba portege r835 which is a pretty old laptop but it has a reliable intel core i5 2nd gen processor. there is a power light near the trackpad which blinks yellow when the pc is asleep and turns green the moment i lift the lid. it's pretty fast and reponsive. but...
  8. 2nd monitor won't wake - settings default to that screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    2nd monitor won't wake - settings default to that screen: Looking for help figuring out how to wake up my second monitor. After upgrading to a new Dell OptiPlex 3060 and Windows 10, I cannot seem to get my second monitor up and running, but all of my open windows go there when I connect it. To complicate matters, when I open display...
  9. 2nd monitor won't wake - settings default to that screen

in Windows 10 Support
    2nd monitor won't wake - settings default to that screen: Looking for help figuring out how to wake up my second monitor. After upgrading to a new Dell OptiPlex 3060 and Windows 10, I cannot seem to get my second monitor up and running, but all of my open windows go there when I connect it. To complicate matters, when I open display...
  10. Monitor doesn't wake up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor doesn't wake up: I have a Dell 2713H monitor. When I hook it up to a Mac, it wakes up fine when waking from sleep. On my Dell laptop, I have to manually press the monitor button to get it to turn on. I have the latest driver for that monitor. From what I can see, I have also the correct...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 2nd monitor slow to wake up