Windows 10: 2nd monitor using DVI-D to VGA won't detect on Windows 10

Discus and support 2nd monitor using DVI-D to VGA won't detect on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have windows 10 now and I wanted to use multiple monitors, I have both connected to my GeForce GTX 1080 Ti one through HDMI (This one works fine) and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AndrewJMD, Aug 26, 2018.

1. AndrewJMD Win User

2nd monitor using DVI-D to VGA won't detect on Windows 10

I have windows 10 now and I wanted to use multiple monitors, I have both connected to my GeForce GTX 1080 Ti one through HDMI (This one works fine) and I have one running through a DVI-D to VGA adapter which connects to my other monitor and it doesn't work. I've tried swapping the monitors and it still doesn't work. I've tried detecting the display but that also shows that nothing is detected. I also know that all my drivers are updated and I've tried running the connector through my Motherboard itself, that still doesn't work. I've turned integrated graphics on when I do that but that didn't help. I'm using 32GB ram, the Z270-E motherboard, a GeForce GTX 1080 Ti by EVGA, and an I7-8700K CPU.

:)

AndrewJMD, Aug 26, 2018
  2. ACD0236 Win User

Continuum with VGA/DVI-D only monitor

Hello there,

I am planning to try out Continuum with a Lumia 950XL. The monitor I should connect it to has only VGA and DVI-D input connectors, and it supports a 1920 x 1200 resolution on a 24" panel with 16:10 aspect ratio.

• Would it be possible to get a stable, reliable and functional connection between the Lumia and such monitor?
    • The resolution and aspect ratio of the external monitor would be correctly interpreted by the Lumia or would I face problems in image size, resolution or aspect ratio of the contect that I see on screen?

My idea is to buy the Display Dock, connect the phone on one end and an HDMI to DVI-D cable on the other end.

How does it sound?

Thank you very much.

ACD0236, Aug 26, 2018
  3. kendeg Win User
    Windows 10 not detecting 2nd monitor

I have a dual monitor setup. I have 2 AOC e2252V monitors that would work fine on Windows 7. I have all updated drivers. I've checked the internet for multiple solutions but everyone's problem seemed to be that they didnt extend their displays. My problem is that both windows 10 and my graphics card are not detecting it. They are both connected to the DVI-D connections on my MSI R9 390 graphics card (installed with the latest drivers from 11/30/2015 on the MSI website.) One monitor is hooked up from VGA through a DVI-D adapter to connect to my graphics card. I assumed this wasn't the problem because I did the same thing on my previous card where it worked just fine. I checked to see if one of my DVI-D connections were faulty on the card, but my one monitor hooked up directly through a DVI-D cable (no adapter) works on both of them. If I hook up my TV through HDMI connection, it will detect my TV. I wonder if this is a problem with Windows 10, MSI R9 390, or the adapter. If anyone has a solution or advice, that would be greatly appreciated.
    These are pictures of some of what I'm talking about.
    Imgur [1]
    2 X DVI-D Digital Dual Link male 24+1 to VGA HD15 female Converter Adapter New 100003844974 | eBay[2] This is a link to the adapter I am using. VGA from the monitor, connected to this adapter, into the graphics card.

kendeg, Aug 26, 2018
  4. 2nd monitor using DVI-D to VGA won't detect on Windows 10

Windows 10 won't install with VGA monitor

there is no VGA port on the computer.

Just two DVI ports connected to the Graphics card.

The VGA to DVI adapter fits into the VGA monitor, it also fits into the DVI port. How can if be the wrong adapter if it fits???

The monitor says the same thing no matter which DVI port it is plugged in to.

this is the cable:

Cable Matters® Active DVI-D to VGA Male to Female Adapter - 10 Inches

thank you for the help.

Tryin2Install, Aug 26, 2018
Thema:

2nd monitor using DVI-D to VGA won't detect on Windows 10

1. 2nd monitor using DVI-D to VGA won't detect on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - 2nd monitor using

2. 2nd Monitor Not Detecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd Monitor Not Detecting: Hello I was messing around with display in order to try and configure my computer. I was unsuccessful. In the process of this my 2nd display decetion does not work. What does work are all the settings and the display itself. However, the detection is the sole thing does not...
  3. 2nd Monitor Not Detecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd Monitor Not Detecting: Hello I was messing around with display in order to try and configure my computer. I was unsuccessful. In the process of this my 2nd display decetion does not work. What does work are all the settings and the display itself. However, the detection is the sole thing does not...
  4. Not detecting 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not detecting 2nd monitor: My pc was working perfectly fine last night then I turned it on right now and only one monitor has came on. I've looked at all the display port cables and they're all fine. I'm on the latest windows update and I have the latest drivers for my graphics card. I am once again...
  5. Not detecting 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not detecting 2nd monitor: My pc was working perfectly fine last night then I turned it on right now and only one monitor has came on. I've looked at all the display port cables and they're all fine. I'm on the latest windows update and I have the latest drivers for my graphics card. I am once again...
  6. Not detecting 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. 2nd monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2nd monitor not detected: Hey guys, I'm having issues with windows 10 and a second monitor. I finally decided to try a dual monitor system for the first time ever and I can't seem to connect the second monitor. I've went to display settings but nothing is detected when I hit the detect button. I've...
  8. 2nd monitor not detected

2nd monitor not detected: Hi there This problem has probably been asked previously but I can only find older answers whicharen't relevant. I have recently purchased a new HP Pavillion laptop and a Samsung 27" curved monitor. Laptop using Windows10. All working perfectly. A change in job and...
  9. use of VGA to DVI adapter

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    use of VGA to DVI adapter: Hi, My graphics card (Radeon 9800XT) has both a VGA and a DVI connector. I have a VGA to DVI adapter that I could use to connect the VGA connector from my monitor to the DVI port of the card. Is there any advantage to my doing that, as opposed to connecting the monitor to the...
  10. Windows 10 not detecting 2nd monitor

Windows 10 not detecting 2nd monitor: I have a dual monitor setup. I have 2 AOC e2252V monitors that would work fine on Windows 7. I have all updated drivers. I've checked the internet for multiple solutions but everyone's problem seemed to be that they didnt extend their displays. My problem is that both windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 cant run dvi and hdmi monitors

2. display not detect windows 10 vga and dvi

3. dvi into pc or gpu for second monitor

4. second monitor not detected windows 10 dvi adapter,
  5. detecting old monitor hp but it says its on dvi when ur using vga,
  6. dvi-d wont start monitor,
  7. dvi vga geforce only show one monitor,
  8. windows 10 wont detect vga monitor,
  9. monitor not detecting dvi or vga,
  10. desktop dvi card installed vga wont work,
  11. problems with detecting dvi-d second monitor win10,