Windows 10: 2nd user can see all my shortcuts ?

Discus and support 2nd user can see all my shortcuts ? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have added my partner as a 2nd user, not a family user as she only wants to use office and Dropbox on the PC. But she has all MY shortcuts showing on... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by mickiete, Jul 21, 2016.

1. mickiete Win User

2nd user can see all my shortcuts ?

I have added my partner as a 2nd user, not a family user as she only wants to use office and Dropbox on the PC. But she has all MY shortcuts showing on her desktop.
    If she deletes them, when I log on to my desktop, my shortcuts have gone and not showing in the Bin, but they show in her bin, and if she restores them, mine are restored on my desktop too.

Am I doing something wrong in the setup of the 2nd user?.

:)

mickiete, Jul 21, 2016

2. shortcuts for all users

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you wish to allow access to the desktop shortcuts for all users.

I suggest you to navigate to "C:\Users\Public\Desktop" (you'll need to unhide hidden files and folders first), then paste the shortcuts.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jul 21, 2016
  3. shortcuts for all users

Hi,

Thank you for updating us on the issue.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know are you trying to create shortcut for all user?

If you are trying to create shortcut for all user try the below steps and check.

• Click on start menu and select
      file explorer

• Click on OS(C2nd user can see all my shortcuts ? :) and click on user folder.

• Click on view on top of the right pane and check on
      Hidden item box.

• Now you can copy and paste the shortcut that you want on the folder.
    Hope it this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Jul 21, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

Each user has access to two Desktop folders, public and user specific.

Check the C:\Users\Public\Desktop folder, move all shortcuts you want to be shown only on your desktop to folder C:\Users\Your_Username\Desktop. Do the same for shortcuts you only want to be shown on your partner's desktop.

5. mickiete Win User
    Thanks for that, it's looking better now. If she uses any apps, will it just be for her or will it affect me. ie: will her photos and mine mix ? or will we have separate ones.

mickiete, Jul 21, 2016
  6. Kari Win User
    Usually all personal stuff like documents, images, videos and such is stored on your user folder but if you want to be sure, check the public desktop folder every now and then.

7. mickiete Win User
    TOP MAN, Thanks for all the advice.

mickiete, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. 2nd user can see all my shortcuts ? - Similar Threads - 2nd user shortcuts

2. Can not see transparency checkerboards at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not see transparency checkerboards at all: Hey, I've ran into a problem where i can't see the transparency checkerboard background at all only a white background not in any photo editing softwares or on chrome. This is something that i think happend recently when i select the image with the transparency i can see it...
  3. Can not see transparency checkerboards at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not see transparency checkerboards at all: Hey, I've ran into a problem where i can't see the transparency checkerboard background at all only a white background not in any photo editing softwares or on chrome. This is something that i think happend recently when i select the image with the transparency i can see it...
  4. Can not see transparency checkerboards at all

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Reset wallpaper and shortcuts for 2nd display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset wallpaper and shortcuts for 2nd display: Hi. I reinstalled my Windows system at Friday. Since then, I have troubles with my secondary display. It keeps changing my wallpaper to the one that 1st display has, and remove shortcuts. I had no trouble with this before reinstallation. All my drivers are updated as well as...
  6. Laptop can't decide if it can see 2nd HDD or not

Laptop can't decide if it can see 2nd HDD or not: How can I ensure my laptop finds the data drive consistently??? System: HP 250 G7 laptop, running Win 10 1909. OS mounted on SSD, data and apps on 2nd SATA HDD. On booting, BIOS and Disk Management often drop the SATA HDD completely. Not always, but 75% of the time. Of the...
  7. 2nd user applications

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    2nd user applications: Hello. I am running Win 10 Home. My question is can 2 different users share the same program installations? That is, if I create a 2nd admin account with a new name, is there anyway to share the applications installed by the first user with the new user? Thank you. 173610
  8. Can not see all my usb

Can not see all my usb: can not see my USB drives https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-see-all-my-usb/6360861e-8d84-4ebb-9d49-136c7faf1321
  9. Unable to see folder C:\users\all users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to see folder C:\users\all users: Using win10 - 64bit Logged into cmd prompt as admin. Cannot see C:\users\all users with the following cmd's Folder does not show in normal File Explorer window Run TREE cmd and the All Users folder does not show. Run DIR cmd for C:\users and All Users does not show...
  10. Shortcuts appearing on all users desktops

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcuts appearing on all users desktops: Hello all, I've just bought a new computer with Win 10 installed of course *Smile I have the main user account as admin and I've set up two other user accounts for my kids, without admin. Whenever I install a new application a shortcut for that application gets...