Windows 10: 2x bsods: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION

Discus and support 2x bsods: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have imaged a computer lab with a Windows 10 image and I seem to be having issues with only one model in particular, Dell Optiplex 790's which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by boomtastic, Sep 12, 2017.

1. 2x bsods: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION

I have imaged a computer lab with a Windows 10 image and I seem to be having issues with only one model in particular, Dell Optiplex 790's which technically Dell does not have Win 10 drivers for. I imaged with Windows 10 Education x64 v1511.

I am currently experiencing 2 different bsods as stated above in the subject randomly. Usually happens 1-3 times a day. Whenever they blue screen it does not collect data for the dump file. It just freezes at 0% (I've let sat for a 3 days over the weekend and will not finish creating dump). The current workaround is just to manually shut down and turn on.

I have ran the Dell Diagnostics and did the extended tests on the memory, all passed, Ran all Seagate SeaTools for Windows as they are Seagate hard drives, and no issues found, Ran MemTest86+ for 11 passes with no errors.

I found a thread on Dells site about this issue and they recommended updating the chipset and sound driver which I did and issue persists.

Looking at event viewer it is getting a Critical Kernel-Power Event ID 41 error everytime it BSODS.

I have attached the zip file from the dm_log_collector, however since the minidump is not being created it couldn't find that.

:)

boomtastic, Sep 12, 2017

2. sfc logfile shows a folder which doesn't exist? Folder ----"C:\Windows\System32\hi-in\hi-in\" ---------Folder which i can find --"C:\Windows\System32\hi-IN\"

blue screen : unexpected_store_exception and critical_process_died

VAIBHAV-JAIN909887, Sep 12, 2017
  3. Tom873 Win User
    Windows 10 BSoD "UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION" How to Fix it?

Hi Rakesh,

I too am receiving this unexpected_store_exception bsod every few days.

I have updated all of my drivers, and I do not have any third party anti-virus software installed yet I continue to get this bsod as well as a critical_process_died bsod.

I have a brand new HP ML10 v2 server running Windows 10 home.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Tom

Tom873, Sep 12, 2017
  4. 2x bsods: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION

2x bsods: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION [​IMG]
    BSOD Minidump - Configure to Create in Windows 10
    How to configure Windows 10 to configure Dump Files to be written in the event of a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD).

Can you provide us with the kernel memory dump please? Its located in C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP.
    You can upload it to an cloud service like dropbox or onedrive.

Diagnostic Test
    HDD TESTS

Run HDTune to check health and scan for errors.

Note It may take some time, but look for signs of any errors or failure.

You can also run a disk or health check using chkdsk. Refer to the tutorial for details of how to do this.

Take Screenshots of it and post it here.

1. Check Hard Disks
    2. Check Event Viewer for DISK error messages
    3. Check disk space
    4. Check DISK controller and storage drivers (AHCI, RAID, NVMe,...)
    5. Check SSD for new Firmware-Update
    6. Check SATA cables (replace or re-seat) and try a different SATA port

Repair Windows Filesystem:

1. Open an elevated command prompt.
    2. In the elevated command prompt, type these five commands below, and press Enter:

dism /Online /NoRestart /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    dism /Online /NoRestart /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
    sfc /scannow
    chkdsk C: /F /R /X
    fsutil dirty set C:

SFC:
    The SFC command scans the integrity of all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.
    DISM:
    If a Windows image becomes unserviceable, you can use the Deployment Imaging and Servicing Management (DISM) tool to update the files and correct the problem.
    For example, you would use sfc /scannow command is unable to repair corrupted or modified system files because the component store (source) is corrupted.
    CHKDSK:
    Checking your drives for errors every once in a while can help fix some performance issues. Drive errors can usually be caused by bad sectors, improper shutdowns, bad software, corruption, physical damage, etc...

BSODHunter, Sep 12, 2017
  5. I am unable to provide the kernel memory dump/MEMORY.DMP as it never gets generated during the BSOD per original post as it gets stuck at 0%. I had already configured the dump file settings in start-up and recovery options from option 1, also I checked the registry files provided in the link and all my registry files are already set with those settings. DebugInfoType was already set to 7 but changed it to 2.
    I ran HDTUNE and attached are the screenshots of the health and ran full error check. Didn't find any issues.
    I ran all the recommended commands,
    dism /Online /NoRestart /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    dism /Online /NoRestart /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
    sfc /scannow
    chkdsk C: /F /R /X
    fsutil dirty set C:

boomtastic, Sep 12, 2017
  6. Spectrum Win User
    It's going to be difficult to find an exact cause when crash dumps are not being generated.

Have you verified everything is up to date regarding drivers? I see your firmware is a few versions behind.

Support for OptiPlex 790 | Drivers downloads | Dell US

If you put in your service tag (should be a sticker on top of the machine) it can automatically check for driver updates.

Spectrum, Sep 12, 2017
  7. I had updated a few of the other 790's in the lab that are having the same issue with the updated drivers dell recommended when doing autodetect, but technically they are not fully supported for Windows 10. What's odd is we have 790's in other computer labs that are running windows 10 and they seem to run fine.

One thing we are having issues with is we have the computers hooked up with switches and they seem to be going back as they constantly lost internet connection (all the ones connected to the switch). I replaced the switch with a brand new switch and took the old one and hooked it up to my workarea where I have about 16 computers hooked up. Left it over night last night and and the came back this morning to all the computers losing internet connection. So it seems like the switches themselves might be bad. I havn't exactly seen the exact moment it BSOD's but it almots seems like when the switches lose internet connectivity is when they BSOD as the read of the 790s lost internet connection and give the yellow exclamation point. I also took 3 of the 790s that were BSOD'ing from the lab and hooked them up to my office network which is on the same subnet but they have been on for a week straight now with no BSODs. It only happens in the lab where i suspect faulty switches.
    Has anyone heard of issues of switches causing BSODs?

boomtastic, Sep 12, 2017
  8. zbook New Member

2x bsods: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION

1)In the left lower corner search type system > open system control panel > on the left pane click advanced system settings > in startup and recovery click settings > post an image into the thread.

2) After the image is created please use the following settings:
    a) automatically restart > un-check
    b) write debugging information > automatic memory dump
    c) dump file > %SystemRoot%\MEMORY.DMP
    These settings may be modified in the future depending on the ability to create dump files.
    3) If you use Ccleaner > windows tab > system > make sure that memory dumps is unchecked
    4) In the left lower corner type disk > open disk cleanup > un-check system error memory dump files
    5) Download and install Whocrashed
    Resplendence Software - WhoCrashed, automatic crash dump analyzer
    6) Above analyze click on tools > crash dump test > type: ACCEPT
    7) Click analyze > post the whocrashed result into the thread
    8) post a new zip after the above steps:
    BSOD Crashes and Debugging - Windows 10 Forums

zbook, Sep 12, 2017
  9. Attached are the requested screenshot and new zip. Wouldn't allow me to upload the exported WhoCrash report so I have copied it below. Thanks.
    Code: Welcome to WhoCrashed (HOME EDITION) v 5.54 This program checks for drivers which have been crashing your computer. If your computer has displayed a blue (or black) screen of death, suddenly rebooted or shut down then this program might help you find the root cause of the problem and a solution. Whenever a computer suddenly reboots without displaying any notice or blue (or black) screen of death, the first thing that is often thought about is a hardware failure. In reality, on Windows most crashes are caused by malfunctioning device drivers and kernel modules. In case of a kernel error, many computers do not show a blue or black screen unless they are configured for this. Instead these systems suddenly reboot without any notice. This program will analyze your crash dumps with the single click of a button. It will tell you what drivers are likely to be responsible for crashing your computer. It will report a conclusion which offers suggestions on how to proceed in any situation while the analysis report will display internet links which will help you further troubleshoot any detected problems. To obtain technical support visit www.resplendence.com/support Click here to check if you have the latest version or if an update is available. Just click the Analyze button for a comprehensible report ... Home Edition Notice This version of WhoCrashed is free for use at home only. If you would like to use this software at work or in a commercial environment you should get the professional edition of WhoCrashed which allows you to perform more thorough and detailed analysis. It also offers a range of additional features such as remote analysis on remote directories and remote computers on the network. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS VERSION OF WHOCRASHED IS NOT LICENSED FOR USE BY PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT ENGINEERS. Click here for more information on the professional edition. Click here to buy the the professional edition of WhoCrashed. System Information (local) Computer name: NEB-404-15 Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 10586 Windows dir: C:\windows Hardware: OptiPlex 790, Dell Inc., 0HY9JP CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz Intel586, level: 6 4 logical processors, active mask: 15 RAM: 8465203200 bytes total Crash Dump Analysis Crash dump directory: C:\windows\Minidump Crash dumps are enabled on your computer. On Thu 9/14/2017 10:58:06 AM your computer crashed crash dump file: C:\windows\Minidump\091417-35828-01.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: rspcrash64.sys (rspCrash64+0x108B) Bugcheck code: 0xDEADDEAD (0x0, 0x0, 0x19A020DA, 0x3C2A58ED) Error: MANUALLY_INITIATED_CRASH1 file path: C:\windows\system32\drivers\rspcrash64.sys product: WhoCrashed company: Resplendence Software Projects Sp. description: Resplendence WhoCrashed Crash Dump Test Bug check description: This indicates that the user deliberately initiated a crash dump from either the kernel debugger or the keyboard. This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out. On Thu 9/14/2017 10:58:06 AM your computer crashed crash dump file: C:\windows\memory.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: rspcrash64.sys (rspCrash64+0x108B) Bugcheck code: 0xDEADDEAD (0x0, 0x0, 0x19A020DA, 0x3C2A58ED) Error: MANUALLY_INITIATED_CRASH1 file path: C:\windows\system32\drivers\rspcrash64.sys product: WhoCrashed company: Resplendence Software Projects Sp. description: Resplendence WhoCrashed Crash Dump Test Bug check description: This indicates that the user deliberately initiated a crash dump from either the kernel debugger or the keyboard. This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out. Conclusion 2 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. No offending third party drivers have been found. Connsider using WhoCrashed Professional which offers more detailed analysis using symbol resolution. Also configuring your system to produce a full memory dump may help you. Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information. Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further. [/quote]

boomtastic, Sep 13, 2017
  10. zbook New Member
    The whocrashed test confirmed that dumps can be created and viewed.

The Dell bios is 2012.
    Please check to see if there is an updated version.

For post #2:
    post into the thread the memory dump file using one drive or drop box.
    post the results of chkdsk /x /f /r using the information in this link:
    Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

For post#4
    Please update the bios and drivers:

Support for OptiPlex 790 | Drivers downloads | Dell US

Dell Optiplex 790 System BIOS Driver Details | Dell US

For post#6
    please confirm the new startup and recovery settings.

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

2x bsods: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION

1. 2x bsods: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION - Similar Threads - bsods CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION

2. Unexpected_store_exception and Critical_process_died error.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unexpected_store_exception and Critical_process_died error.: Hello there,I am constantly getting these two errors, tried everythingincluding HDD test, edited power plan, unchecked fast startup, uninstalled updates. My hard drivesboth HDD and SSD are in good condition, as stated by Crystal disk info.Here is the link to the mini dump...
  3. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION Blue Screen

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION Blue Screen: Hello, I frequently get CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION bsod I use HP Pavilion Laptop Here is my minidump files from the last week: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qvCmVkw5HQa0um0D-J8wlve0LjHJbtZe/view?usp=sharing Thanks...
  4. Bluescreen BSOD during gaming. Unexpected_store_exception and critical_process_died are...

Bluescreen BSOD during gaming. Unexpected_store_exception and critical_process_died are...: UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION CRITICAL PROCESS DIED UNCORRECTABLE WHEA ERROR It's been happening to me for since last month and it's getting frustrating. This BSOD comes while I'm gaming, or sometimes whenever I'm idle or doing some low cpu activity like media streaming,...
  5. Windows 10 BSoD "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED"and"UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPT ION"

Windows 10 BSoD "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED"and"UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPT ION": Hi all, My pc started to get BSoD while gaming since 1 week ago. things i tried; MemTest86+ test Bios update Driver update (graphics card, chipset, realtek lan drivers and so on) CPU and GPU stress test for 1 hours+ Harddisk and ssd health check Cleaning inside of pc Ran...
  6. BSOD Critical_Process_Died and Unexpected_Store_Exception not generating any dump files

BSOD Critical_Process_Died and Unexpected_Store_Exception not generating any dump files: Hi all, I posted this problem on here a couple days back, though the guy that was helping sort of just stopped replying me for some reason, and the thread becomes ignored, so here I am again... There's a more detailed description in the original thread, so you can have a...
  7. Random BSODs on Windows 10 / HP Spectre CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED / UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION

Random BSODs on Windows 10 / HP Spectre CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED / UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION: Hi all, Could you please help with random BSODs my HP Spectre laptop has been experiencing from ~February 2020? Appreciate any help, because the only remaining thing for me is to reinstall Windows, which I would like to avoid Symptoms BSODs are completely random - no...
  8. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION BSOD: Hello, so i got this laptop in august 2018 and had no problems with it at all while gaming. But since a couple of months ago, i get random BSOD while gaming. This is particularly true for Overwatch/Apex Legends. It happens about every 1-2 hours randomly. The problem: My pc...
  9. BSOD first unexpected_store_exception then critical_process_died

BSOD first unexpected_store_exception then critical_process_died: I have done everything from the internet how to fix this BSOD but none work after normal use for few minutes it will BSOD with unexpected store exception error then restart the a few minutes it will BSOD again with critical process died then restarts then few minutes all now...
  10. Bsod unexpected_store_exception

Bsod unexpected_store_exception: Hi everyone, (Sorry for my bad english) I have a problem for months with my Windows 10. Firstly, my wireless card (Qualcomm AR922X/TP-Link WN951N) crashes frequently (probably because of the driver provided by Microsoft). Then, I have frequently (at least one time by...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. memory management and unexpected store exception bsods