Windows 10: 3.5mm Jack issues (mic)

Discus and support 3.5mm Jack issues (mic) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm currently using a Logitech h151 headset that has only a single jack. Upon using it for the first few times, everything was fine. However, in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cosmo, Dec 26, 2015.

1. cosmo Win User

3.5mm Jack issues (mic)

I'm currently using a Logitech h151 headset that has only a single jack. Upon using it for the first few times, everything was fine. However, in the past two days, the mic has been cutting off and interference can be heard. I have to continuously readjust the jack and push it in extremely tightly before the mic can work again. I know this because my friends on discord have been complaining of my mic cutting off too often. I have already updated my drivers and such, anyone has any idea how to fix this?

:)

cosmo, Dec 26, 2015

2. Microphone will only work for about a minute and quits!

So is the webcam/Mic combo USB

or Webcam USB and mic 3.5mm jack

is the webcam one device and the mic is another

if so is usb web and 3.5mm jack mic

seahawks65, Dec 26, 2015
  3. Windows 10 microphone issues on Lenovo Thinkpad T430 Laptop

How old is your laptop? If it has a few years behind it the external 3.5mm mic jack socket may be slightly tarnished. If you've tried all the "tekky" stuff with no luck, then try this - clean the 3.5mm mic jack socket on your laptop, phone or whatever.
    I experienced the same problems as described in all these forums, drivers, configurations, roll back,simple volume control adjustment - nothing worked. After several hours with no luck I decided the internal mic was toast. So I bought an external mic with
    3.5mm jack plug from a local electronic shop, plugged it in and everything worked as it should - loads of volume. Then unplugged mic and tried with the internal again - loads of volume. So my conclusion was that both the internal and external mics use the
    same contacts within the laptop jack socket to complete the signal circuit. By plugging an external 3.5mm jack plug into the 3.5mm jack socket on the laptop I had effectively cleaned/wiped the contacts. It's been working for two week now. If you have any propriety
    contact cleaner spray, try that too.

PeterWhitby, Dec 26, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

3.5mm Jack issues (mic)

Probably a loose jack, either on headset or computer, drivers can't influence mechanical parts !!!

CountMike, Dec 26, 2015
Thema:

3.5mm Jack issues (mic)

1. 3.5mm Jack issues (mic) - Similar Threads - 5mm Jack issues

2. RealtekR Jack Mic not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RealtekR Jack Mic not working.: The RealtekR Jack Mic isn't able to recognize that I have earbuds with a microphone plugged in, I've tried using an audio jack splitter adapter, the one that splits both channels and it just keeps saying it isn't plugged in. It also seems the Jack mic, when searching for it's...
  3. 5mm front panel mic not working properly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    5mm front panel mic not working properly.: I have a front panel 5mm audio jack input for 4 pin Audio and Mic handfree earphone, the earphone work fine in my cellphone. In the computer only audio; the mic sounds with a lot of static and I dont hear my voice not even a little bit. I try to:-Chance all the settings in...
  4. 5mm front panel mic not working properly.

5mm front panel mic not working properly.: I have a front panel 5mm audio jack input for 4 pin Audio and Mic handfree earphone, the earphone work fine in my cellphone. In the computer only audio; the mic sounds with a lot of static and I dont hear my voice not even a little bit. I try to:-Chance all the settings in...
  5. 5mm front panel mic not working properly.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Built-in mic and mic-in jack not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built-in mic and mic-in jack not working properly: My microphone jack went out on my GL73 laptop and Built-in mic; I have seen posts of this happening but I don't know if I should download the same SCM file as I've seen on threads...
  7. Built-in mic and mic-in jack not working properly

Built-in mic and mic-in jack not working properly: My microphone jack went out on my GL73 laptop and Built-in mic; I have seen posts of this happening but I don't know if I should download the same SCM file as I've seen on threads...
  8. Mic input on phone/mic jack for Dell

Mic input on phone/mic jack for Dell: I cannot get two of audio sound recording device to work in Windows 10. The laptop inbuilt "Microphone Array" device does work along with another input from a HDMI capture card via USBc; but I want to use input through the mixer mic/output jack, and a USB connected headset....
  9. Mic Jack not Working

Mic Jack not Working: Hi Bought this mic on amazon recently Amazon.com: Neewer® Mini 3.5mm Flexible Microphone Mic for PC Laptop Skype (2X Microphones): Computers Accessories When i connect the Mic to the Jack on the motherboard or my CPU nothing happens Windows 10 does not detect and...
  10. audio/mic jack

audio/mic jack: i have a windows tablet with a dual headphones/microphone jack. i plug in a pair of earphones with a built in mic, the audio does come through the earphones but the mic is not used. the mic on the tablet is still being used. how can i get the mic on the earphones to work?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nahimic headset 3 5 mm jack problems www.windowsphoneinfo.com