Windows 10: 3 cd icons in This PC

Discus and support 3 cd icons in This PC in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm new to win10 with a new Lenovo laptop. And I see 3 CD icons: one is the ordinary dvd which reads or burns media the second is about 2GB with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zivshosh, Oct 29, 2015.

1. zivshosh Win User

3 cd icons in This PC

I'm new to win10 with a new Lenovo laptop.
    And I see 3 CD icons:
    one is the ordinary dvd which reads or burns media
    the second is about 2GB with some setup program that looks like windows 10
    the third is about 2GB with something that looks like windows 8.1 setup program but I may be wrong.
    None of the odd two 2GB with programs is a virtual CD
    They also defined as CDs in control panel -> Administrative tools -> computer management -> storage

Do I need them?
    Can I burn the data and add them to drive C? (and by doing so I get rid of them)

I also have a D drive with about 20GB also with some programs I haven't been able to recognize.
    Is it a standard procedure with windows 10 on lenovo laptops.
    thank you

:)

zivshosh, Oct 29, 2015

2. Please help! Can't get videos from my W7 phone (HTC Arrive) to my PC

This is helpful, but I have no computer icon in the corner! There is a phone, a rip-and-burn-list CD icon, and a document.

Earlier I added the videos to the CD icon, but then searched my PC and could not find the videos. Do I need to reinstall zune? You have a computer icon? thanks.

divinerebel, Oct 29, 2015
  3. Chriso747 Win User
    CD-R cannot view disc

Can I assume that you have placed your CD in the drive, the drive works, but nothing comes up?

If so, when you go into Explorer, or This PC, does the DVD/CD icon show that there is a CD in the drive?

If you double click on that icon, does anything happen?

Await your response to the above.

Chriso747, Oct 29, 2015
Thema:

3 cd icons in This PC

1. 3 cd icons in This PC - Similar Threads - icons

2. Just deleted a bunch of useless files in my downloads folder and now the some of my icons...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just deleted a bunch of useless files in my downloads folder and now the some of my icons...: Just recently, I took the time to declutter my downloads folder by deleting a bunch of unnecessary files. However, it seems that as a consequence, some of my icons’ textures have gone missing. Now I’m wondering what steps I should take to address this issue....
  3. Just deleted a bunch of useless files in my downloads folder and now the some of my icons...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just deleted a bunch of useless files in my downloads folder and now the some of my icons...: Just recently, I took the time to declutter my downloads folder by deleting a bunch of unnecessary files. However, it seems that as a consequence, some of my icons’ textures have gone missing. Now I’m wondering what steps I should take to address this issue....
  4. The icon on my desktop and browse keep refreshing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The icon on my desktop and browse keep refreshing.: The icon on my laptop and browser keep refreshing without me issuing any command. Should i do to resolve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-icon-on-my-desktop-and-browse-keep-refreshing/a5dc16cb-2314-443a-9b27-e95bdb8c1755
  5. The icon on my desktop and browse keep refreshing.

The icon on my desktop and browse keep refreshing.: The icon on my laptop and browser keep refreshing without me issuing any command. Should i do to resolve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-icon-on-my-desktop-and-browse-keep-refreshing/a5dc16cb-2314-443a-9b27-e95bdb8c1755
  6. The icon on my desktop and browse keep refreshing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder: I have developed a program with installer. The program is installed in the programs folder. The program has also a link in the menu start. However the icon is empty:When I start the program from menu the icon the icon on the taskbar is also emptyWhen I start the program...
  8. Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder: I have developed a program with installer. The program is installed in the programs folder. The program has also a link in the menu start. However the icon is empty:When I start the program from menu the icon the icon on the taskbar is also emptyWhen I start the program...
  9. Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder

10. my icons are completely messed up

my icons are completely messed up: my icons are completely messed up and the spacing is making it impossible to see or organize as they are taking way too much space and instead of being able to have multiple icons in the same row, I get to have only 3...