Windows 10: 3 cd icons in This PC

Discus and support 3 cd icons in This PC in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm new to win10 with a new Lenovo laptop. And I see 3 CD icons: one is the ordinary dvd which reads or burns media the second is about 2GB with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zivshosh, Oct 29, 2015.

1. zivshosh Win User

3 cd icons in This PC

I'm new to win10 with a new Lenovo laptop.
    And I see 3 CD icons:
    one is the ordinary dvd which reads or burns media
    the second is about 2GB with some setup program that looks like windows 10
    the third is about 2GB with something that looks like windows 8.1 setup program but I may be wrong.
    None of the odd two 2GB with programs is a virtual CD
    They also defined as CDs in control panel -> Administrative tools -> computer management -> storage

Do I need them?
    Can I burn the data and add them to drive C? (and by doing so I get rid of them)

I also have a D drive with about 20GB also with some programs I haven't been able to recognize.
    Is it a standard procedure with windows 10 on lenovo laptops.
    thank you

:)

zivshosh, Oct 29, 2015

2. Please help! Can't get videos from my W7 phone (HTC Arrive) to my PC

This is helpful, but I have no computer icon in the corner! There is a phone, a rip-and-burn-list CD icon, and a document.

Earlier I added the videos to the CD icon, but then searched my PC and could not find the videos. Do I need to reinstall zune? You have a computer icon? thanks.

divinerebel, Oct 29, 2015
  3. Chriso747 Win User
    CD-R cannot view disc

Can I assume that you have placed your CD in the drive, the drive works, but nothing comes up?

If so, when you go into Explorer, or This PC, does the DVD/CD icon show that there is a CD in the drive?

If you double click on that icon, does anything happen?

Await your response to the above.

Chriso747, Oct 29, 2015
Thema:

3 cd icons in This PC

1. 3 cd icons in This PC - Similar Threads - icons

2. Win 10 desktop icons in 2 different monitors

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 desktop icons in 2 different monitors: Bug 10 is bug 10 Tell me why there are 3 icons on the left monitor? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-desktop-icons-in-2-different-monitors/f5de5a46-2938-4744-b3fd-6d1e6c3f0b38"
  3. Battery percentage icon missing from brand new Surface Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery percentage icon missing from brand new Surface Pro: Hi there, I have gone to settings/personalisation/taskbar and cannot find the batter/power under "select which icons appear on taskbar", and when I look under "turn system icons on or off", then the power icon is greyed out. When I go to device manager, there is no...
  4. How do I remove office icons from task bar ? I loaded office pro 2007 but I can't find the...

How do I remove office icons from task bar ? I loaded office pro 2007 but I can't find the...: I am newbie to win 10 and am having issues. I tried a solution from this forum to remove office purchase pop ups. Went to notifications and actions - no button to turn off office buy pop ups - which are very irritating Microsoft. I installed Office 2007 but can't find the...
  5. How to change file icons using custom icons (Win 10 /64/ 1903)

How to change file icons using custom icons (Win 10 /64/ 1903): I've been using File Types Manager for years without a problem. But since the Win 10 / 64 1903 update the 'Browse' function no longer works. How can we access and use custom icons for files (such as an mp3 file) without File Types Manager? 142596
  6. Windows 10 - Green coloured icons meaning

Windows 10 - Green coloured icons meaning: Hi, does anyone know what this green shade means? it is not always like this so I think this means something is not right or ? I had an update recently and since then it is like this. [ATTACH]...
  7. Context menu icon not showing

in Windows 10 Support
    Context menu icon not showing: I created this .reg file to show Locate32.exe icon on context menu, but it is not there: Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shell\locate\command] @="D:\\Programs\\Locate\\Locate32.exe /p \"%1\""...
  8. WORD ICON ON DESKTOP

WORD ICON ON DESKTOP: I have several word documents on my desktop that are formatted for word with the W icon. But my MAIN word icon(shortcut) is white with NO word on it. I thought I repaired it last night but this morning it is back "white again". All my other microsoft icons on my desktop...
  9. how do I locate the volume control icon on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do I locate the volume control icon on windows 10: how do I locate the volume control icon on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-locate-the-volume-control-icon-on-windows/8f491608-cd05-4a18-a093-37837d50a7d3
  10. Problem with Java icon in control panel

Problem with Java icon in control panel: Hello, couple days ago, i reseted my pc windows 10, but before that i took some applications and copied them to disk local D, when i reset it , i installed java jdk and jre in my computer, i added the paths to the environment variables, installed eclipse, and it s working...