Windows 10: 3 Day old Win 10 Install 400+ Errors in Event Viewer

Discus and support 3 Day old Win 10 Install 400+ Errors in Event Viewer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Title about sums it up. Fresh windows 10 Professional 64bit install. I installed the GPU Tweak II software for my GTX 980 ti which required a system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by R3WiND S3LeK7aH, Mar 5, 2016.

1. 3 Day old Win 10 Install 400+ Errors in Event Viewer

Title about sums it up. Fresh windows 10 Professional 64bit install. I installed the GPU Tweak II software for my GTX 980 ti which required a system restart to complete. While restarting, an error message popped up (one of the 0x08xxxxxxxx type of errors) but then dissappeared almost immediately as the system completed restarting so I didn't get to read it. I opened Windows Event Viewer to see if I could find the error and observed having 420 errors in the last 3 days. There's obviously too much to paste and include here so was looking for advice on where/how to get help. Honestly this is the first time I've opened the event viewer in any version of windows so idk how to read the errors and all of my attempts to google them have gotten me either outdated info or none at all *Confused if there's a known forum for Error log help or if anyone here could help, just let me know how to go about sharing the event logs or what info specifically from the errors you would need. The only response I've gotten elsewhere on the issue was that I could probably ignore the errors, however I have been experiencing occasional 5-15 second hangs in Windows 10 even when not doing much (for example, when opening a settings window or even clicking the start menu button) so am concerned some of the errors could be related to system instability. Thanks in advance if anyone can help!

:)

R3WiND S3LeK7aH, Mar 5, 2016

2. Cannot update Windows 10

I had a heck of a time upgrading to Win 10 from Win 8.1 but finally after several days got it to install.

Since then I have tried several times to upgrade to the current version. I am using an HP P7-1451 desktop with 16G of RAM. I kept getting this error message "failed in SAFE_OS phase during APPLY_IMAGE operation." The HD was almost 3 years old and had some
    900 bad sectors. I ran defragger and got it down to 400 bad sectors. Still would not upgrade. Cloned the old HD with Macrium Reflect (disregarding bad sectors) and installed the new HD. No bad sectors on it. Defragged it down to 25 fragmented files and tried
    to upgrade. Same error message.

Any ideas on what's causing this?

Thanks

PhilipFinkle, Mar 5, 2016
  3. Eventid 134 time service

If you have no other symptoms other than what you are seeing by manually looking in the event viewer I would say that you actually don't have a real problem at all and what you are seeing there are just normal for the beast. It is very common to see random
    errors or warnings in the event viewer on all devices. Are you getting any pop-up error notifications on the desktop as well? If not then don't stress-out on what you are seeing when looking in the Event Viewer.

For example, the below snapshot is of the event viewer summery of a 3 day old upgrade type installation of Windows 10 v.1709 (the Fall Creators Update) (upgraded to from v.1703) that performs and functions very quite well (it's also quite fast, perhaps even
    faster than v.1703).

3 Day old Win 10 Install 400+ Errors in Event Viewer [​IMG]

Again, for what it's worth,

-Richard

RichardEiler, Mar 5, 2016
  4. WHS
    whs Win User

3 Day old Win 10 Install 400+ Errors in Event Viewer

There are 4 categories

Critical
    Error
    Warning
    Information

Are all yours in the category 'Error' ??

5. Thanks for the reply. I have 1 critical, 425 error, 1,539 warning, & 4,308 information. The one critical was for an improper shutdown 3 days ago, so I don't think that one needs to be worried about, though I can't recall any improper shutdown occuring.

6. WHS
    whs Win User
    I assume the above numbers are for the 7 day period. They are a bit high but nothing to really worry about. I only watch the 'critical'. If there are a lot of those, then you need to investigate.

7. They are for the 7 day period (which is a 3day period since its only been that long since install). The ones I seem to be getting the most from the error category (numerous times per hour) are:

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-DeviceSetupManager/Admin
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-DeviceSetupManager
    Date: 3/5/2016 7:21:25 PM
    Event ID: 131
    Task Category: None
    Level: Error
    Keywords:
    User: SYSTEM
    Description:
    Metadata staging failed, result={EBF5A0A0-1DD1-11B2-A90F-20AA4B937D52} for container '0x80070490'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Log Name: Application
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2
    Date: 3/5/2016 7:21:10 PM
    Event ID: 513
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Description:
    Cryptographic Services failed while processing the OnIdentity() call in the System Writer Object.

Details:
    AddLegacyDriverFiles: Unable to back up image of binary Microsoft Link-Layer Discovery Protocol.

System Error:
    Access is denied.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-DeviceSetupManager/Admin
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-DeviceSetupManager
    Date: 3/5/2016 7:21:25 PM
    Event ID: 131
    Keywords:
    User: SYSTEM
    Description:
    Metadata staging failed, result={00000000-0000-0000-FFFF-FFFFFFFFFFFF} for container '0x80072EFE'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Log Name: System
    Source: storahci
    Date: 3/5/2016 5:31:46 PM
    Event ID: 129
    Level: Warning
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Description:
    Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued.

Those seem to be the main repeat offenders

8. bro67 Win User

If you are only getting it because of that tweaking software, then remove it. Something with it that Windows 10 does not like, if it is the root of the problem.

bro67, Mar 5, 2016
  9. Hey, thanks for the response. Unfortunately the Tweaking software is not the issue, the errors have been spamming since installing the OS on 3/2, I didn't install that software until 3/5. I also didn't see anywhere that any of the errors or warnings pointed towards that software whereas others mentioned the program ect at fault.

10. bro67 Win User
    Drivers like the Intel RAID is known to cause problems, same as the NVidia drivers.

Always work backwards to what was installed after, to what was installed when this problem started popping up.

If you are pulling the info from the Dump Log, WhoCrashed is easy to help diagnose.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. 3 Day old Win 10 Install 400+ Errors in Event Viewer - Similar Threads - old Install 400+

2. 3 events everi day

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    3 events everi day: Nome registro: System Origine: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Data: 19/11/2019 13:37:43 ID evento: 41 Categoria attività:(63) Livello: Critico Parole chiave: (70368744177664),(2) Utente: SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-VDK4095 Descrizione:...
  3. Diagnosing my freezing Win 10 (Event viewer image included) <3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Diagnosing my freezing Win 10 (Event viewer image included) <3: Good day and thank you very much for any assistance you might provide me, I really appreciate it a lot. I've recently upgraded my machine to Win 10 home from Win 7 x64, and I'm having some issues. Specs: AMD 8370e @4.2ghz 16gb ram nvidia 1070 Gigabyte M5A99FX Mobo...
  4. Win10 16k Errors in Event Viewer in 7 days. Fresh Install 14 days ago

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 16k Errors in Event Viewer in 7 days. Fresh Install 14 days ago: Hi, I am requesting help again. I am taking a bit of a different approach. While it will be declined, I will pay for the fix from an established member, if not declined you got it. Fresh install of Windows 10 which upgraded me to build 1709 (11/2/2017). 5-8 months...
  5. Event Viewer Error

Event Viewer Error: Hi All, I updated Win8.1 to Win10, so Event Viewer will suddenly appear two windows every 10 minutes*Sad*Sad. Please see the attached figure. Would someone help me solve this problem? How can I block it? Thanks. [img] 88395
  6. Event Viewer error

Event Viewer error: I have 599 errors of this. I have run SFC /Scannow and Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth. It didn't find any errors. I have Googled and searched here and can not find a fix. Is this something to worry about? [img] 47494
  7. new install of windwos 10 - Event viewer errors

in Windows 10 Support
    new install of windwos 10 - Event viewer errors: I am trying to cleanup fresh install of Windows 10, all updated with latest except for creative mode update. there a couple of Event viewer errors that I do not understand how to fix or whats going on with. first one: The application-specific permission settings do not...
  8. Fresh Win 10 install Event Viewer Errors

in Windows 10 Support
    Fresh Win 10 install Event Viewer Errors: Got a reoccurring problem with my pc shutting down unexpectedly. Thought it might be a corrupt install so i reinstalled windows 10 and the errors came back anyway. Then after a couple re-installs later and bunch of research i still came up with nothing. So i installed my...
  9. Hundreds of Event Viewer Errors after Win 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Hundreds of Event Viewer Errors after Win 10 upgrade: Just upgraded my Win 8.1 Pro 64-bit to Win 10, and Event Viewer shows literally hundreds of Errors and Warnings. WTF?? My 8.1 was almost error-free. What gives? Can I re-do the upgrade and try again? 9776
  10. 3 happy days on Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    3 happy days on Win 10: Three days ago I upgraded from 8.1 to 10. I just did the update in Windows update. Everything went smooth and everything worked after the update. My friend said that after I have upgraded I should do a clean install. I feel that since everything works, why do the clean...