Windows 10: 3 happy days on Win 10

Discus and support 3 happy days on Win 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Three days ago I upgraded from 8.1 to 10. I just did the update in Windows update. Everything went smooth and everything worked after the update.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by oldspook, Aug 25, 2015.

1. oldspook Win User

3 happy days on Win 10

Three days ago I upgraded from 8.1 to 10. I just did the update in Windows update. Everything went smooth and everything worked after the update.

My friend said that after I have upgraded I should do a clean install. I feel that since everything works, why do the clean install and have to reinstall all my apps. Has everyone else that upgraded did a clean install afterwords? Do you think I should do it or leave well enough alone?

:)

oldspook, Aug 25, 2015

2. Insane battery drain by Calendar and Mail app

Well I don't need these features.

I have not gained anything from them. At least not enough to compensate for 2 times shorter battery life...

The only thing that is really better since Cyan is the office. The other is just eye candy. Even the camera app improvements are not really big.

I would be very very happy to find a Lumia Cyan image to revert to it, but it's not available anywhere. Denim is better than win 10 at battery, but not that much better to bother reinstalling, unless I get really really pissed at win 10..

My observations for idle time are

Cyan -3% daily

Denim - 5% daily

Win 10 - 8-12 % daily.

Or when in use

Cyan - 10 hours of video, 6-7 hours of browsing, >5 days of music listening.

Denim - 8 hours of video, ~4 hours of browsing, 4 days of music listening.

Win 10 - 7-8 hours of video, ~3 hours of browsing, 3 days of music listening.

BozhidarGyulmezov, Aug 25, 2015
  3. Voice navigation trial period 3 days on N78-3?

When I got my N78 last night and activated the trial navigation license, it told me I had a 3-day license. I thought that it was three MONTHS, not three days? Is this a NAM version issue, and only the -1 versions get the three months?

Also, where's our firmware update? The -1 versions have two already! Nokia, please.

-C.

cablemonkey---01, Aug 25, 2015
  4. derekimo Win User

3 happy days on Win 10

Welcome to the forum,

If everything is working fine, I wouldn't bother with a clean install myself.

derekimo, Aug 25, 2015
  5. Tony K Win User
    Hello, oldspook. Welcome to the forum.

Yes, so much like you stated > If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Personally I didn't clean install my upgrade from 8.1 and in fact, as an Insider didn't fresh install after an upgrade to the next build. I have one minor problem of a Taskbar on my 2nd monitor that doesn't want to auto-hide some of the time, but everything runs as smooth as silk.

One thing I will suggest is to mirror your system in case you run into trouble, or at least create a daily restore point upon first boot.

Again, welcome and good luck to you.

Tony K, Aug 25, 2015
  6. WhyMe Win User
    Yup! Like the others said. If everything works perfectly then there ain't no need for a clean install. Just rejoice...

WhyMe, Aug 25, 2015
  7. Awesome, that you are loving Windows 10 till now.

You do not need to do Clean Install. Also many users are facing Activation errors after Clean install.

Just use it as it is.

Windows10users, Aug 25, 2015
  8. oldspook Win User

3 happy days on Win 10

Thanks for the replies, I thought a clean install wasn't necessary. I wanted to have the opinions of people more experiences with win 10.

oldspook, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

3 happy days on Win 10

1. 3 happy days on Win 10 - Similar Threads - happy days

2. Happy Birthday to My 14-Year Old PC Any Older PCs Out There?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Happy Birthday to My 14-Year Old PC Any Older PCs Out There?: Today is 14 years since I received my Dell Studio XPS 8100, and I'm still using it. It originally shipped with Windows 7 Home Premium, which I later upgraded to Windows 7 Professional with Anytime Upgrade. Eventually, I did a clean install of Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and...
  3. Happy Birthday to My 14-Year Old PC Any Older PCs Out There?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Happy Birthday to My 14-Year Old PC Any Older PCs Out There?: Today is 14 years since I received my Dell Studio XPS 8100, and I'm still using it. It originally shipped with Windows 7 Home Premium, which I later upgraded to Windows 7 Professional with Anytime Upgrade. Eventually, I did a clean install of Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and...
  4. Happy Birthday to My 14-Year Old PC Any Older PCs Out There?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I need help and if you help I will be happy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help and if you help I will be happy: I want to know how to figure out how to search for a windows codename for a windows version naturally through the actual OS not the internet so please help me if you do know how....
  6. I need help and if you help I will be happy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help and if you help I will be happy: I want to know how to figure out how to search for a windows codename for a windows version naturally through the actual OS not the internet so please help me if you do know how....
  7. Microsoft pushes Backup App to Windows 10 Enterprise devices and Admins are not happy

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft pushes Backup App to Windows 10 Enterprise devices and Admins are not happy: The September 2023 security updates for Windows 10 included the Windows Backup app. Read on to find out why Enterprise admins are furious. Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system is still the most used version of Windows, even though Microsoft is fully focusing development...
  8. Microsoft pushes Backup App to Windows 10 Enterprise devices and Admins are not happy

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft pushes Backup App to Windows 10 Enterprise devices and Admins are not happy: Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system is still the most used version of Windows, even though Microsoft is fully focusing development on Windows 11 and the version of Windows that comes after that. Microsoft announced that it would stop releasing major feature updates for...
  9. Windows 10 KB5030211 adds a Backup app to LTSC, and users are not happy

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB5030211 adds a Backup app to LTSC, and users are not happy: KEY POINTS The KB5030211 Patch Tuesday update for Windows 10 introduced a new “Windows Backup” feature. This app enables system backups linked to a Microsoft account, including files, apps, settings, and more. This backup tool, although useful, cannot be uninstalled and has...
  10. Windows 11’s Photos app comes to Windows 10, but some users are not happy

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11’s Photos app comes to Windows 10, but some users are not happy: Windows 11 and beyond is the future, but that doesn’t mean the tech giant has stopped working on new features for Windows 10. The old operating system continues to live and has been getting some love from the tech giant. Microsoft is keen to bring new Windows 11 features to...