Windows 10: 3 locked instances .exe but Unable to run .exe file

Discus and support 3 locked instances .exe but Unable to run .exe file in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I've got this serious problem recently. I can't run some .exe file. This problem happens a month ago, but now that file is able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by imgvertex, Dec 23, 2015.

1. imgvertex Win User

3 locked instances .exe but Unable to run .exe file

Hi everyone,

I've got this serious problem recently.

I can't run some .exe file. This problem happens a month ago, but now that file is able to run now, and now it got other .exe file can't run. Everytime I keep launch the .exe application file, the cursor just keep 'run in background' as I check on Task Manager, there's no application I launch. Then I tried to restart my PC, and now it got 3 instances of the .exe file I tried to run. Three processes only took 50 kb memory (This app usually normal and took 1GB memory). I tried to end the process, and it just wont let me end it and then I tried to force unlock the file, it says that svchost.exe -k netsvcs and system keep locking the file, I force unlock them, and no luck.

I can launch this app months ago, and just can't launch it today, but other app that can't launch a month ago, can be launched today. It's like
    A month ago:
    - some_game_i_usually_play.exe | had the same thing, 3 instance and can't be unlocked.
    - working_software.exe | works perfectly
    Now:
    - some_game_i_usually_play.exe | works perfectly
    - working_software.exe | had the same thing, 3 instance and can't be unlocked.

Please help, I really need to use my app right now

Thanks for the help

EDIT : Run as administrator ? Tried no luck. Just for your information, this app always runs perfectly, but not today.

EDIT : Screenshot

3 locked instances .exe but Unable to run .exe file [​IMG]

Tried to launch thea.exe, waiting for hours nothing happens, cursor keep showing 'run in background'. process didn't show on Task Manager

3 locked instances .exe but Unable to run .exe file [​IMG]

Restart computer and see that it had multiple instances thea.exe with low memory consumption (this app consume huge memory), and can't be terminated or unlock process.

:)

imgvertex, Dec 23, 2015
  2. Eandyil Win User

Windows Registry error, unable to run .exe files

I'm fairly certain the system in question picked up a virus and I'm unable to run .exe files. I've got the virus removed ((Was an av.exe file if I recall correctly)), however I can't open them still. I've run the following commands, found and fixed some
    errors... and some .exe files are now working, though not all. For instance, Steam.exe, spotify.exe, and most game .exe files I run give me an error. I feel like the registry might still associate .exe files with the missing virus, any way to check this? I've
    tried a few of the more obvious commands, listed below.

Note: Restarted and tested after reboot with the same result.

sfc /scannow

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Thanks for the info. Cheers!

Eandyil, Dec 23, 2015
  3. Unable to run a exe file in windows 10

Respected Sir/Ma'am,

I am unable to compile and run a C++ file saved with .exe extension on windows 10. Even after properly installing the mingw 16.06 compiler, it worked well for few days. But now when I run it, a message gets displayed which shows that some error has occured
    and closes the request. Even when I tried to run the c++ file on codeblocks, the same problem occured. Please help me as I am a computer student and this is a serious problem for me.

PratikPathak, Dec 23, 2015
  4. 3 locked instances .exe but Unable to run .exe file

I had some issue very recently when software can't access their own ini file (or other files in their own directory. But this should be solved when you run as administrator, or if you move the software's folder into a normal, unprotected document folder.

Fredledingue, Dec 25, 2015
Thema:

3 locked instances .exe but Unable to run .exe file

1. 3 locked instances .exe but Unable to run .exe file - Similar Threads - locked instances exe

2. .exe files will not run correctly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .exe files will not run correctly: Hello,I'm having trouble getting .exe files to run. When I try to run the file I can see that it sort of works through the task manager but it appears frozen and nothing pops up. I've checked the permissions through regedit and everything seems fine, I've tried turning off my...
  3. .exe files will not run correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .exe files will not run correctly: Hello,I'm having trouble getting .exe files to run. When I try to run the file I can see that it sort of works through the task manager but it appears frozen and nothing pops up. I've checked the permissions through regedit and everything seems fine, I've tried turning off my...
  4. unable to run *.exe files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unable to run *.exe files: unable to run *.exe files from different sources. Win 10 MS Surface pro 6 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-run-exe-files/c2331948-49a4-4c91-9b2d-a0523028ec41
  5. No exe files will run!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No exe files will run!: No exe files will run. This includes, Command Prompt, regedit, reset get started or anything else that has exe file during exicution. Using windows 10, on a hp envy laptop. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  6. Problem running an .exe file

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem running an .exe file: I tried to run an .exe from a dir on win10 by clicking on it and got a message that defender had stopped it running. i clicked for more details and i got it to run. but i did nothing to see that this won't happen again. could it? is there something we should do when...
  7. Cannot Run An .Exe file

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Run An .Exe file: I've got maybe two problems: . I put the .exe file folder in the system path but still get a 'file not found' error when it is called from another prog. and that should have been foolproof because I used the 'browse' thing. So that's maybe a problem with the path thing. ....
  8. RUN won't 'run' EXE files

in Windows 10 Support
    RUN won't 'run' EXE files: Since 1803 was loaded on 3 of my Dell laptops (various models) I've discovered that the RUN function (under Windows Start Button) won't "run" an EXE file that is located in my download folder. Same response on 3 different laptops. I have a history of the APP for these EXEs...
  9. .exe file wont run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .exe file wont run: So I'm trying to open a .exe file but all it does is show the blue loading circle and it doesn't do anything. The file wont open and when I try to download the file again it wont open. I'm currently running a windows 10. Can anyone help? 61193
  10. Problem with running .exe files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with running .exe files: Hi everyone, my friend having a problem with running .exe files. I thought it would be the best to ask here. He can't run .exe files. Sorry for my bad English. http://oi58.tinypic.com/spvnh1.jpg 20973