Windows 10: 3 Major Issues With Windows 10 Installs

Discus and support 3 Major Issues With Windows 10 Installs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Like the title says Im having 3 huge bugs with my windows 10 upgrade and I would like to find if anyone can help. 1.) On my laptop I have a mic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Shadowwrath5, Aug 15, 2015.

1. 3 Major Issues With Windows 10 Installs

Like the title says Im having 3 huge bugs with my windows 10 upgrade and I would like to find if anyone can help.

1.) On my laptop I have a mic plugged into a 3.5 mm combo port. I have the reltech 6.01 driver installed and as far as I can tell the headset is working fine (I tried other headsets to be sure). The mic works everywhere on the computer fine except skype. Now the mic works but the output is super low and you can barely hear it. Ive tried everything I could think of: reinstalled drivers, skype, restored skype user config file, maxed out the volume everywhere but nothing. The weirdest thing is that my friend has windows 10 with the exact same drive but doesnt seem to be having these issues. Does the beats audio manager thing that comes with my hp laptop have any effect on this??

2.) My desktop wont sleep. I did some searching on this one and determined it to be a audio stream and a legacy kernel that were requesting the computer to stay awake. They were getting hung so i tried a request override but I still cant get my computer to sleep. Is there anywhere else something could be preventing sleep? Here is a picture of my powercfg requests HERE. Anything I didnt do right?

3.) I have a hp Pavillion 23-h024 all in one that I also updated to windows 10. The screen now is stuck on the dimmest setting and I cant seem to get it to change. Ive checked for driver updates, Ive installed the hp my display application (it doesnt seem to have an effect on anything), installed all windows updates but nothing seems to work. When I power off and on the computer (no reset) the screen will go back to bright; but as soon as the computer goes back to sleep and wakes again the screen returns to dim. There used to be a slider under power options for the screen brightness that is now missing. This is why I installed the hp my display app becasue it was supposed to replace it but no avail.

If you have any information on these issues I would love the help. I love windows 10 but these bugs are driving me mad and waisting so much of my time. Thanks!!!

:)

Shadowwrath5, Aug 15, 2015

2. Major Issues: Forza Horizion 3

Have had this game for less than a week and have reinstalled the game twice after all troubleshooting option were unsuccessful. The game will launch for approximately 1 second and then crash. Seems to be an ongoing issue but has not been resolved according
    to my research.

TheRealBocephus, Aug 15, 2015
  3. Major Issues: Forza Horizion 3

Which version of Windows 10 is installed? Could you check out this thread and see if it could provide some clues or solution as to what might be causing the crash?

https://www.reddit.com/r/forza/comments/6dtvfx/...

Andre Da Costa, Aug 15, 2015
  4. CycleGuy Win User

3 Major Issues With Windows 10 Installs

I am having the same issues with #3 and #2. Tried updating the drivers and HP does not offer a driver set for Windows 10. Computer does not automatically go to sleep but if I put it to sleep, it returns with the brightness way down. The only way I can restore it is to restart the computer. I don't have any brightness controls anywhere in Windows 10 (setup or the action center). I have the screensaver set to my photo gallery and this doesn't seem to activate at all either.

CycleGuy, Aug 21, 2015
  5. Hey Bud, I was able to solve the second problem by just making a bootable usb of windows 10 and using that to refresh the files. Doing an upgrade doesnt seem to always work. I should have did a fresh install in the first place. Also If you have steam I think that is messing with the sleep function too. Hopefully a fix will be out soon.

For the last on I had to revert to windows 8.1. I couldnt find a fix at this time and I dont think there will be one unfortunately. Hope this helps!

Shadowwrath5, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

3 Major Issues With Windows 10 Installs

1. 3 Major Issues With Windows 10 Installs - Similar Threads - Major Issues Installs

2. Major Issues With Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Major Issues With Windows 10 Update: I've tried what seems like everything and nothing has worked. My Windows REFUSES to update and I have no idea what could be wrong. When I run sfs scan it says I need to restart my pc so Ill do that but it just says it again after; It gives me this error notification when I...
  3. Major Issues With Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Major Issues With Windows 10 Update: I've tried what seems like everything and nothing has worked. My Windows REFUSES to update and I have no idea what could be wrong. When I run sfs scan it says I need to restart my pc so Ill do that but it just says it again after; It gives me this error notification when I...
  4. 3 Major Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3 Major Issues: Hi everyone,I've had a PC for about 7 months now, and for the whole time, I've had 3 major problems.1: One day, the Bluetooth turned off, and I can't turn it back on! It doesn't appear in Device Manager, and the only way I can see it is if I click 'see hidden devices'....
  5. 3 Major Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3 Major Issues: Hi everyone,I've had a PC for about 7 months now, and for the whole time, I've had 3 major problems.1: One day, the Bluetooth turned off, and I can't turn it back on! It doesn't appear in Device Manager, and the only way I can see it is if I click 'see hidden devices'....
  6. 3 Major Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    3 Major Issues: Hi everyone,I've had a PC for about 7 months now, and for the whole time, I've had 3 major problems.1: One day, the Bluetooth turned off, and I can't turn it back on! I installed a program called 'Driver Easy', and I see this: see first picture down belowwhat does this mean?...
  7. Major Windows Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Major Windows Issues: Ive had some issues with windows over the past few days. Today I have gotten around 8 different stop codes 1. 0xc000021a 2. System Service Expection NTFS.sys failed 3. Page fault in nonpaged area 4. Kernal secruity check failure 5. Memory Management 6. System...
  8. Major issue with Clean Install of Windows 10 Pro

Major issue with Clean Install of Windows 10 Pro: Made fresh media for ISo and successfully burned it. Booted to DVD and started the install, deleted all Partitions. Pressed new, next, and got the following error: "couldn't install Windows in Location you chose." Help!! any ideas?...
  9. Major issues with Windows 10

Major issues with Windows 10: Hello, I have an Alienware 17 R3 BIOS 1.8.0, latest release with Windows 10 1909. I have been having a lot of issues lately I left system overnight and it would boot to black screen due to which I used a USB recovery tool to reinstall Windows. During the partitioning phase...
  10. Major issues with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Major issues with Windows 10: Hello, I upgraded to windows 10 and now whenever I turn my laptop on it takes ages to load. When it does finally loud up I encounter a serious problem. I have no icons on my desktop and the date/time is also missing. The taskbar is completely black apart from the start...