Windows 10: 3 Monitor svcreen color change issue on every system restart

Discus and support 3 Monitor svcreen color change issue on every system restart in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Added a large monitor to my system (actually Sony TV no longer used) but having a problem with color changes after every system restart/startup. I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by trinaz, Jan 10, 2018.

1. trinaz Win User

3 Monitor svcreen color change issue on every system restart

Added a large monitor to my system (actually Sony TV no longer used) but having a problem with color changes after every system restart/startup. I can use my NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 Control panel to get the colors/contrast/brightness, etc synced on all three monitors so the picture(s) are almost identical when I start the system...but every time I shutdown/restart the 3 monitor's color/contrast etc settings come back to their original differences.

Then they need too be manually reset again. All three are running off the NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 (2 DVI - 1 HDMI ports - have latest drivers that I know of)

These are three different brand monitors (1 Asus - 2 Samsung TVs). I'm suspecting that this is caused by the default screen color/vibrancy/contrast of the monitor/TVs at start up and then Windows pops up the desktop picture on all three...and the different native background colors are causing the variations in color tones/contrast/brightness of my desktop(s) etc ?

Is there anything I can do other than manually adjusting the colors/contrast/brightness etc after each system restart ??

Thanks...TiminAz

:)

trinaz, Jan 10, 2018

2. Display color profile (ICC) keeps resetting

Hi,

I have a Asus ROG laptop with Intel HD4600 graphics with Windows 10.

I have configured some color profiles for my laptop screen and external monitor (Dell UP2716D). The external monitor is connected via HDMI.

The problem is that the color profiles ALWAYS keep reverting to default in the following scenarios:

1) Disconnect and reconnect monitor HDMI cable

2) Change between "Extend" and "Duplicate" screen modes

In addition:

If i enter "Extend" mode and configure BOTH profiles then all is well until restart or screen mode change "Extend/Duplicate/etc". After laptop restart BOTH lose their color profile.

If i enter "Extend" mode and configure the profile ONLY for external monitor then external monitor occasionally remembers the color profile after restart. Although laptop screen profile is now overridden somehow and colors on laptop screen are very overexposed.

What could cause these issues?

I have tried updating Intel drivers, also got a response from Intel personnel stating that color profiles are managed by Windows.

Please advise how to resolve this. Even a workaround would be okay, perhaps a tool that reconfigures th proper color profiles every 5 seconds or so.

bupthebroker, Jan 10, 2018
  3. Monitor Color Calibration keeps resetting

Hello, I have an acer SA230 and have been trying to fix the monitor's color for 3 hours now. Normally, when a monitor is off color, I would simply go to the color management window and calibrate the monitor. However, every time I finish calibrating the
    monitor, the moment I click outside any color management window, the calibration resets and the monitor is again off color. I have tried reloading the ICC profile in the color management window and setting the profile as the default both locally and system
    wide, and still the monitor resets its color whenever i click outside the color management window. I have already reinstalled the drivers and have gone as far as disabling driver signature checks in order to do so. I'm not entirely sure what else could be
    done at this point other than returning the monitor.

Octillerysnacker, Jan 10, 2018
Thema:

3 Monitor svcreen color change issue on every system restart

1. 3 Monitor svcreen color change issue on every system restart - Similar Threads - Monitor svcreen color

2. Explorer restarts every 2-3 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer restarts every 2-3 minutes: Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.22000.527, time stamp: 0x59dc9944Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.22000.1, time stamp: 0x00e78ce9Exception code: 0xc0000409Fault offset: 0x000000000007dd7eFaulting process id: 0x2648Faulting application...
  3. Explorer restarts every 2-3 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer restarts every 2-3 minutes: Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.22000.527, time stamp: 0x59dc9944Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.22000.1, time stamp: 0x00e78ce9Exception code: 0xc0000409Fault offset: 0x000000000007dd7eFaulting process id: 0x2648Faulting application...
  4. monitor randomly changing colors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    monitor randomly changing colors: my monitor when left alone changes colors a bit. it becomes darker and less bright when i leave it alone for literally 2 minutes. help me now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-randomly-changing-colors/afbe4440-0ee0-494d-81ae-e32b7682e80d
  5. monitor randomly changing colors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    monitor randomly changing colors: my monitor when left alone changes colors a bit. it becomes darker and less bright when i leave it alone for literally 2 minutes. help me now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-randomly-changing-colors/afbe4440-0ee0-494d-81ae-e32b7682e80d
  6. monitor randomly changing colors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Changing Colors for the Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Colors for the Monitor: I need to know whether it is possible to configure the system to display a certain color differently. For example, I want to change the white color to dark yellow, so that the monitor may never display 100 percent white color, displaying the specified yellow hue instead....
  8. Changing color tint of my monitor

Changing color tint of my monitor: Last month until this month I experienced a change of color of my tint on my monitor. Sometimes it is a normal "white" and sometimes it is a little "orange" or "yellow green". I haven't changed my color calibration but I do have a f.lux app so I can lower my brightness. But...
  9. Every color on my monitor is different

Every color on my monitor is different: I just bought a monitor and I just picked it up today at BestBuy. It is an LG - UltraGear 24" LED FHD FreeSync Monitor - Black Model:24GL600F SKU:6357416 Every color on it is just wrong like I'm looking up these colors on google and it is all wrong. I looked up "color...
  10. changing system folder color

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    changing system folder color: Hi, It is confusing to switch between files and folders in different drives (C, E, usb1, usb2 etc...). Is it possible to assign a color to folders, files and the outline of opened windows according to the drive (Blue for "C" drive, green for usb1, etc...) ? Therefore, it...