Windows 10: 3 Questions about the i5 Processor for Gaming

Discus and support 3 Questions about the i5 Processor for Gaming in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; OK I'm confused. I plan on buying a 6500 since most of you guys believe its enough for gaming and overclocking isn't needed for gaming. That being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ruzzi, Apr 18, 2016.

1. BunnyJ New Member

3 Questions about the i5 Processor for Gaming

It does so you can use the stock cooler from Intel.

BunnyJ, Apr 19, 2016
  2. kipper Win User

The i5 6500 is all you will need..................however, the OEM cooler that Intel boxes with this unit is not really all that great of a cooler.....

Just go with the 6500 and I would recommend the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO cooler.........this cooler is so easy to install and it will sit nicely in the case you say you are going to buy.......

kipper, Apr 19, 2016
  3. ruzzi Win User
    No problem.. I'll go ahead and buy the one you suggested.

ruzzi, Apr 19, 2016
  4. 3 Questions about the i5 Processor for Gaming

First off any CPU you use is going to need a cooler no matter what anyone tells you they simple will shut down within 3 minutes without a cooler

If you are going to be gaming it makes more sense to get the more powerful of the 2 and just because one is overclockable doesn't mean you can't use it till it's time to overclock and get more millage with it the person who is helping you or better yet guiding you is sort of selling you short

The time it would take you to learn how to overclock and get the best bang out of your chip the happier you'll be the main parts to a good gaming rig is CPU ,GPU ,RAM those are key factors remember get subpar parts expect subpar performance bottom line

solarstarshines, Apr 20, 2016
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    The 6500 comes with a nice stock cooler and it's more than adequate if the OP is not going to overclock. And the 6600k doesn't so he would have to get a third party cooler.

BunnyJ, Apr 20, 2016
  6. I understand this but my point is for future dealings he can overclock to get more millage i understand some of us have budgets but just stating long term facts

A third party cooler if on air is at the most $40 for a good one now water is another story

7. BunnyJ New Member
    I don't think he's really going to need to overclock for gaming. If he were to get the 6600k there would be no reason to overclock. The processor has more than enough power to meet the needs of gaming. I would concentrate on the graphic card more than overclocking.

BunnyJ, Apr 20, 2016
  8. ruzzi Win User

Hi BunnyJ. That's what I wanted to know. I just want a CPU thats future proof for gaming for the next 4 - 5 years. One that provides smooth gaming without the need to spend more to upgrade during that time.

Therefore, I think the i5 6600 will do just that according to your opinion.

ruzzi, Apr 20, 2016
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    I really think that would be the best choice. The price is not that much higher and it's just a better overall process. Get a good cooler and a great graphic card and you're all set.

BunnyJ, Apr 20, 2016
  10. kipper Win User
    I don't think anyone can predict what the next 4 or 5 years is going to bring to the gaming arena.....

But the 6500 should serve you nicely for a good time to come.....

kipper, Apr 20, 2016
  11. LMiller7 Win User
    There really is no such thing as future proofing. Nobody knows what PC gaming will be like 4-5 years from now. Experience from the past 5 years may provide a meaningful guide, or it may not. There are too many unknowns, too many unknowables.

LMiller7, Apr 20, 2016
  12. ruzzi Win User
    That's not true. There are many who enjoy gaming the latest games with 5 year old hardware.

ruzzi, Apr 20, 2016
  13. 3 Questions about the i5 Processor for Gaming

Again i don't know how much clearer i can be about future usage for longevity sure the GPU has a ton to do with it as i mentioned the Three things to focus on is the CPU GPU AND RAM if you're gaming those will make and break you hence the suggestion so if he wants subpar perfomance by all means get the lesser of the two but when times comes the CPU is struggling and he can't overclock it to help a little will end up just buying another setup which he wouldn't need if he had a overclockable chip

In the end i am giving him the best true advice if you want it to last longer you need to get better parts the 6600k can be good for atleast 5 years especially with a nice overclock after he learns the process and with the new intel chips all you need to do is up the multiplyer and lock it in there is nothing to it

14. LMiller7 Win User
    That may be true now. But there is no guarantee that will be true 5 years from now. We can make guesses about the future based on previous experience but they are still guesses, which may be VERY wrong. The future will bring what the future brings and we can't know what that is until it becomes the present.

LMiller7, Apr 21, 2016
  15. Bottom line of all of this is get the best bang for your buck and at the same time get the most powerful CPU you could afford not only for gaming but other task as well

Games are very demanding these days and just because you have a kick butt GPU doesn't mean there won't be bottle necking or struggling

The best bang for Buck Combination would be I5-6600K with a GTX 970 -or regular 980 like me i have G1'S that are damn near close to TI's so to me i am happy with them even though their not the Top Dogs

Anyway my point is if your going to build a Rig try to build the best possible one so you can get some Millage from it

After all that will be for daily use and what ever you need it for wouldn't you want it to be Powerful enough for everything ?

solarstarshines, Apr 21, 2016
Thema:

1. 3 Questions about the i5 Processor for Gaming - Similar Threads - Questions Processor Gaming

2. About game question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About game question: I don't know if I should ask this question on here but im having problem with my game called roblox when I like launch it and play for few minutes it closes the game that im playing randomly i dont know what to do because i tried everything reinstall or cleaning my cache...
  3. About game question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About game question: I don't know if I should ask this question on here but im having problem with my game called roblox when I like launch it and play for few minutes it closes the game that im playing randomly i dont know what to do because i tried everything reinstall or cleaning my cache...
  4. Question about paid games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about paid games: I have a lot of paid games, And I want to know which of them can be run on PC. So how can I distinguish them ? Check it one by one ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-paid-games/00ea5156-5620-4681-a417-68dbcf1a3d61
  5. Question about paid games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about paid games: I have a lot of paid games, And I want to know which of them can be run on PC. So how can I distinguish them ? Check it one by one ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-paid-games/00ea5156-5620-4681-a417-68dbcf1a3d61
  6. Question about paid games

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  7. 3 questions about Disk Management.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    3 questions about Disk Management.: 1. What will happen if I delete the free space?2. How can I move the free space to C Drive?3. How can I convert E to a Primary Partition?Note: Free Space = Whatever is shown in the photo....
  8. A Question about Processor Scheduling Win32PrioritySeparation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A Question about Processor Scheduling Win32PrioritySeparation: A reference screenshot of the window:I'm trying to maximize the FPS I am getting in games. So, some YouTubers say that setting Processor Scheduling to Programs in Performance Options gives more FPS, while some say that setting it to background services gives more FPS.I'm...
  9. Question about Macro in a Game

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about Macro in a Game: Yesterday I succesfully created my first Macro with the help of a program I found which is called MiniMouseMacro, it worked very well for my intended purpose, but I was wondering if at all it would be possible to have a macro inside a program running in the background while...
  10. Question about processor/ram when choosing laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about processor/ram when choosing laptop: Hey guys, would you rather have a laptop with a Intel i3 and 8gb of ram or i5 with 4gb of ram. My buddy is getting a laptop with these 2 configurations, obviously it’s because of his budget and he asked me which one. I would select i3 with 8 but I’m not so sure 150336