Windows 10: 3 Questions about the i5 Processor for Gaming

Discus and support 3 Questions about the i5 Processor for Gaming in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi there One problem you *Might* find with some I5's is that ECC isn't supported -- this could be a problem if you decide to "Cannabilize" some server... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ruzzi, Apr 18, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

3 Questions about the i5 Processor for Gaming

Hi there
    One problem you *Might* find with some I5's is that ECC isn't supported -- this could be a problem if you decide to "Cannabilize" some server parts for creating gaming rigs. (Micro servers have great small footprints and robust enterprise strength components so if you can physically get your graphics card into one these make a good rig and occupy very little space -- also built for 24 hr operation too. !!)

A great good performing CPU if you can find them is Xeon E3-1230V2 -- ECC no problem and 4 cores. It's slot compatible with some I5's and a lot better performer. You can find them from time to time but usually supplies are snapped up pretty quick as this CPU was really great value for money from INTEL.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 22, 2016
  2. ruzzi Win User

They may be more affordable but they're prone to defects.

ruzzi, Apr 23, 2016
  3. ruzzi Win User
    ruzzi, Apr 23, 2016
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Looks good to me and I wouldn't change a thing.

BunnyJ, Apr 23, 2016
  5. kipper Win User
    Gonna be a nice system.......good choices all.....

Now, you better hit the submit payment button before you do change your mind.........

kipper, Apr 23, 2016
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    +1.. time to pull that trigger.

BunnyJ, Apr 23, 2016
  7. CountMike New Member
    What defects ? Something like Skylake "bendgate" or microcode errors ? Pentium 4 FPU errors ?
    I used AMD processors since '90s and never lost one even after maximum OC and 24/7 run.
    Processor dependability is not big concern any more, you'd have to make huge mistake to damage any nowadays.

CountMike, Apr 24, 2016
  8. ruzzi Win User

What are you talking about? Skylake bendgate? Pentium 4 errors? We're about AMD not Intel. Read the previous post again. Again I'm taking about AMD not Intel

ruzzi, Apr 24, 2016
  9. CountMike New Member
    OK, tel me about AMD "defects" !!!

CountMike, Apr 24, 2016
  10. ruzzi Win User
    I've talked to a few people who told me their bad experiences with AMD chips. They urged me to buy them.

ruzzi, Apr 24, 2016
  11. CountMike New Member
    That's no proof of anything, I used both ever since they were made first, my first computer was i8084 back in early '80s when only Intel existed. Others were based on Zilog and Motorola chips. There was good and bad sides to all of them. Listening to rumors can bring only misunderstanding. Spreading them without any knowledge doesn't help anybody.

CountMike, Apr 24, 2016
  12. BunnyJ New Member
    I agree.. AMD makes some great processors and I use one now and have for some time. Later on this year I might upgrade my A8-6600K to the A10-7890K. It matches up very well with the I5-6600K

Intel Core i5 6600K vs AMD A10 7850K
    That's a model lower but it should give you a good idea on how they match up. Bottom line, there are lots of Intel fans that will put down AMD at every chance., If you want to save then look into and A10.

BunnyJ, Apr 24, 2016
  13. CountMike New Member

Right, all AMD is falling behind from comparable Intel processors is at single threaded applications/games and there's less and less of them.
    If you want value, go to AMD, only top Intel processors are in the class by itself. On the other hand, Zen is coming and I'm waiting for it to think about upgrade. For now, my FX 6350 @4.8 GHz is doing even more than I actually need. Very little visible difference from my older Phenom II x4 965Be @4.3 GHz.

CountMike, Apr 24, 2016
  14. ruzzi Win User
    Theyre not rumors. The guys who told me this manage computer stores. I doubt they're wasting their business time creating a conspiracy to bring down AMD.

I'm not a fan of either Intel or AMD. There's lots of frustrated AMD owners who hate the truth.

ruzzi, Apr 25, 2016
  15. CountMike New Member
    And so are many with Intel, me for instance. My pet peeve with Intel, locked processors, I love OC. Expensive, just because they can. Changing sockets for every new processor family. Lousy sockets with bad solution for pins that can bend when you look at them wrong way necessitating MB change, if I had a penny for every time I heard and seen ruined MB because of a slight error mounting CPU, I would be millionaire. Only some processors can support full PCIe multi GPU configuration at x16, CF or SLI. IGPUs not up to par with APUs. Want me to continue ?
    There's a lot of hell in Intel paradise.

CountMike, Apr 25, 2016
Thema:

1. 3 Questions about the i5 Processor for Gaming - Similar Threads - Questions Processor Gaming

2. About game question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About game question: I don't know if I should ask this question on here but im having problem with my game called roblox when I like launch it and play for few minutes it closes the game that im playing randomly i dont know what to do because i tried everything reinstall or cleaning my cache...
  3. About game question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About game question: I don't know if I should ask this question on here but im having problem with my game called roblox when I like launch it and play for few minutes it closes the game that im playing randomly i dont know what to do because i tried everything reinstall or cleaning my cache...
  4. Question about paid games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about paid games: I have a lot of paid games, And I want to know which of them can be run on PC. So how can I distinguish them ? Check it one by one ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-paid-games/00ea5156-5620-4681-a417-68dbcf1a3d61
  5. Question about paid games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about paid games: I have a lot of paid games, And I want to know which of them can be run on PC. So how can I distinguish them ? Check it one by one ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-paid-games/00ea5156-5620-4681-a417-68dbcf1a3d61
  6. Question about paid games

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  7. 3 questions about Disk Management.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    3 questions about Disk Management.: 1. What will happen if I delete the free space?2. How can I move the free space to C Drive?3. How can I convert E to a Primary Partition?Note: Free Space = Whatever is shown in the photo....
  8. A Question about Processor Scheduling Win32PrioritySeparation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A Question about Processor Scheduling Win32PrioritySeparation: A reference screenshot of the window:I'm trying to maximize the FPS I am getting in games. So, some YouTubers say that setting Processor Scheduling to Programs in Performance Options gives more FPS, while some say that setting it to background services gives more FPS.I'm...
  9. Question about Macro in a Game

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about Macro in a Game: Yesterday I succesfully created my first Macro with the help of a program I found which is called MiniMouseMacro, it worked very well for my intended purpose, but I was wondering if at all it would be possible to have a macro inside a program running in the background while...
  10. Question about processor/ram when choosing laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about processor/ram when choosing laptop: Hey guys, would you rather have a laptop with a Intel i3 and 8gb of ram or i5 with 4gb of ram. My buddy is getting a laptop with these 2 configurations, obviously it’s because of his budget and he asked me which one. I would select i3 with 8 but I’m not so sure 150336