Windows 10: 3 tb hdd

Discus and support 3 tb hdd in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all, I have just installed my new WD 3TB drive into my system and everything seemed fine. I partitioned and formatted the drive without issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Doorpro, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Doorpro Win User

3 tb hdd

Hello all,

I have just installed my new WD 3TB drive into my system and everything seemed fine. I partitioned and formatted the drive without issue and went ahead loading it with my files etc.

All seemed fine until I rebooted my system and now it wont boot up, In fact it gets stuck at the PCs manufacturer splash screen I and cannot do a thing until I unplug the 3TB drive and I have tried different sata cables and different slots on my MB but I cannot get the system to boot whilst the new drive is installed so I have removed it.

Any help will be great fully appreciated on this what should have been a simple install.

Regards,
    Doug.

:)

Doorpro, Jul 22, 2017

2. Storagespace, want to change SATA Controller for Devices

Hi all,

i've running a parity storage pool of 3 x 4TB Sata HDD's on two different 2 Port SATA Controller.

1. Could i switch thoose drives without loose of data to an other 4 Port SATA Controller?

For example:

1 x 3 x TB HDD on SATA Controller 1 Port 1

1 x 3 x TB HDD on SATA Controller 2 Port 0

1 x 3 x TB HDD on SATA Controller 2 Port 1

Swtiched to...

1 x 3 x TB HDD on SATA Controller 3 Port 0

1 x 3 x TB HDD on SATA Controller 3 Port 1

1 x 3 x TB HDD on SATA Controller 3 Port 2

2. What happens when i switch the assignment between the Controllers and the HDDs?

For example:

Switched to...

Please help me to figure out what happens in the two szenario's. I won't test this on my livesystem and there is no testsystem given.

Many thanks

Toady Toadsen, Jul 22, 2017
  3. wchusky Win User
    Windows 10 Storage Space Not Rebalancing with newly added hard drive

I created a storage space with 2x 2 TB HDDs in two way mirror mode. It ran out of space and hit 100%. I added a 3rd 3 TB drive to the pool but it won't rebalance itself. Anyway to force the drives to rebalance all the files among 3 drives?

wchusky, Jul 22, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

3 tb hdd

Your My Computer [bottom left] has no information about the computer. Without other information about can only ask, how old is it? Could be the BIOS is limited on such large HDDs.

Berton, Jul 22, 2017
  5. sygnus21 Win User
    • How old is the PC?
    • What motherboard is this?
    • Will the motherboard allow for a 3TB HD?
    • Check for BIOS update

sygnus21, Jul 22, 2017
  6. Doorpro Win User
    The PC is about three yrs old. I will check all of the above.

Doorpro, Jul 22, 2017
  7. Doorpro Win User
    The PC is a Gateway DX4870 that was bought in late 2014 and the BIOS that I have seems to be the latest...
    American megatrends Inc. P11-A4, 4/10/2013.
    I cannot seem to find a newer version so this may not be the issue and nothing on the Gateway website is newer that 2012.

Doorpro, Jul 22, 2017
  8. Doorpro Win User

3 tb hdd

Well I should have left well alone when the BIOS looked good. I have now done something that has killed the PC and it wont boot at all I think that I have corrupted the bios and I have no idea where to go next. Help please.

Doorpro, Jul 22, 2017
  9. bobkn Win User
    I suggest that you clear the CMOS, which will return the BIOS settings to their original state.

There ought to be a jumper for that, but since Acer doesn't make a real manual for the DX4870 available for download, I'm not sure where it is. An alternate way to reset the CMOS is to disconnect the PC from the mains power, and carefully remove the CMOS backup battery. (It's commonly a 2032 coin cell.)

Good luck.

bobkn, Jul 22, 2017
  10. Doorpro Win User
    Bobkn,

I tried all of the above with no luck. The jumper is easy to find and removing the battery also simple but nothing worked so perhaps the MB just died. Anyway, I went out and bought a new PC but I want to thank you and everyone else for their comments, help and time.

regards,
    Doug

Doorpro, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

3 tb hdd

1. 3 tb hdd - Similar Threads - hdd

2. আমার ল্যাপটপটি অন করলে enter hdd Password দেখায় কিন্তু পাসওয়ার্ড আমি জানি না এখন কিভাবে...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    আমার ল্যাপটপটি অন করলে enter hdd Password দেখায় কিন্তু পাসওয়ার্ড আমি জানি না এখন কিভাবে...: আমার ডেল ব্রান্ড ল্যাপটপ। ল্যাপটপটি অন করার সময় Enter HDD Password চাচ্ছে, পাসওয়ার্ড আমি জানি না। এখন ল্যাপটপটির সমস্যা কিভাবে সমাধান করা যায় অনুগ্রহ করে সাহায্য করুন।...
  3. আমার ল্যাপটপটি অন করলে enter hdd Password দেখায় কিন্তু পাসওয়ার্ড আমি জানি না এখন কিভাবে...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    আমার ল্যাপটপটি অন করলে enter hdd Password দেখায় কিন্তু পাসওয়ার্ড আমি জানি না এখন কিভাবে...: আমার ডেল ব্রান্ড ল্যাপটপ। ল্যাপটপটি অন করার সময় Enter HDD Password চাচ্ছে, পাসওয়ার্ড আমি জানি না। এখন ল্যাপটপটির সমস্যা কিভাবে সমাধান করা যায় অনুগ্রহ করে সাহায্য করুন।...
  4. My 1TB HDD drive shows only 33 mb of full storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My 1TB HDD drive shows only 33 mb of full storage: Hi. Like in the topic I tried to insert my 1tb hdd drive back again and it shows up only 33MB of storage, not only in disk managment but everywhere u can search for it. Is there any solution for that? Thanks for replying and have a good day :...
  5. My 1TB HDD drive shows only 33 mb of full storage

My 1TB HDD drive shows only 33 mb of full storage: Hi. Like in the topic I tried to insert my 1tb hdd drive back again and it shows up only 33MB of storage, not only in disk managment but everywhere u can search for it. Is there any solution for that? Thanks for replying and have a good day :...
  6. My 1TB HDD drive shows only 33 mb of full storage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Why has my HDD suddenly been recognised as an ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has my HDD suddenly been recognised as an ssd: Ok guys need help please,I've recently changed my HDD for a new one,and suddenly my SSD has disappeared,and for some reason the hard drive is now seen as the SSD .I have a HP pavilion notebook 17-ab051ha,been working fine until I put the new hard drive in,The SSD doesn't show...
  8. Why has my HDD suddenly been recognised as an ssd

Why has my HDD suddenly been recognised as an ssd: Ok guys need help please,I've recently changed my HDD for a new one,and suddenly my SSD has disappeared,and for some reason the hard drive is now seen as the SSD .I have a HP pavilion notebook 17-ab051ha,been working fine until I put the new hard drive in,The SSD doesn't show...
  9. Why has my HDD suddenly been recognised as an ssd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. can i plug in an old hdd with windows 7 into my windows 11 laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i plug in an old hdd with windows 7 into my windows 11 laptop?: Hi, I have an old pc with windows 7 on it, and I want to clean the hdd. Can i just plug the hdd into my windows 11 laptop and clean all the files on the hdd? The pc itself is too slow to delete all these things, and I cant factory reset it, because i don't have a disk to...