Windows 10: 3 virtual switches does not work

Discus and support 3 virtual switches does not work in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I've made 3 virtual machines at hyper-v on windows 10 x64 professional, also I made 3 virtual switches, but the networking including host does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by windstory, Nov 15, 2015.

1. windstory Win User

3 virtual switches does not work

I've made 3 virtual machines at hyper-v on windows 10 x64 professional, also I made 3 virtual switches, but the networking including host does not work.

1. 1 external and 2 internal switches

3 virtual switches does not work [​IMG]

The last photo is windows 7 vm.

I studied this guide - Hyper-V VM - Install CentOS Linux in Windows 10 Hyper-V VM - Install CentOS Linux in Windows 10 .

How to open 3 virtual machines at same time, with network working?

Any helpful comments would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

:)

windstory, Nov 15, 2015

2. Canon ImageGlass MF4350d don't print after window 10 updates got error when printing but scan work.

Yes. I am able to get printer to work but it takes me countless hours to fix the issue. I uninstall all the printer drivers.--That does not work because each time, once I reboot and plugin USB cable, Windows 10 add printer automatically and also the printer
    driver because it's multi function fax driver was assign to virtual USB 2 and printer Driver was assign to virtual USB 1. Each time Scanner always work but not printer. Then I remove printer driver that printer assign and switch driver to original driver that
    call cannon 4350 also switch port to virtual USB 2. It sends data to printer but it does not print because it considers be fax info. To resolve the issue. I remove both virtual USB 1 and 2 ports. But I cannot remove virtual USB 2 port, it allows me to remove
    virtual USB 1. Then I add 3 more USB 1, 2 and 3 as local ports then I reboot my laptop then I move Fax Driver to Virtual USB2 port and move printer Driver to local USB 1 that I create. Once I did this; both printer and scanner work. In summary the ports are
    the issue not the driver. I no longer has virtual USB1 port but I have Iocal USB 1, 2 and 3. I believe only Local USB1 are usable. I just leave them there because everything is working properly now.

Bill Phothirath, Nov 15, 2015
  3. abeta201 Win User
    Windows 10 Virtual Desktops in Tablet Mode

Is there any way to keep virtual desktops when I switch to tablet mode on my Surface Pro 3? I would love to start using virtual desktops, but since I switch between tablet and normal computer mode often, my virtual desktops disappear and all of the windows
    on a second virtual desktop move to the first in tablet mode.

abeta201, Nov 15, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

I think you have misunderstood something here. To connect all your virtual machines to the network and Internet, you only need one external switch. All your virtual machines should then use this same external switch. You don't need to use a different switch on each vm; in fact, if you do so, the networking between your virtual machines will not work because they all belong to different networks.

Short: create one virtual switch, set all your virtual machines to use it.

5. windstory Win User
    Kari/

I appreciate for your kind and detailed explanation!

windstory, Nov 15, 2015
  6. Kari Win User
    You are welcome. It's a common mistake that each Hyper-V virtual machine needs its own virtual switch.

Kari, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. 3 virtual switches does not work - Similar Threads - virtual switches does

2. Switching Between Virtual Desktop Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching Between Virtual Desktop Not Working: After my Laptop sleeps, I cannot use any shortcut to switch between virtual desktops. Neither the Ctrl+Win+ArrowLeft/ArrowRight nor swiping left or right with four fingers on my trackpad. It goes back to working if I restart my device or occasionally after my machine...
  3. Switching Between Virtual Desktop Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switching Between Virtual Desktop Not Working: After my Laptop sleeps, I cannot use any shortcut to switch between virtual desktops. Neither the Ctrl+Win+ArrowLeft/ArrowRight nor swiping left or right with four fingers on my trackpad. It goes back to working if I restart my device or occasionally after my machine...
  4. Virtual desktop switching animation not working on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual desktop switching animation not working on windows 11: Hello, I recently upgraded on windows 11. I notice that virtual desktop switching animation is not working. Please someone tell to how to fix this?...
  5. Virtual desktop switching animation not working on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtual desktop switching animation not working on windows 11: Hello, I recently upgraded on windows 11. I notice that virtual desktop switching animation is not working. Please someone tell to how to fix this?...
  6. Keyboard shortcut for switching Virtual Desktops no longer working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard shortcut for switching Virtual Desktops no longer working: Anyone having the same issue, or had the same issue and managed to resolve it? Did a fresh install of windows 10 to declutter my drive and it's still not working. Shortcut was 'ctrl + win + left or right cursor'. I tried different combinations alt/shift etc. None worked....
  7. Virtual desktop switch

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virtual desktop switch: Windows 10, laptop. Sometimes when I log onto my PC, the virtual desktop switches to the furthest on the right. I haven't seen anyone having the same problem, and it's bothering me. submitted by /u/grzesiu447 [link] [comments]...
  8. Removing old virtual switches

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Removing old virtual switches: I C! Yeah, I don't use the default switch because it has been disconnected from everything since a few host upgrades ago. I also had DL speed issues on host when using an external switch, but now all seems fine... EDIT: Tested real life single file DL speed from a...
  9. Switching virtual desktops to the right doesn't work

Switching virtual desktops to the right doesn't work: Hi, I have the following problem: switching virtual desktops to the right (CTRL+WIN+Right Arrow) doesn't work. On the other hand, when I go to e.g. desktop number 3 (using WIN+TAB and mouse) I can switch to the left using CTRL+WIN+Left Arrow without any difficulties......
  10. Virtual desktop switch

Virtual desktop switch: win+tab opens virtual desktop switch ... but by repeated press it again disappears instead of continuing to next desktop :/ do you know how to advance to next desktop ? by keyboard not by pointing cursor over 2nd desktop ??? (win+tab+1 .... did not worked) alt+tab -...