Windows 10: 32 Bit IE 11?

Discus and support 32 Bit IE 11? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Is there a way to get a 32 bit version of IE11, running on a 64 bit machine? I was able to do that for my Win7 installation, which is needed for... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by StephenRockower, Jul 4, 2016.

1. 32 Bit IE 11?

Is there a way to get a 32 bit version of IE11, running on a 64 bit machine? I was able to do that for my Win7 installation, which is needed for certain medical software (that doesn't keep up!!! *Confused)

:)

StephenRockower, Jul 4, 2016
  2. AC2017 Win User

IE 11 32 bit version is no longer working in Windows 10, how to repair? Must have it for school program.

I have a new PC purchased a few months ago which is running Widows 10 Home 64 bit operating system. IE 32 bit was previously working on here and has recently stopped. Resetting the IE browser settings did nothing, and there is no add-on interference. Even
    when I launch IE 11 with the 32 bit (Program files x86) launcher it opens in the 64 bit version. I have ran windows updates and under the Internet Options advanced setting the box for 64 bit Enhanced Protection Mode is also unchecked. I have no previous IE
    versions on my system to restore to since the PC is so new. I HAVE TO HAVE 32 bit
    for a program for my school, and it will not work with anything else. The school site even opened in compatibility mode ( as IE version 7) still leaves parts of the schools program not working correctly because it is not in 32 bit.

How do you suggest I get the 32 bit version of IE working again? Is there an IE 32 bit repair program I can run? Was a 32 bit component possibly deleted by an antivirus program during a scan?

Why on earth is there no way uninstall and reinstall IE or have the ability to turn IE back to an earlier version? EDGE is useless, I cannot use this program for school.

Thank you.

AC2017, Jul 4, 2016
  3. Upgrade internet explorer from 32 bit to 64 bit (currently runnng on a 64 bit Windows 10 pc), How ?

On 64-bit Windows 10, you have both 64-bit and 32-bit IE installed.

What's telling you that you're running 32-bit IE11?

Don

Don Varnau, Jul 4, 2016
  4. Phone Man Win User

32 Bit IE 11?

If I remember correctly there is no 32bit IE11 anymore. The main program is 64bit and extensions can be 32 or 64.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Jul 4, 2016
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    BunnyJ, Jul 4, 2016
  6. ARC1020 Win User
    If you have 'Enable Enhanced Protected Mode' and 'Enable 64-bit processes for Enhanced Protected Mode' ticked in Internet Explorer Options, then Internet Explorer will always run 64-bit Internet Explorer, even if you run iexplore.exe directly from C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\.

32 Bit IE 11? [​IMG]

If you have 'Enable Enhanced Protected Mode' and 'Enable 64-bit processes for Enhanced Protected Mode' unticked in Internet Explorer Options, then you can run 32-bit Internet Explorer, however looking at Process Explorer it runs as a child process under a 64-bit Internet Explorer process (see below screenshot). The child process is still technically 32-bit, so you could try it with your browser extensions to see if they work correctly, afterall compatibility reasons are the only reason why 32-bit IE is still on 64-bit machines and why these two settings aren't enabled by default.

32 Bit IE 11? [​IMG]

ARC1020, Jul 4, 2016
  7. Berton Win User
    There appears to be both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of IE11 on Win10, the 64-bit version is in C:\Program Files and the 32-bit version is in C:\Program Files (x86). This image has the the Details of the 32-bit version on the left and 64-bit on the right.

32 Bit IE 11? [​IMG]

Berton, Jul 4, 2016
  8. 32 Bit IE 11?

MS will not let me download it to run on my Win10 system.
    Bah

StephenRockower, Jul 5, 2016
  9. OK, I got the 32 bit file. The 64 Enhanced check marks were already unchecked.
    I <think> it is working now.

Thanks for your help

StephenRockower, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

32 Bit IE 11?

1. 32 Bit IE 11? - Similar Threads - Bit

2. how can i bypass bit locker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i bypass bit locker: i have a lenovo ideapad 3 and as soon as i turn it on it asks for bitlocker code which i do not have and it wont let me do anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-bypass-bit-locker/7745068d-6526-41a2-a3c2-de47920529a5
  3. how can i bypass bit locker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i bypass bit locker: i have a lenovo ideapad 3 and as soon as i turn it on it asks for bitlocker code which i do not have and it wont let me do anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-bypass-bit-locker/7745068d-6526-41a2-a3c2-de47920529a5
  4. why is my mouse cursor freezing a bit when hovering it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my mouse cursor freezing a bit when hovering it: I have tried uninstalling mouse driver and tried to update it, changed mouse HZ, also tried to perform cmd commands like sfc /scannow, but it still doesn't work....
  5. why is my mouse cursor freezing a bit when hovering it

why is my mouse cursor freezing a bit when hovering it: I have tried uninstalling mouse driver and tried to update it, changed mouse HZ, also tried to perform cmd commands like sfc /scannow, but it still doesn't work....
  6. My windows 10 64 bit pc upgraded from win 7 will no longer boot up with the error code...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 10 64 bit pc upgraded from win 7 will no longer boot up with the error code...: My windows 10 64 bit pc upgraded from win 7 will no longer boot up with the error code 0x000000f also saying the boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible. Can anyone help?...
  7. My windows 10 64 bit pc upgraded from win 7 will no longer boot up with the error code...

My windows 10 64 bit pc upgraded from win 7 will no longer boot up with the error code...: My windows 10 64 bit pc upgraded from win 7 will no longer boot up with the error code 0x000000f also saying the boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible. Can anyone help?...
  8. My windows 10 64 bit pc upgraded from win 7 will no longer boot up with the error code...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. i got my pc reset and now the font in browsers, file explorer looks a bit different

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i got my pc reset and now the font in browsers, file explorer looks a bit different: i got my pc reset by a repair shop for ram and other stuff and now microsoft edge, file explorer fonts look a bit different. here are some examples:-...
  10. i got my pc reset and now the font in browsers, file explorer looks a bit different

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i got my pc reset and now the font in browsers, file explorer looks a bit different: i got my pc reset by a repair shop for ram and other stuff and now microsoft edge, file explorer fonts look a bit different. here are some examples:-...