Windows 10: 360 Security Center

Discus and support 360 Security Center in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; A Chinese version of 360 Security Center suddenly appeared on my computer. I did not knowingly install it. Now it has taken over Windows Defender and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EdwardinShanghai, Jul 26, 2018.

1. 360 Security Center

A Chinese version of 360 Security Center suddenly appeared on my computer. I did not knowingly install it. Now it has taken over Windows Defender and is causing constant trouble. I tried to uninstall it, but it would not allow it. Windows Support tried to, but the App just went underground. It is not visible anywhere, but it still operates in the background. How do I get rid of it completely without reinstalling Windows?

:)

EdwardinShanghai, Jul 26, 2018

2. Windows keeps turning off the security center.

Hi Maninder,

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + R and type Services.msc then hit enter.
    • Services Console will appear.
    • Find Security Center Service on the right details pane > right click it choose properties >
    • Security Center Properties should appear > on the General Tab
    set start-up type to automatic (Delayed start)

• On service Status Stop and then Start.

If this does not works & error still continues then there are more chances that your system is infected

Let us know the status of the issue in regards with Security Center. Your reply is important to assist you further.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jul 26, 2018
  3. Borg 386 Win User
    windows defender & security center services keep turning off

Are you running any other AV or did you have one running in the past? If you didn't use an uninstaller for the AV, then the remnants of it could be causing the problem. Normally any time you install an AV it disables Defender by default.

If you are getting any error codes please list those, that will be helpful in helping you.

As torre suggested, might be a good idea to do a reset or even a reinstall.

Reset Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

There are also some suggestions listed here:

Unable to turn on Windows Defender in Windows 7 / 8 / 10

Borg 386, Jul 26, 2018
  4. 360 Security Center

Windows 10 Security Center Service can't be started

I am also having a probem starting windows security center. When I did the following step: I found the following disabled:

Security center properties

Windows update properties

Security center WSCSV

Remote registry

net.tcp port sharing

internet connection sharing

COMODO LPS launcher

COMODO Internet security

Auto time zone update

Should these be enabled and if so how do I enable them?

I have no defense toward any threats at this time. Please help!!

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + R on the keyboard.
    • Type “Services.msc” without quotes and press Enter.
    • Locate for Remote Procedure Call (RPC) and Windows Management Instrumentation.
    • Check whether the following services are Started and set to Automatic.

vickibaughman, Jul 26, 2018
Thema:

360 Security Center

1. 360 Security Center - Similar Threads - 360 Security Center

2. i'm missing windows security center /security center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i'm missing windows security center /security center: i'm missing windows security center in services local and its shows windows security center services cant be started https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-missing-windows-security-center-security-center/562640a7-03f6-49c3-9c41-d35f9cafd777
  3. i'm missing windows security center /security center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i'm missing windows security center /security center: i'm missing windows security center in services local and its shows windows security center services cant be started https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-missing-windows-security-center-security-center/562640a7-03f6-49c3-9c41-d35f9cafd777
  4. Security Center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Center: My win Defender and my whole system is now broken cause of the security center i cant turn it on or restart i cant even update windows ples help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-center/1c12daa7-9691-49cf-8617-36f02b57992b
  5. Security Center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security Center: My win Defender and my whole system is now broken cause of the security center i cant turn it on or restart i cant even update windows ples help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-center/1c12daa7-9691-49cf-8617-36f02b57992b
  6. Security Center

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Deleting 360 Total Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleting 360 Total Security: Hi Community, I have seen quite a few 'can't delete 360 total security'. You cannot delete a running program. Remedy: Start -> Control Panel -> Administration -> Admin Tools -> Services, or Type "Services" into Cortana and press Enter. Search for 360 Total Security....
  8. security center

security center: how do i get mcafee security off my pc. i have purchased nortons and installed but i cant get rid of mcafee. it just wont uninstall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/security-center/733b71c2-9c97-4fb0-b0f2-694b1960b649
  9. Security Center

Security Center: Why after any restart does Security Center ask to set up OneDrive. I use personal OneDrive for some personal files, about 500mg of space. I don't need it for anything more. If I open Security Center and click on "Virus Protection" the message goes away, until the next...
  10. Thoughts on 360 Total Security

Thoughts on 360 Total Security: I am not familiar with this software at all, so I wanted to see what the community thought about it. I see they have an all-in-one as well as an AV-only product. I'm always on the lookout for useful (free) utilities for all the family and friend computers I end up supporting....