Windows 10: 3D Print with 3D Builder context menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10

Discus and support 3D Print with 3D Builder context menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: 3D Print with 3D Builder context menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove 3D Print with 3D Builder context menu in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Ten Forward, Aug 19, 2016.

1. 3D Print with 3D Builder context menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10

How to: 3D Print with 3D Builder context menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10

How to Add or Remove 3D Print with 3D Builder context menu in Windows 10

3D Print with 3D Builder context menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Windows 10 comes with the 3D Builder app by default. The 3D Builder app has model visualization options and editing capabilities, and can print to a 3D printer that has a Windows-compatible printer driver. The app can be used as a reference and a test tool for 3D-editing, and for validating 3MF files that you create.

When users right click or press and hold on .bmp, .jpg, and .png files, they can select to use the 3D Print with 3D Builder context menu item to open the image in 3D Builder.

If you uninstall the 3D Builder app, it doesn't remove the 3D Print with 3D Builder context menu item.

If you do not want to uninstall the 3D Builder app, you can still add or remove the 3D Print with 3D Builder context menu item.

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove the 3D Print with 3D Builder context menu for all users in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to add or remove the context menu.

EXAMPLE: "3D Print with 3D Builder" context menu

3D Print with 3D Builder context menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Do step 2 (remove) or step 3 (add) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Remove "3D Print with 3D Builder" Context Menu
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Remove_3D_Print_with_3D_Builder_context_menu.reg

Download

3. To Add "3D Print with 3D Builder" Context Menu
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Add_3D_Print_with_3D_Builder_context_menu.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. If prompted, click on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

:)

Ten Forward, Aug 19, 2016
  2. RickMJ Win User

3D Builder Fillet or Chamfer an edge?

I realize that 3D Builder app is a very basic app to create very simple 3D models and 3D print however filleting and chamfering edges is a very simple and basic modeling function. So am I missing something in the 3D Builder app to fillet or chamfer an edge
    of an object?

If not are there plans to add these capabilities to 3D Builder app?

Cheers!

Rick...

RickMJ, Aug 19, 2016
  3. 3D Builder - can I save a sliced objects gcode file for printing directly from SD card?

Hi Charles,

For more information about printing your project in 3D Builder, you may want to check the video tutorial

here

See also
    3D Builder User Manual

Regards.

Christian Mart, Aug 19, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

3D Print with 3D Builder context menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10

I'm glad it could help Mike. *Smile

Brink, Aug 19, 2016
  5. BJM
    bjm Win User
    Remove 3D Print with 3D Builder context menu in Windows 10 works just like it was made for the job. Thanks

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome bjm. I'm glad it could help. *Smile

Brink, Nov 23, 2016
  7. Steve C Win User
    I just spotted this fix which worked fine. I wish MS would debug their software properly and avoid the need to deal with obvious & elementary irritations like this.

Steve C, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

3D Print with 3D Builder context menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10

1. 3D Print with 3D Builder context menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Print Builder context

2. 3d Builder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3d Builder: Has the 3d builder program been discontinued? Why doesn't he receive more updates and inclusion of improvements? It's a great program https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3d-builder/65033078-da0f-4c3c-88b1-ea1d930e4f36
  3. 3D builder

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    3D builder: First of all. I am a big fan of 3D builder. I use it for 3D modelling when I restore, repair or build things, from tables to houses. As a retired from IT everything I love the combination Powerpoint 2007 for drawings and 3d builder for modelling. I don't have to learn another...
  4. 3d builder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3d builder: how do i use web cam to import item and how do i cut off unusable area of item https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3d-builder/03d7c266-6837-4186-ac60-576e54df1985
  5. 3d builder radial menu

3d builder radial menu: Is the radial menu part of the current 3d builder for windows 10 64 bit. I am using ver 18 xxxxxxxxx thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3d-builder-radial-menu/d7e9853b-f72e-4a81-a1ce-2acb0bed8027
  6. 3d Builder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    3d Builder: Hi I try to get 3d builder but the windows store says , I need a new app to open this store How do I get round this Regards Don https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3d-builder/fb0f19f7-b9c5-491d-b7e9-843643726f00
  7. 3d builder 3d printing to my printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    3d builder 3d printing to my printer: How do I print 3d builder objects on my monoprice mini delta ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3d-builder-3d-printing-to-my-printer/e73a89b1-d715-4234-964a-653514611be2
  8. 3D builder

3D builder: How i can change manuely thickness of an objet without affect width and height? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3d-builder/6af42020-38cd-4dca-aa64-da080ba69625
  9. Remove '3D print with 3D Builder' from context menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove '3D print with 3D Builder' from context menu?: Just upgraded to the latest Anniversary Win 10 build. Uninstalled 3D Builder but this entry '3D print with 3D Builder' is still there when I right click an image file. How do I remove this? CCleaner does not help. [img] 58867
  10. Edit with Paint 3D context menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Edit with Paint 3D context menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Edit with Paint 3D context menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Edit with Paint 3D context menu in Windows 10 The Paint 3D UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app has been included in Windows 10 starting with Windows 10 build 14971. It has also...