Windows 10: 3rd party apps Force close and Store doesnt allow downloads

Discus and support 3rd party apps Force close and Store doesnt allow downloads in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I send a feedback to Microsoft but did not receive any response on my problems I encountered on cummulative update Version 1803 - KB4100403 (OS Build... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cracktech, Jun 28, 2018.

1. cracktech Win User

3rd party apps Force close and Store doesnt allow downloads

I send a feedback to Microsoft but did not receive any response on my problems I encountered on cummulative update Version 1803 - KB4100403 (OS Build 17134.81) when many of my 3rd party apps opens and immediately closes (Force Close) and also my App Store doesnt show me any "Install" buttons (I am able to access and and check that my store library are all intact not corrupted) even after I reset my store app. Today I downloaded and installed manually KB4284848 (OS Build 17134.134) and after reboot all my Force Closed apps problems were gone and I am able to use the Store again then the "Install" buttons reappeared again. I guess for my PC an old clunker Lenovo G400s and Acer (X64 machine) the update works. But I have another ASUS Laptop that doesnt seem to have any problems at all on any Cumulative updates but it is a x32 machine. So I guess the hardware/BIOS combination also plays a part in any Windows environment whether any updates works well on your machine or not. You dont expect Microsoft to be able to resolved the tens of thousands of hardware/BIOS combinations. I just updates any that comes my way I have not encounter any BSOD on 1803 on any of my 3 Laptops.*Wink*Wink

:)

cracktech, Jun 28, 2018
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Windows Mail and 3rd party messages

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Please assist me with the following information related to this issue:

• May I know what exactly do you mean when you say "download messages from 3rd party into Windows Mail"?
    • Are you referring to Mail app on Windows 10? If so, are you able to receive any send email via Mail app?

If you are facing issues with Mail app, I suggest
    run the in-built Windows Store app troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X..

• Click on Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• On the left pane, click on View All.

• Click on Windows Store apps to run the troubleshooter.
    Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

Yaqub K, Jun 28, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Home x64 - Store apps won't download

When trying to install 3rd party apps via the Windows Store, my system hangs at 0.0MB downloaded. I've tried rebooting and using wsreset.exe, it does nothing. Any suggestions?

patrickmacx64, Jun 28, 2018
  4. Khush_435 Win User

Windows 10 Applications Force Closing

• Did you receive any error message? - No, just force closes, so I have to manually start the app again
    • Did you install any third party security application? I have McAfee BT NetProtect Plus (it comes as a free download from my internet provider, which is BT)
    • Is the issue specific to mail and calendar app? - No, all Microsoft Apps from time-to-time, sometimes Windows App Store also force closes, but its mainly Calendar and Mail
    Also i tried the troubleshooter and no errors were found.

Khush_435, Jun 28, 2018
Thema:

1. 3rd party apps Force close and Store doesnt allow downloads - Similar Threads - 3rd party apps

2. Cant change setting so as to allow me download 3rd party app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant change setting so as to allow me download 3rd party app: I have windows 11. I cannot install third party app that I need. I tried to go into setting so as to let PC download app from anywhere but get the message below. When I click to sign in even though already signed in under my name there is an option to sign in under my wifes...
  3. Cant change setting so as to allow me download 3rd party app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant change setting so as to allow me download 3rd party app: I have windows 11. I cannot install third party app that I need. I tried to go into setting so as to let PC download app from anywhere but get the message below. When I click to sign in even though already signed in under my name there is an option to sign in under my wifes...
  4. Renaming 3rd Party Apps from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Renaming 3rd Party Apps from Microsoft Store: I understand there is no built-in way to rename an app you download from the Microsoft Store. I'm looking for any non-official options I may be able to use to accomplish the same goal e.g. altering in regedit. The screenshot below is a portion of the "All Apps" menu and the...
  5. Renaming 3rd Party Apps from Microsoft Store

Renaming 3rd Party Apps from Microsoft Store: I understand there is no built-in way to rename an app you download from the Microsoft Store. I'm looking for any non-official options I may be able to use to accomplish the same goal e.g. altering in regedit. The screenshot below is a portion of the "All Apps" menu and the...
  6. vetted 3rd party apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    vetted 3rd party apps: is Restoro an approved program to fixed windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vetted-3rd-party-apps/7897334f-71f3-427b-a825-2acb08005f7a
  7. vetted 3rd party apps

vetted 3rd party apps: is Restoro an approved program to fixed windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vetted-3rd-party-apps/7897334f-71f3-427b-a825-2acb08005f7a
  8. vetted 3rd party apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. 3rd Party Webcam for Microsoft Store Apps NOT WORKING

3rd Party Webcam for Microsoft Store Apps NOT WORKING: Third party webcam software is not working on Microsoft store apps. I've recently installed WhatsApp Desktop app & Messenger Desktop app from Microsoft Store, but while video calling on these apps my integrated laptop camera is being selected as default & not the 3rd party...
  10. many of my 3rd party apps opens and immediately closes (Force Close)

many of my 3rd party apps opens and immediately closes (Force Close): I send a feedback to Microsoft but did not receive any response on my problems I encountered on cummulative update Version 1803 - KB4100403 (OS Build 17134.81) when many of my 3rd party apps opens and immediately closes (Force Close) and also my App Store doesnt show me any...