Windows 10: 3rd party Apps not showing in all apps menu

Discus and support 3rd party Apps not showing in all apps menu in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I apologise for posting this problem again, but seem to have exhausted options, so hoped by starting a new thread, may get some new ideas. Installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by reddwarf4ever, Nov 9, 2015.

1. 3rd party Apps not showing in all apps menu

I apologise for posting this problem again, but seem to have exhausted options, so hoped by starting a new thread, may get some new ideas.

Installed Apps not showing in all apps menu.

resolved the same problem on my laptop, by running a script provided by Cliff S, but now it's happening on my PC.and the script does not help, also tried App Store troubleshooter. but no fault found.

i installed some small simple apps inc recuva, which appear in the C programs folder and I can create a shortcut and task bar icon, but it's not showing in all apps...

been doing some research and someone suggested the Windows installer could be at fault ran services and the installer was not running ( stopped) is this normal ?
    started ok, but no option to set it to auto run

any help would really be appreciated

thanks

:)

reddwarf4ever, Nov 9, 2015
  2. noksu Win User

E65 3rd party apps not showing in installation section after firmware upgrade

The reason is most propably that you had installed your application to phone memory and not to SD card memory. During update most part of the phone memory is erased and you can lost your installed applications. Solution is to download and reinstall those
    applications.

noksu, Nov 9, 2015
  3. anfearard Win User
    E65 3rd party apps not showing in installation section after firmware upgrade

Just updated the firmware on my E65. Have installed some apps (HandyProfile, HandyAlarm, etc.) and they are listed as installed by the application manager but are not showing up in the Installation section. Any ideas?

anfearard, Nov 9, 2015
  4. 3rd party Apps not showing in all apps menu

UPDATE
    I had a reply from the MS community forum suggesting I setup a new profile. ( as my current one could be corrupted ) I did this and the apps that Iminstalled under my profile showed in the all apps menu ....so does this suggest I have a problem with corruption in my original profile ?
    I am advised I can simply copy all the fils in the original profile folder to the new....or is there a different/better way ? Is it likely this will resolve a user profile corruption issue. or will I just copy the problem to the new profile ?

thanks
    UPDATE-2
    copied all the files possible from my original user profile to a new one ( had to be logged in to a third user profile to do this ) the programs I installed in the original profile are showing in the new one, but all the mods I did to my start menu and icons is obviously gone as this is linked to a DAT file....
    would like to know where the corruption in my profile would likely be to have caused my problem with newly installed apps not showing in the all apps menu, if it is one of the DAT files I could maybe copy the others over and retain my start menu layout.

any help would really be appreciated

reddwarf4ever, Nov 10, 2015
  5. ran
    fsutil resource setautoreset true c:\&fsutil usn deletejournal /d /n c:&Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup&&sfc /scannow&Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth&sfc /scannow&Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase&pause
    again
    and finished succesfuly
    fairly convinced it was / is an issue with my user profile, I have now copied everything from my orig profile to a new one except the Three DAT files....have rebuilt the startup menu in the new profile as it was in my orig one, ALL programs appear in the program menu.....have copied my documents pictures music video folders to the new profile and all the desktop shortcuts I had.
    the new profile now looks exactly the same as the original one. will test it for some time before deleting my original profile.
    wish I knew what caused this issue.
    would be good if there was a facility to back up the user profile and restore it if there were issues....Not sure if acronis true image will allow me to backup just the user folder and restore it if trouble happens again...
    will create ate system restore points every time I turn the PC on on hopefully this may give me some protection.
    but it really shouldn't happen.
    if you can think of a way of repairing my user prifile other than the long procedure of duplicating it that would be great

reddwarf4ever, Nov 12, 2015
  6. I thought Imhad been successful, but this morning when I checked the new profile that I had reinstated all the pinned program items was empty...I logged off first as I am meant to...

this is is driving me nuts.

What I really need help with is duplicating an existing profile complete with pinned menu items etc to another profile.

I will search and see if there is a tutorial on this forum.

Starting to wonder if I have used up all my help quota, as not getting any replies recently.

thanks

reddwarf4ever, Nov 12, 2015
  7. Think I will mark this as solved as despite 93 views no one seems able or willing to help me. When I first joined this forum, the support was amazing and I actually helped others, which was very rewarding....
    looks like I am on my own with this one....

reddwarf4ever, Nov 14, 2015
  8. Pendaws Win User

3rd party Apps not showing in all apps menu

I am having this issue after installing TH2 upgrade. *Sad If I find a reason for it or can fix it, I will let you know. *Smile

Pendaws, Nov 14, 2015
  9. Hi
    what is a TH2 upgrade ?

reddwarf4ever, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

3rd party Apps not showing in all apps menu

1. 3rd party Apps not showing in all apps menu - Similar Threads - 3rd party Apps

2. Malicious 3rd party apps and their removal.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Malicious 3rd party apps and their removal.: I have a user who was on a Mac, and had installed Free Flowchart, which appears to be malicious. Unable to remove from the Mac.Provisioned a ThinkPad with Windows installed, and when signed into G Drive, opening files sometimes redirects to the site to download the app again....
  3. Malicious 3rd party apps and their removal.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Malicious 3rd party apps and their removal.: I have a user who was on a Mac, and had installed Free Flowchart, which appears to be malicious. Unable to remove from the Mac.Provisioned a ThinkPad with Windows installed, and when signed into G Drive, opening files sometimes redirects to the site to download the app again....
  4. UAC 3rd party virus app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC 3rd party virus app: UAC asks if my 3rd party virus app is okay to make changes every time I start up my laptop. I was wondering if there is a way to add this app to the ignore list of UAC? My current UAC settings are: Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer....
  5. UAC 3rd party virus app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UAC 3rd party virus app: UAC asks if my 3rd party virus app is okay to make changes every time I start up my laptop. I was wondering if there is a way to add this app to the ignore list of UAC? My current UAC settings are: Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer....
  6. vetted 3rd party apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    vetted 3rd party apps: is Restoro an approved program to fixed windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vetted-3rd-party-apps/7897334f-71f3-427b-a825-2acb08005f7a
  7. vetted 3rd party apps

vetted 3rd party apps: is Restoro an approved program to fixed windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vetted-3rd-party-apps/7897334f-71f3-427b-a825-2acb08005f7a
  8. vetted 3rd party apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. 3rd party apps not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    3rd party apps not working: 3rd party apps are not working and wont download im not in S mode when I got to activation it says Windows 10 home edition. Anyone know why or have a solution I updated yesterday and steam and stuff quit working today....
  10. Opening a 3rd party app

Opening a 3rd party app: I keep getting this message when I click on a link to a purchase, "you'll need a new app to open this mql4buy" I understand Microsoft Store will not have an app for opening this file. The app I purchased works for Meta Trader 4, a platform for forex trading. Can I...