Windows 10: 4.1gb RAM usage.

Discus and support 4.1gb RAM usage. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This is definitely not normal. My ram usage on idle has spiked so drastically, that it is using up half of my physical memory. [img] I only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by erik9631, Apr 10, 2017.

1. erik9631 Win User

4.1gb RAM usage.

This is definitely not normal. My ram usage on idle has spiked so drastically, that it is using up half of my physical memory.

4.1gb RAM usage. [​IMG]

I only question why? Task manager does not show any specific application draining that much memory. The user uses up only 1.7GB of ram. The rest is simply gone.

4.1gb RAM usage. [​IMG]

This is the resource manager:

4.1gb RAM usage. [​IMG]

And this is the mem map.

4.1gb RAM usage. [​IMG]

Another weird thing is that my HDD is always on 100% usage. It always reads and writes a lot of data. Again I can not find out why.

My OS is virus free. I did multiple scans with Nod 32 and malware bytes. I can only question some drivers, possibly a memory leak? But why the high disk usage?

Any answer would be appreciated. Thanks.

:)

erik9631, Apr 10, 2017
  2. errPopu Win User

ram problems

so i did a upgrade of motherboard and cpu on my computer. just noticed that somehow i only have 3.9gb of ram avaiable while the rest (4.1gb) its reserved. now i have done many things ive seen in forums but none of it helps me get my 8 gb of rams. any help
    ?

errPopu, Apr 10, 2017
  3. Mike82167 Win User
    window 10 64 bit pro will not use all installed memory

I have windows 10 64bit pro with 32GB installed. my bios sees all 32GB of ram window sees all 32Gb of ram I have in use 2.4GB ,hardware reserved is 54MB , modified is 149Mb , standby is 1.8Gb and free is 28GB. when I push my computer I have never seen
    it use more then 4.1gb of my ram. how do I get windows 10 to use the other 20+gb of ram. the system does not show any momery lemits at all.

Mike82167, Apr 10, 2017
  4. anonjwm Win User

4.1gb RAM usage.

Try running a malware scan with Malwarebytes or similar.

anonjwm, Apr 10, 2017
  5. erik9631 Win User
    as I said in the post.... I already did that with no results.

erik9631, Apr 10, 2017
  6. anonjwm Win User
    Didn't notice that last part. Ok, let me see your task manager processes and background processes.

anonjwm, Apr 10, 2017
  7. erik9631 Win User
    I will throw this here in case the screenshots in the post are not enough.

4.1gb RAM usage. [​IMG]

erik9631, Apr 10, 2017
  8. LMiller7 Win User

4.1gb RAM usage.

Considering what is running the memory usage does not seem unreasonable. It may be unusual for your situation but there is no evidence of that.

A few things that need to be understood:

1. The numbers in post #1 show only processes from the logged in user. Memory usage of System services and other system processes are not included.

2. The numbers in post #5 show only process private memory usage which is only a part of process usage. The working set value shown in the details tab is closer but includes some double counting due to shared memory usage.

3. There are some substantial users of memory that are not processes. These include:
    a. Kernel pool usage. All of the non paged pool and a large portion of the paged pool.
    b. The file cache, not shown in Task Manager at all. It is not included in the "Cached" value.
    c. Quite a few others. Most are small but they do add up. Virtually none are shown in Task Manager.

LMiller7, Apr 10, 2017
  9. erik9631 Win User
    Well the question I am asking is, how am I going to get the memory usage back to normal without doing a clean install?

erik9631, Apr 11, 2017
  10. brummyfan Win User
    Go to Windows update in Settings, click Advanced Options, Choose how updates are delivered, if you have switched on Updates from more than one place, check that you haven't selected " Pcs on the Internet" as well.

4.1gb RAM usage. [​IMG]

brummyfan, Apr 11, 2017
  11. swarfega Win User
    You could also get the 64-bit version of Chrome if your CPU is 64-bit. If you decide to do you, you will need to uninstall the existing 32-bit version first.

You could also take this time to review the extensions you have installed in Chrome.

swarfega, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

4.1gb RAM usage.

1. 4.1gb RAM usage. - Similar Threads - 1gb RAM usage

2. Powershell is using 1GB ram

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Powershell is using 1GB ram: I'm 100% sure that i have malware or a miner on my pc, powershell is executing commands for a sketchy file hidden in the appdata called "INetHelper\cleaner.exe" and its using 1gb of ram.Can anyone help me to completely wipe this off my system?surely deleting the destination...
  3. Powershell is using 1GB ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell is using 1GB ram: I'm 100% sure that i have malware or a miner on my pc, powershell is executing commands for a sketchy file hidden in the appdata called "INetHelper\cleaner.exe" and its using 1gb of ram.Can anyone help me to completely wipe this off my system?surely deleting the destination...
  4. Powershell is using 1GB ram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. RAM usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAM usage: There is something I don't understand, why do different services and processes make a difference in RAM usage and affect the RAM usage of each other. Firstly, the windows widgets was taking up too much of RAM and it was of no use to me, so I disabled it from the registry....
  6. RAM usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RAM usage: Hi I have 2 gb RAM and I am trying to run an app which recommends 4gb RAM so I set the virtual memory or the paging files to 2.5gb and I don't know if this enough or even would help so please I need an expert to answer...
  7. RAM usage

RAM usage: Okay so, my problem comes from the fact that in standby my laptop is using over half of it's memory and I have no clue why it's doing this. On top of that it's causing any game I try to play to crash, so if anyone could help, that'd be very much appreciated....
  8. RAM usage

RAM usage: My Ram is usually in the 60-high 70's% regen. the most activity being done is web browsing. Is this normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ram-usage/f4977764-fc2a-4a3f-972a-ddf00029591b
  9. windows 10 64 bit on 1gb ram

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 64 bit on 1gb ram: hello Works Windows 10 on 64 bit on 1gb ram ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-64-bit-on-1gb-ram/250fcdbf-ffa9-40e0-b92d-5788a0a84043
  10. Windows 10 use 1gb of ram at idle?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 use 1gb of ram at idle?: Why Windows 10 use 1gb of ram at idle (32bit)? Can I turn of something? Thats too much. Windows 8.1 used below 500mb. Also my part of the screen on the left is black. I have radeon 4650, windows found drivers but probably I will need drivers from radeon but on the web...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to find out why laptop memory is idling at 4.1gb