Windows 10: 4-Port USB Hub + Printer question ?

Discus and support 4-Port USB Hub + Printer question ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I just purchased from Amazon (not here yet) a 4 Port USB Hub. Not sure that I ordered what I really need. I have two pc's, a Mac and a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Robert11, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Robert11 Win User

4-Port USB Hub + Printer question ?

Hello,

I just purchased from Amazon (not here yet) a 4 Port USB Hub.
    Not sure that I ordered what I really need.

I have two pc's, a Mac and a Windows.
    I wish to be able to select either one to go to the Printer and print something..

With this gadget I bought, the question that I have, which I wish I had before ordering, is what happens
    if both buttons for both PC's are pushed ?

What does the printer see ?

Could I print from either with both buttons to ON, or only one should be selected at a time ?
    What happens if both are on ?
    I would be printing from only one pc at any given time.

If someone could take a quick look at what I bought, would be appreciative:
    Sabrent 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub with Individual Power Switches and LEDs included 5V/2.5A power adapter (HB-UMP3)

Thanks,
    Bob

:)

Robert11, Jun 20, 2018
  2. Clintlgm Win User

USB Port Issue - Power Surge on Hub Port

I have no Idea, what i suggested you check is the USB ports on your computer ensure you didn't damage them. The Hub you smoked is smoked get rid of it.
    You new Hub is it self-powered? if not you probably don't have enough power going to the hub to support many devices. The flash drive plug it into a port on your computer if it works then its ok and the issue is the hub. If not you can try to run chk disk on it maybe you can fix it.

Clintlgm, Jun 20, 2018
  3. Aquinus Win User
    How many USB ports do you use ? ( 7 years later )

• Keyboard (x2, it has a powered USB hub on it so a second port is used for power/backlighting.)
    • Wireless Logitech G602 mouse (on the hub on the keyboard,)
    • Wi-fi adapter
    • UPS
    My list is kind of boring as everything else is attached to the network such as the printer and my backup.

Aquinus, Jun 20, 2018
  4. 4-Port USB Hub + Printer question ?

Ultra 4-Port USB 2.0 Hub $1.99

RadioShack
    Ultra Products 4-Port USB 2.0 Hub (Black) $1.99 (after MIR)

RadioShack
    Ultra 4-Port USB 2.0 Hub (White) $1.99 (after MIR)

error_f0rce, Jun 20, 2018
Thema:

4-Port USB Hub + Printer question ?

1. 4-Port USB Hub + Printer question ? - Similar Threads - Port USB Hub

2. 4-Port USB hub won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4-Port USB hub won't work: I have a Lenovo computer with Windows 10 Pro. On the 30th of September my son moved me from Wyoming to New Hampshire. Having just received my Gateway from Xfinity I set up my computer last night and for some reason the Micro Innovations 4-Port USB Hub that worked quite fine...
  3. 4-Port USB hub won't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    4-Port USB hub won't work: I have a Lenovo computer with Windows 10 Pro. On the 30th of September my son moved me from Wyoming to New Hampshire. Having just received my Gateway from Xfinity I set up my computer last night and for some reason the Micro Innovations 4-Port USB Hub that worked quite fine...
  4. 4-Port USB hub won't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB hub - USB C port not working

USB hub - USB C port not working: I have plugged in USB hub onto USB C port of my Dell laptop with Windows 10. The hub has 1 ethernet port, 2 USBs and a USB C port. All ports work well except USB C.When I connected SSD using USB C - USB C cable, light is blinking in SSD but not getting detected.Using USB to...
  6. USB-c USB hub with HDMI port not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB-c USB hub with HDMI port not working: Hi i own a asus g552vw laptop and got an USB-c, USB hub that has a HDMI port i have a Samsung TV using the laptops built in HDMI port as my main and my laptops screen as a second one. When i connect the USB hub and then use the HDMI port all i get on the lg TV is no signal...
  7. 4 USB devices, to 4-to-1 USB hub, to USB to CAT5 Adpt, to CAT5 to USB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    4 USB devices, to 4-to-1 USB hub, to USB to CAT5 Adpt, to CAT5 to USB: Hello all. Sorry that this is some what more of a hardware question, but I have 4 USB devices in a utility room that have the ability to be tied into a PC to monitor their actives and logs, but as I don’t want to keep a dedicated PC in that room just for that I was looking...
  8. USB printer port not accessible

USB printer port not accessible: I recently bought a Canon Pixma MG2580S inkjet printer for home use with my Lenovo Ideapad 310-15IKB running Windows 10 Home 1809. I plugged the printer in and windows detected it as MG2500 Series, and also as MG2500 Series WS. Neither of these options was functional for...
  9. Printer And 4-Port USB Hub question ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Printer And 4-Port USB Hub question ?: Hello, I just purchased from Amazon (not here yet) a 4 Port USB Hub. Not sure that I ordered what I really need. I have two pc's, a Mac and a Windows. I wish to be able to select either one to go to the Printer and print something.. With this gadget I bought, the question...
  10. USB Port Issue - Power Surge on Hub Port

USB Port Issue - Power Surge on Hub Port: I have a dell xps 15 9550. I plug a 4 port usb hub into the usb port as i use wireless mouse, and use keyboard and thus need a lot of usb hubs. I never had an issue at all. Just recently i had to charge a poweradd... this is a piece that charges your iphone. Thus in order to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 4 PORT PRINTER HUB