Windows 10: 45 failed attempts in windows update for win 10 pro

Discus and support 45 failed attempts in windows update for win 10 pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So i have 45 failed attempts in my windows update for windows 10 pro with a Error Code 80240020 what do i do and how do i fix this please thanks much.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tonyb, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Tonyb Win User

45 failed attempts in windows update for win 10 pro

So i have 45 failed attempts in my windows update for windows 10 pro with a Error Code 80240020 what do i do and how do i fix this please thanks much.

:)

Tonyb, Jul 29, 2015

2. Windows 10 Update Failing

I have a Windows Surface Pro running Windows 10 v 1703 15063.786. Win 10 v 1709 has been pending since December 6 but has failed on every attempt (45+) to automatic update each night.

Error message is always the same: "We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet."

It will go through the download step and the meter will register % of download and finally reach 100%. But then fail and report the above error message.

How do I resolve?

MS DCS Sr PM, Jul 29, 2015
  3. mastersdk Win User
    Upgrade to windows 10 pro keeps failing

I looked at the history of my updates and there were several attempts to try and install win 10 pro but all failed??????

mastersdk, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 29, 2015
  5. Tonyb Win User
    what about the software distribution fix that is floating around?

Tonyb, Jul 29, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You could try it if you like. What I posted was just another option if that doesn't help. *Smile

Brink, Jul 29, 2015
  7. Tonyb Win User
    will deleting the downloads in there cause any harm ?

Tonyb, Jul 29, 2015
  8. Tonyb Win User

ok i will try that thanks

Tonyb, Jul 29, 2015
  9. Tonyb Win User
    OMG Brink i did that and it downloaded windows 10 but it says its the insider preview why did i get that?

Tonyb, Jul 29, 2015
  10. Badfinger Win User
    Hey Tony, how are you doing the install of 10?

You tried their with current OS install, via USB stick, via burned DVD, etc etc, or just one of those?

Badfinger, Jul 29, 2015
  11. Tonyb Win User
    NO widows update d-loaded it but it says its the insider preview

Tonyb, Jul 29, 2015
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jul 29, 2015
  13. Tonyb Win User

No after i did that software distribution i followed the thing on the forums it d-loaded windows 10 but then the windows 10 d-load says its the insider preview one? why it says that its wired it took off and d-loaded said windows 10 is d-loading.

Tonyb, Jul 29, 2015
  14. Tonyb Win User
    45 failed attempts in windows update for win 10 pro [​IMG]

Tonyb, Jul 29, 2015
  15. Tonyb Win User
    So I contacted windows support threw phone the guy connected to my computer and did the same thing i did deleted the downloads in software distribution, it d-loaded it again the preview he hit the check my pc thing next to it nothing happens, its a false d-load, he said and told me to wait it out. Also Brink can you tell me how i uninstall the log-me in rescue app for microsoft support lol.

Tonyb, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

1. 45 failed attempts in windows update for win 10 pro - Similar Threads - failed attempts update

2. Updates failing - Win 10 Pro - Windows Update Assistant

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates failing - Win 10 Pro - Windows Update Assistant: I have two computers running Windows 10 Pro that need updates. When I open updates, I see "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes." Checking for updates takes a minute, then nothing happens - the message stays, and no updates are run. I downloaded and ran...
  3. Updates failing - Win 10 Pro - Windows Update Assistant

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates failing - Win 10 Pro - Windows Update Assistant: I have two computers running Windows 10 Pro that need updates. When I open updates, I see "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes." Checking for updates takes a minute, then nothing happens - the message stays, and no updates are run. I downloaded and ran...
  4. Updates failing - Win 10 Pro - Windows Update Assistant

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Update from Win 8.1 Pro to Win 10 pro - failed Windows 10 installation has failed

Update from Win 8.1 Pro to Win 10 pro - failed Windows 10 installation has failed: Hello, I have problem with update operating system windows 8.1 Pro to Win 10 Pro on my laptop Asus G750JH. I used MediaCreationTool21H2.exe to update. I chose the option to upgrade windows. Installer downloaded the instalation media and updates and started installing. When...
  6. Update from Win 8.1 Pro to Win 10 pro - failed Windows 10 installation has failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update from Win 8.1 Pro to Win 10 pro - failed Windows 10 installation has failed: Hello, I have problem with update operating system windows 8.1 Pro to Win 10 Pro on my laptop Asus G750JH. I used MediaCreationTool21H2.exe to update. I chose the option to upgrade windows. Installer downloaded the instalation media and updates and started installing. When...
  7. Update from Win 8.1 Pro to Win 10 pro - failed Windows 10 installation has failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Failed update attempt

Failed update attempt: my pc has been trying to update to Windows 10 but it never is successful. It screws up the start every time as it has to undo all changes. This last time it has caused an endless loop of trying to start. I can hit delete to get into aptio setup utility but not sure what to do...
  9. upgrade Win 7 to Win 10 Fails (5 attempts)

upgrade Win 7 to Win 10 Fails (5 attempts): Hi, I am wanting to upgrade my Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10. However the installation has crashed out 5 times and reverted to my Win 7 first i got the 0xC1900101-0x30018 error during SYSPREP - I seem to have resolved this by bringing all my drivers (including hidden...
  10. Windows 10 Update Fails At 45% After Restart

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Update Fails At 45% After Restart: Hello, I'm having an issue when trying to update Windows 10. Basically it auto updates and after the computer restarts it tries to install the update and fails every time.The last update I have is the Windows 10 creators update and the current one that is failing to update...