Windows 10: 465.7GB - An error occurred (0)

Discus and support 465.7GB - An error occurred (0) in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 installed on a dell XPS PC. Two weeks ago, I wanted to restore my PC to a previous restore point. The process took at least 5 hours!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by jololi, Mar 5, 2017.

1. jololi Win User

465.7GB - An error occurred (0)

I have Windows 10 installed on a dell XPS PC. Two weeks ago, I wanted to restore my PC to a previous restore point. The process took at least 5 hours! Then the PC restarted and a black screen came with the following message:
    465.7GB - An error occurred (0) (attached screen capture). Then nothing. The computer would not start. The PC is running, but the monitor remains black. I first thought that it was a monitor problem and I tried the monitor with another PC, and it works.
    Amazingly, since the PC shares the local network with another computer, from that other computer I can access all files of the damaged computer that are stored in My Documents or the Desktop!
    Is there a way to solve this 465.7GB error?
    Thanks!

:)

jololi, Mar 5, 2017

2. Error 1390-0-36-64 Error Searching has occurred

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

We appreciate the time and effort that you have invested in to fix the issue.

As per the above information that you have provided, I suggest that you post your queries in TechNet Forum for further clarification as they will be better equipped to help you resolve the issue.

To redirect click on the link below

Technet forums - Windows 8.1 Networking

I hope this will provide you the assistance that you require. Please feel free to contact Microsoft Community for Windows related queries

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 5, 2017
  3. Error 1390-0-36-64 Error Searching has occurred

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community.

I understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to resolve the issue.

As per the information that you have provided, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Are you connected to a domain network?

2. Are you connected to computers or other devices as well?

As you have stated that you upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I suspect that you might still have some drivers that belongs to the old OS. to rectify this, I suggest that you follow the steps below and check.

1. Right click on the Start Menu and select Device Manager.

2. Click on the View tab above the window and select Show Hidden Devices.

3. Under Network Adapter, check if there are any greyed out devices. If so delete/uninstall them and check.

Also, I suggest that you try to open the share folder that causes the issue form another computer instead of the primary one an check if you get the same effect.

Hope this helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 5, 2017
  4. 465.7GB - An error occurred (0)

You have an error on the second disk in your raid configuration. I would recommend that you hit "Ctrl-I" to enter the raid management software. I would then try to Re-Build disk 2 in that configuration. If that fails, you will need to replace that disk.

storageman, Mar 5, 2017
  5. jololi Win User
    Hi Storageman,
    Thanks for your help. I could enter the RAID management system. Exactly as you said, one disk is OK, the other has an error. When I choose the Recovery Volume Options, I am presented two choices:
    (1) Enable Only Recovery Disk
    (2) Enable Only Master Disk.
    But I have no idea how to fix the problem.
    Any further help will be appreciated. Thanks.

jololi, Mar 6, 2017
  6. First question is "Do you have a Full Image Backup of your System" ? If not, I would Contact Dell with this problem since I do not know how they configured your raid system physically. With out that knowledge it would be a guess on which volume to enable. If you do have a backup, I would Enable only master to see what happens. The Choice is yours.

Most Raid configurations offer a recover function to recover disks in error, however yours is not (maybe due to the Raid Striping configuration).

storageman, Mar 6, 2017
  7. Samuria Win User
    Do you know what raid your running it sound like it could be raid 0 in which case if one disk goes you loose everything the raid util should tell you Standard RAID levels - Wikipedia

Samuria, Mar 6, 2017
  8. jololi Win User

Hi Storageman,
    I do not have a Full Image Backup.
    When I choose the Recovery Volume, whichever option I choose yields the following message: "There are no Recovery volumes available". Maybe I will have to contact Dell.
    I appreciate your help.

jololi, Mar 6, 2017
  9. jololi Win User
    Hi Samuria,
    Thanks for coming to rescue ^o^
    I am not really sure (I'm not a computer expert), but I suspect it's I think it's Raid 0, as seems to suggest the attached image.
    I may have to wipe everything and reinstall (if I know how to do it).
    Thanks.

465.7GB - An error occurred (0) [​IMG]

jololi, Mar 6, 2017
  10. jololi Win User
    What is amazing to me is that from the other computer in the same network, I can access all files of the failing computer (My Documents; Pictures; Desktop) with the exception of the ones that are on the C drive. Now I regret creating a Documents folder on my C drive and storing most of my data there!

jololi, Mar 6, 2017
  11. Samuria Win User
    There is very little point in having raid unless you have specific need. You may need to move the disk cable from a raid controller to standard one then do a clean install.
    The way forward is to store docs etc in onedrive or Google drive that way its backed up instantley to the cloud and you can get at it anywhere on any device. If you use both you get 30 gigs space for free

Samuria, Mar 6, 2017
  12. In your posting #6 you reported that "There are no Recovery volumes available" which is true unless you connect a volume. The Intel raid said you had an error which doesn't mean it collapsed.

I would do as storageman recommended in terms of securing your personal data. I would do this before attempting Raid rebuild. You don't know what is wrong with drive and it may have 30 minutes left or 30 hours.

I assume this is a tower, if so I would get another 500GB HDD with similar ratings, connect it and enter the the system as you did in post #6. You are going to likely loose something. It may already be evident in that I think you said in your first post it boots to black screen. That said you can deal with that once you have your raid issues solved. (This is likely cause of 5 hour restore.)

Going forward, and again assuming this is a tower, and if you are going to do a clean install, maybe invest in a 250GB SSD for Windows and programs. You can then use your HDD's for data. I have mine set in raid 1, which is a mirror. That is my first level against a single drive failure on data drives. Your raid zero is to provide speed, the SSD will meet your needs. Data really doesn't need this speed.

Ken

Edit: I would not disconnect drives and power up machine. The raid will break and everything will be gone. (At least that was my experience, I now have drives label with port numbers)

Caledon Ken, Mar 6, 2017
  13. jololi Win User

Hi Caledon
    Thanks for you suggestions. This is a learning experience for me.
    I will try to follow your advice. It means opening the PC (yes it is a tower), but I have to do it! I already have a 500GB hard drive that I have never used (been having it for at least 3 years).
    I appreciate your help.

jololi, Mar 6, 2017
  14. jololi Win User
    Hi Samuria
    I have learned my lesson! All the posts have been very useful indeed and I will try my best, be courageous and open the PC!
    I have already transferred some of the data to my other computer (with the exception of the ones I dumbly stored on the C drive).
    Thanks for your help.
    Best regards.

jololi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. 465.7GB - An error occurred (0) - Similar Threads - 465 7GB error

2. What to do when install error code 0×80070103 occurs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What to do when install error code 0×80070103 occurs?: What to do when install error code 0×80070103 occurs in windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-to-do-when-install-error-code-080070103/c658cd18-f4e3-45db-943e-47bc7f0b4b4c
  3. What to do when install error code 0×80070103 occurs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What to do when install error code 0×80070103 occurs?: What to do when install error code 0×80070103 occurs in windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-to-do-when-install-error-code-080070103/c658cd18-f4e3-45db-943e-47bc7f0b4b4c
  4. Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occured while preparing the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occured while preparing the...: I have done everything possible to Install windows, after having and issue with my ASUS F555BP laptop bootig up into the BIOS. I have made a WIN 10 Reinsall flash drive, and followed the steps that have been suggested in many YouTube Video, Microsoft Pages, and other Tech...
  5. Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occured while preparing the...

Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occured while preparing the...: I have done everything possible to Install windows, after having and issue with my ASUS F555BP laptop bootig up into the BIOS. I have made a WIN 10 Reinsall flash drive, and followed the steps that have been suggested in many YouTube Video, Microsoft Pages, and other Tech...
  6. Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occured while preparing the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occured while preparing the...: I hae done everything possible to Install windows again after haing and issue with my ASUS F555BP laptop bootig up into the BIOS. I have made a WIN 10 Reinsall flash drive,and followed the steps that have been syggested in many YouTube Video, Microsfot Pages, and other Tech...
  7. Windows Setup - "Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occurred while...

Windows Setup - "Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. The error occurred while...: I have a laptop that has no operating system installed on it, so I made a Windows 11 USB with the media creation tool for Windows 11 on a different laptop and I tried booting up the laptop with the USB into the setup for Windows 11, and so during the Windows 11 installation,...
  8. Srttrial.txt 0×0 error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Srttrial.txt 0×0 error: When i go advanced settings and repair windows from loadind i get this error..and when i open the file it says hdd errors 0×0 long page..how i fix that?i tried to put every command in cmd doesnt help..and tried many youtube guides ..i thought the prob was on hdd so i bought...
  9. Error occured

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error occured: i can't sign in to my account ! it says "something went wrong" and i tried to sign in from a different browser but an error 401 occured I need help as soon as possible! how can i sign in again?...
  10. An error occurred

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    An error occurred: When I click on New anywhere I get Microsoft middle of screen change from different languages then "An error occurred" message. What can I do to fix this/ I have completed all updates, still have issues?...