Windows 10: 4G Pocket Wifi or 4G Router

Discus and support 4G Pocket Wifi or 4G Router in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 and wanted to know if there is a significant difference if I use one of the two. 4G Pocket Wifi 4G Router Considering the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TechRonimus, Nov 18, 2015.

1. 4G Pocket Wifi or 4G Router

I am using Windows 10 and wanted to know if there is a significant difference if I use one of the two.

4G Pocket Wifi
    4G Router

Considering the same signal Strenght in my area
    same brand on the devices above. from Huwawei

for the Router I am not going to use an outdoor antenna

I am thinking if the same signal reception is achieve from both devices then i am going to use the pocket wifi If not then I would be using the pocket wifi for portability in case I need it on travels.

:)

TechRonimus, Nov 18, 2015

2. Nokia Lumia Icon Won't Even See My Home WiFi Router

Unable to update mail account error code 8007DEFD in connectivity wifi 4G router

Baby Mitra, Nov 18, 2015
  3. Nycotine Win User
    Phone uses 4G when it is off and WiFi is turned on. ***WP8.1 Developers Preview***

Okay, so when you slide your finger down the screen you access the notification center. In the top left where the signal strength bars are, to the right of them it tells you whether you're using 4G or WiFi. Below them, (in my case) it will either say T-mobile
    4G or WiFi Calling. Now... I have 4G turned off. WiFi turned on. In the WiFi calling app I have it set to WiFi preferred. To the right of the signal bars, it shows the WiFi icon. For some reason though, underneath it says T-mobile 4G. Why doesn't it say WiFi
    Calling? Sometimes it will, randomly, but for the most part it says T-mobile 4G. Also, when I'm connected to WiFi I ALWAYS have rock solid full bars. Even though it shows the WiFi icon next to them, they move around as if I'm on 4G. I'm not a complete idiot,
    so please don't tell me to reset my router or ask if I'm connected to a WiFi network etc. I use Pandora, Facebook, IE and so on a lot and would much prefer to use WiFi for those at least. I can deal with calling being 4G only. If anyone can help that'd be
    great.

Nycotine, Nov 18, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

4G Pocket Wifi or 4G Router

To benefit from the 4G speed, the provider must operate at 4G as well. If they operate at 3G you won't notice any difference. As far as I know few providers have 4G speeds, and these only in big cities.

spapakons, Nov 18, 2015
  5. I mean which of the two device would get better reception of the signal - We have Very good 4G signal in my area so I was planning on buying one of the devices I mentioned and which would be beneficial if there is any.

Right now what I have is a phone that I use as a hot spot connected to my PC by USB. so I am planning to get either a pocket WiFi or a router so the signal strength and coverage here is constant and out of the equation.

Reason being is if there is no difference in the way that the signal being received by any of the two devices then I would just get a pocket wifi.

If it is pocket wifi I would hook up my PC via USB
    if it is a router I would hook it up by means of LAN

so I guess another question besides the signal strength reception is the way my pc is connected or would there be any difference? I know LAN might better I am not that sure though

TechRonimus, Nov 22, 2015
  6. spapakons Win User
    The router will allow more than one computers sharing the 4G connection while the pocket Wi-Fi can connect to only one computer. Also the pocket Wi-Fi should be smaller than the router and easier to carry when travelling. The choice is yours. If you want it always with you, the pocket Wi-Fi would be a better option. If you want to use it mostly at home, the router will allow you connect more devices.

spapakons, Nov 22, 2015
  7. dgordon42 Win User
    Hi,
    I'm using a Huawei E5372 4G mobile WiFi.
    I'm also in an area with a good 4G signal.
    I use this device to connect 4 computers, a Windows phone, and an iPod to the internet, and it works really well.

All the computers connect via WiFi, and are networked to each other.
    It is possible to connect via USB, but I don't, as the WiFi is much handier.

The WiFi signal is not as strong as the signal from a WiFi router. If you are in a large building, with thick brick walls, you may be better off with the router option.

Hope this helps,

Dave.

dgordon42, Nov 23, 2015
  8. 4G Pocket Wifi or 4G Router

Thank you guys, after reading all your inputs I am leaning more towards the router as the walls thicker here so that would greatly affect on how I receive the signal compared to a pocket wifi. Also someone told me that since there is a large box near my unit that could also contribute to interference. The box has a label high voltage so this may be a transformer or something. Again thank you guys

TechRonimus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

4G Pocket Wifi or 4G Router

1. 4G Pocket Wifi or 4G Router - Similar Threads - Pocket Wifi Router

2. Windows 11 4g usb dongle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 4g usb dongle: Hello,I have problem with Huawei E3372 LTE USB modem. In device manager I see device but with errorERROR"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. Code 39 {Bad Image} %hs is either not designed to run on Windows or it...
  3. OneDrive sync issues over wifi using Huawei 4G router using an enterprise VPN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive sync issues over wifi using Huawei 4G router using an enterprise VPN: I have a works windows device that I am struggling to sync desktop files up-to OneDrive cloud, the device is connected via wifi over a VPN it is silent and i cannot configure the VPN to a Huawei H112-372 5g router EE is the carrier .I have also a mac book air and I have...
  4. 4g only on windows 10

4g only on windows 10: Hello, community. I have an LTE modem installed in my notebook. My mobile operator gives me unlimited access to the LTE network, other networks have limited Internet traffic. Does anybody know how to switch windows 10 desktop version to use only 4g network?...
  5. Combine 4G with WiFi?

Combine 4G with WiFi?: is it possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/combine-4g-with-wifi/38d63076-9ca7-45ca-8a47-0b71addd081f
  6. Trying to install 4G WiFi Dongle on new laptop

Trying to install 4G WiFi Dongle on new laptop: Hello all, I hope someone here can help me. Just got my new Asus notebook home, setting it up, hit a snag when trying to install my Wifi Dongle. Autorun.EXE did not work automatically as per normal, got a message saying it was blocked to keep my device safe, and would I like...
  7. E3276 4g modem driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    E3276 4g modem driver: Hi! My 4g modem huawei e3276 wont install, the driver is rejected by window10. Is there a driver that windows10 supports? Regards Micke https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e3276-4g-modem-driver/2f808a93-4cf5-4137-bb78-8fc18b7dbcd2
  8. Airtel 4G dongle

Airtel 4G dongle: Airtel 4G dongle model E3372H- 607 is not detected by windows 10. When the dongle is connected the web page http://192.168.1.1/html/index.html?version=22.001.29.01.03 failed open. The web page shows error This 192.168.1.1 page can’t be found No webpage was found for the...
  9. Kingston Datatraveler 4G

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Kingston Datatraveler 4G: How can I format a Kingston Datatraveler 4G. System doesn't recognize the drive at all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kingston-datatraveler-4g/69c84f66-122e-4102-8c7a-29105bb22a00
  10. Surface Pro (6): Connection to WiFi Router (that is connected toa 4G LTE) vs. iPhone...

Surface Pro (6): Connection to WiFi Router (that is connected toa 4G LTE) vs. iPhone...: Ok, I've got what I'd call a rather weird issue... Essentially I've switched over from an older macbook pro to the brand new surface pro 6 (at work), all well. As we don't have a landline at the building anymore but rather excellent high speed 4G LTE connections, we've...