Windows 10: 4k computer stutter when moving mouse fast

Discus and support 4k computer stutter when moving mouse fast in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Okay this is a weird error and I didn't notice it until I started to play a large amount of games in 4k (after a recent computer upgrade). I notice... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Snake3169, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Snake3169 Win User

4k computer stutter when moving mouse fast

Okay this is a weird error and I didn't notice it until I started to play a large amount of games in 4k (after a recent computer upgrade).

I notice when I have a game in 4k, and I move my mouse slow.. the game doesn't stutter, but if I zip my mouse around quickly, the game stutters a lot, like the computer can't keep up with rendering the game and/or lagging.

Even weirder, it doesn't do it in first person shooters on 4k (because no cursor I guess?). The FPS's play smooth as butter.

So I am kinda at a loss as to what could be causing this.

I noticed it while playing Diablo 3, it lagged so much that I ended up going back to 1080p cause I thought the game was just glitch in 4k or something. Though now I am noticing it in lots of games after my upgrade too.

Windows 10 (with all updates)
    i7 6850k @ 4.4
    16gig of DDR4 2400
    Asus Rampage V Extreme
    Asus Strix 970s (2) in SLI (with latest NVidia drivers)

I just recently reinstalled Windows 10. And I note it was doing it in diablo 3 before I reinstalled Windows 10 and on my old computer.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Snake3169, Feb 25, 2017
  2. KajiRyoji Win User

After a Windows 10 update my Netflix and Youtube videos stutter when I move my mouse in fullscreen.

Hello Patricia and thank you for the reply. At the moment our current Winver shows Version 1709 (Build 16299.125).

The screen blackouts on 4K monitors are almost gone, which is a good thing. Netflix video itself seems to run fluid but it's producing a mouse lock-up every 1 - 1.5 seconds on our stopwatch. When you move the mouse cursor, the cursor stops moving for a short
    moment (long enough to say its pretty noticeable).

- This stutter happens on Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome

- This stutter happens when an Netflix video is running or being stopped but still on the page.

- Youtube runs fine!

- Multiple Mouses. From Logitech to Razer, same issues. Latest drivers.

Hope it helps, we just keep looking at the update page you provided and keep you updated if anything changes.

Thank you and have a wonderful holiday time!

Best, Toby

KajiRyoji, Feb 25, 2017
  3. spacejamz Win User
    Upgraded to WIN 10; GTX 970 Driver Fail and 4K monitor not recognized...

No issues installing the 353.62 driver on my Windows 10 Pro (fresh) install with my 970 card and Samsung 40" HU6950 4K monitor...For the most part, the video is great.

However, on some windows (like the Nvida control panel and Taskbar properties window), the text will 'stutter' whenever I move my mouse...

No video issues at all on my 1080p laptop though....

spacejamz, Feb 25, 2017
  4. 4k computer stutter when moving mouse fast

Microstuttering maybe. Try swapping with single GTX 1080 and see if the issues persist.

theveterans, Feb 25, 2017
Thema:

4k computer stutter when moving mouse fast

1. 4k computer stutter when moving mouse fast - Similar Threads - computer stutter moving

2. Mouse Stuttering and Moving on its own?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Stuttering and Moving on its own?: Edition Windows 11 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎12/‎3/‎2022 OS build 22621.2283 So I have 3 profiles or accounts on my PC, I use mine almost daily and don't have this issue for some reason but on the two other profiles after signing into them the desktop shows up like...
  3. Mouse Stuttering and Moving on its own?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Stuttering and Moving on its own?: Edition Windows 11 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎12/‎3/‎2022 OS build 22621.2283 So I have 3 profiles or accounts on my PC, I use mine almost daily and don't have this issue for some reason but on the two other profiles after signing into them the desktop shows up like...
  4. My windows 11 computer stutters when i DON'T move my mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 11 computer stutters when i DON'T move my mouse: Hello, my pc stutters when i dont move my mouse. It's only started doing this recently, and it starts to stutter after about 10 to 15 seconds. When it stutters, the video output lags and doesn't catch up with what im'm doing, but the audio is fine.Here are my system's...
  5. My windows 11 computer stutters when i DON'T move my mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows 11 computer stutters when i DON'T move my mouse: Hello, my pc stutters when i dont move my mouse. It's only started doing this recently, and it starts to stutter after about 10 to 15 seconds. When it stutters, the video output lags and doesn't catch up with what im'm doing, but the audio is fine.Here are my system's...
  6. Computer suddenly with mouse stutter and moving agonizingly slow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer suddenly with mouse stutter and moving agonizingly slow: This just happened today. Both the touchpad and the USB mouse are moving in a stuttered manner and the computer is agonizingly slow, so slow that I cannot even work on it. It was working great just this morning and I haven't had any problems with it before. I've restarted it...
  7. Everytime when I move my mouse or my cursor, my computers starts to stutter.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Everytime when I move my mouse or my cursor, my computers starts to stutter.: I really need help with this problem. Also, when I am playing Fortinte, when I open my inventory my whole computer starts to stutter and lag. Is there anyone that knows how to fix this issue. I have tried everything that I could, but no luck. Please help....
  8. Sluggish, or fast mouse movement when starting the computer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sluggish, or fast mouse movement when starting the computer.: Hello there, I have a problem where upon starting my computer for the first time, my mouse is either too fast, or too slow. Changing the speed in settings does not work, however if I restart my computer, the mouse speed will be normal. So whenever I start my computer, I...
  9. computer stuttering when second moniter is hooked up but only when i move my mouse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer stuttering when second moniter is hooked up but only when i move my mouse: So I have an extra monitor and when I hook it up it causes my computer to freeze every 2 seconds for about a second but ONLY when I move my mouse, if I keep my mouse still it works fine, iv tried unhooking the main monitor to see if it would do that on just the extra monitor...
  10. Game lags when moving mouse too fast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game lags when moving mouse too fast: Hello, I'm experiencing this issue on Windows 10. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2908279 When moving the mouse over games it lags, low fps, stuttering. The article however is for 8.1 not Windows 10. Any help would be appreciated, thanks 74569

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer stutters when I move mouse fast